Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HD?

• 16-06-2009 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, little help needed here..

I have an Xbox core and it doesnt have a HDMI output at the back. I have a HDMI cable and a HD ready TV. Is there anyway I can play my Xbox in HD? Surely using the five composite cables (Red, Blue, Green, + White/Red) isnt as good as the HDMI...? Is there an adapater I can get that will allow me to use the HDMI? Im not a very technical person so hopefully that makes sense :o

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Archimedes wrote: »
    Hey guys, little help needed here..

I have an Xbox core and it doesnt have a HDMI output at the back. I have a HDMI cable and a HD ready TV. Is there anyway I can play my Xbox in HD? Surely using the five composite cables (Red, Blue, Green, + White/Red) isnt as good as the HDMI...? Is there an adapater I can get that will allow me to use the HDMI? Im not a very technical person so hopefully that makes sense :o

Thanks

The 5 cables are Component, and will probably give as good a picture as HDMI. Is the TV "Full HD" do you know? It depends on the TV and quality of the sockets, but really Component is perfectly fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Cheers for the speedy response.

I assume the TV is full HD, its a pretty top-of-the-range one anyway.

As for the component cables, ive plugged them all into the right things at the back (thank you colour-codes!) and the picture doesnt seem to be any different from what it would normally be (yes, I have switched it to "HDTV" on the back of the Xbox)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Archimedes wrote: »
    Cheers for the speedy response.

I assume the TV is full HD, its a pretty top-of-the-range one anyway.

As for the component cables, ive plugged them all into the right things at the back (thank you colour-codes!) and the picture doesnt seem to be any different from what it would normally be (yes, I have switched it to "HDTV" on the back of the Xbox)....

Go into the system settings in "My XBox", Console Settings, Display, HDTV settings and select 1080p. If it doesn't work try 1080i and 720p. As long as all the wires are in the right place I can't think of anything else. 1080p should be available if it's a new TV, on the old one in my sitting room it went up to 720p which was also the limit for the TV, and looks brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman!

It was at 480p, changed it up to 1020. Happy days, thanks for the help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Microsoft actually do a HDMI cable for the 360 Core/Premium if you want full upscaling of DVDs but don't think there's any point unless you've a 1080p TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Jev/N wrote: »
    Microsoft actually do a HDMI cable for the 360 Core/Premium if you want full upscaling of DVDs but don't think there's any point unless you've a 1080p TV

small tip: you can use any HDMI cable, not only Microsoft one ;)

docentore wrote: »
    small tip: you can use any HDMI cable, not only Microsoft one ;)

AFAIK you can't as these systems don't have a HDMI port, only the 360 elite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

AFAIK you can't as these systems don't have a HDMI port, only the 360 elite

They all do. I bought an updated core a few years back and it has a HDMI port on it.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    They all do. I bought an updated core a few years back and it has a HDMI port on it.

Ah right, my system only has this one:

SapphireConsole.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

apparently ALL models of xbox are now being fitted with hdmi since the beginning of this year. Obviously there is still stock in shops without the hdmi but theres loads on the net about how to make sure you get a new one.....prefarably with the Jasper chipset aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

claiva wrote: »
    apparently ALL models of xbox are now being fitted with hdmi since the beginning of this year. Obviously there is still stock in shops without the hdmi but theres loads on the net about how to make sure you get a new one.....prefarably with the Jasper chipset aswell.

It's a lot longer then the beginning of the year. I've had my core/arcade console for about 18/19 months at this stage.

Cool! Just realised when I got RROD, Microsoft sent me a new one rather than fixing it, must check the connections when I get home :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Cool! Just realised when I got RROD, Microsoft sent me a new one rather than fixing it, must check the connections when I get home :D

Don't want to waste your hopes, but I never heard of anyone who got HDMI for non HDMI box. They call them "new" but they are mostly refurbs or new ones with OPUS mobo, similar to Falcon minus HDMI

Advertisement