Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Join the Happy Quitters thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Quit Tuesday the 1st of September ..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

Off them a week tomorrow and was out over the w/e and didn't.

I think I have it cracked this time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fruitbat66

Days..Smoking since i was 14ish...29years..And in that Time i have quit a few times:o..But so determined now ...Been at weddings and out an about ..Lasting ok so far...Getting cravings but no associating them with fags:pac:

still off them, 10 days now. never felt better. its great being able to taste and smell things for a change.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Off them 5 weeks today. Smoking 30 years and only off them once for a week over 20 yeras ago. No patches, gum etc. Tbh dont feel any better apart from self satisfied smug feeling. Used to smoke 30-45 a day.

• Advertisement

Off them 5 weeks today. Smoking 30 years and only off them once for a week over 20 yeras ago. No patches, gum etc. Tbh dont feel any better apart from self satisfied smug feeling. Used to smoke 30-45 a day.

You should feel something when u go to do any physical excerise?!. I do already and its only 2 weeks.

3 weeks, :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

On Sunday, I smoked my last ciggie. A very good friend of my mother's who smokes has been diagnosed with Emphsemya(sic) at 53, has been given 3 -5 years to live :(. She's still smoking :( .
    It put the fear of God into me, I'm 33 and I want to live to a ripe old age.

Slaygal wrote: »
    On Sunday, I smoked my last ciggie. A very good friend of my mother's who smokes has been diagnosed with Emphsemya(sic) at 53, has been given 3 -5 years to live :(. She's still smoking :( .
    It put the fear of God into me, I'm 33 and I want to live to a ripe old age.

Its sad but sometimes these situations are the only thing that can make someone want to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lazywhole

off them 6 months now.delighted but having a hard week this week for some reason..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

still trying was off them for a month but the daughter took a trip to st likes hospital and back on them again.... oh and I think champix are great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

29th May 2007. The day we buried the 14yr old left back of the football team I managed and the best friend my son ever had. Still miss the lad every day. Jaysus, I could never get him to understand the offside rule.

I'll never touch one again, even when I get pished, like now

Almost 1 month off them.... and going through one of the most stressful weeks of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Great work everyone. 1 week off today, only a newbie, but feeling better already for it tbh. Haven't been tempted, even secretly, and haven't touched any so far! Fingers crossed.

Used the gum for a day or two to take it down, but haven't really needed it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Wooohoooo two weeks and no ciggies whatsoever, even when out in pub/company that smokes. I'm really pleased, I think it's affecting my mood and well being more than I expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Im off them a year and a half now.

Still feels good to this day that I got off them. One of the best days for me was when I was in a shop just after the last budget and a guy beside me was buying smokes. The shop assistant asked for 8:50 (ish). I couldn't believe the price and I thought that used to be me throwing money away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

12 weeks today. Yay! \o/

a month and a half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Finally managed to stop smoking 3 years ago. Was off them for 2 years when I went on holiday with a friend who sat on our balcony every night chain smoking as we shared a bottle of wine, and I thought I'd have just one ciggie with her.

Am now back on the patches and have been ciggie-free for 5 weeks. And what struck me the first time around has struck me again - the dogs have stopped coughing since I've stopped smoking

2 months! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

You've been free of cigarettes for 265 days, 16 hours, 23 minutes & 48 seconds

You have not smoked 6,642 cigarettes since then, and you have saved a total of €2,822.89
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

^^ What website is that meter thing on?

Off them 18 days today.. Still want one, but a lot of chewing gum is doing the job. :)

Also, the main reason I gave up was to clear up my skin, which actually has, brilliantly!

Good riddence. Hopefully I never have one again. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

quitometer is on www.stopsmoking.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13 drakiel

Day 3 off the smokes... hope i can get throught the weekend without giving in. This is my 3rd time this year trying to give up so hopefully third time lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

off them i think 4 weeks! ive actually lost track. i have had a few weak moments tho. most especially when ive been out but i find if i have a few pulls of someone elses im fine... as long as i dont buy a box! think im doing pretty good! was usig the patches but got fed up tof the sticky bits! so now im doing it myself but the patches were good for the first few hard days/ weeks.

good health to all the quitters!!!! first time ive been proud to be a quitter!!! hehe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DixonBainbridge

I've quit nearly 2 weeks now and I know i'm going to do it this time. I've tried before and failed but i just know that this time i will quit. I've got complete confidence in myself.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

Hi Judas! You quit 4 months, 3 days, 23 hours, 17 minutes & 42 seconds ago. You have *not* smoked 2,539 cigs, saved EUR 1,079 and added 1.25 weeks to your life.
    Did it cold turkey this time and I feel better about "staying quited" than when I used crutches like patches. Well chuffed about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

Did it cold turkey this time and I feel better about "staying quited" than when I used crutches like patches. Well chuffed about it!

hey i feel the same since i stopped using them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Three days today! Delighted with myself. But I've gone four months before and started again so I'm not going to feel like I've really done it til I'm off them about a year, I think. Good luck to anyone thinking about it.

• Advertisement

Hi Alco! You quit 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 2 minutes & 27 seconds ago. You have *not* smoked 1,155 cigs, saved EUR 502 and added 4.01 days to your life.

:cool:

Advertisement