Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

left wing mirror trouble

• 16-06-2009 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭

Having problems with my outside left wing mirror. If I position it to see clearly alongside the car while driving, ie to see the cycle lane, then I cant see the rear tyre at all on that side for the turnaround and end up hitting the kerb. Not sure what to do?? Tried adjusting the mirror loads and cant get it sorted!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

This is very hard to sort without seeing your car setup.

But ill try to help.

Make sure your seat is in the proper position not to far back not to low.
    Then adjust your mirror so that you can see traffic (way behind) in the top 3rd of the mirror.
    Adjust your mirror so that you can see a little bit of the side of your car and where the cycle lane would be.

Now your mirror is in or around correct, may need a little adjustment, that's up to you.

From here:
    I think your talking about the reverse, well if so:
    observation:
    Look all around, not just the mirrors, and in that left mirror! when your going around the corner you should be able to see the kerb in the left bottom corner of the reflection.

If you cant see the kerb in the left bottom corner of the reflection your to far out!
    If the kerb reflection is in the middle your mirror your to close and may hit the kerb!

As i said "This is very hard to sort without seeing your car setup". but try it and let me know.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭brian076

samsamson wrote: »
    Having problems with my outside left wing mirror. If I position it to see clearly alongside the car while driving, ie to see the cycle lane, then I cant see the rear tyre at all on that side for the turnaround and end up hitting the kerb. Not sure what to do?? Tried adjusting the mirror loads and cant get it sorted!

Your mirror should be adjusted so that you can see about 10% of the car, which is about a thumbs width, and it should reasonably level, ie not pointing towards the ground or the sky, if you could see the horizon, it should be in the centre of the mirror
    You are allowed to adjust your mirror when doing the reverse if you wish, however I wouldn't recommend it as you may rely too much on the mirror when carrying out the manoeuvre, and you may forget to re-adjust it after finishing.

Advertisement