Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone repair shops in letterkenny or even people?

Options
  • 16-06-2009 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

need a screen replaced on a sony erricson w595, i know there used to be a place by charlies cafe but its gone now, can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭weiss

Just Phone Tech i believe was the guy beside Charlies... :)

He actually brought most of his phones to Mobile Medics in Derry.

Screens are not that hard to replace anyway if you have a torq screwdriver and the actual lcd screen for that particular phone, you'd be surprised how easy it is...

Some of the kits for sale on ebay go for about 20-25 euro.

If you want to go the manual route of course, get a reputable seller and DIY.

You could get lucky with a second hand W595 , screen intact from the dealer..even if its water damaged, will still work ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Do phone shops not do that sort of stuff? Be worth taking it to a carphone Warehouse or something & see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

last time i left a phone in with a damaged screen they just sent me a whole new phone really and i lost all my messages (i'm sentimental) so wanna try and avoid that this time!

hmm might give derry a go but wile hassle (no car)

Advertisement