Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

verbatim dvd+r dual layer

• 16-06-2009 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Hey, was wondering does anyone know of a shop in waterford that sells these. I've tried pc world, harvey normans, sony center and a few more without any luck.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

smithy1981 wrote: »
    Hey, was wondering does anyone know of a shop in waterford that sells these. I've tried pc world, harvey normans, sony center and a few more without any luck.
    Argos? They are very expensive though. I tend to get computer stuff from www.ccity.ie rather than locally.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Amazon is worth a look, they often beat CCity when delivery + VAT are included:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=verbatim+dvd%2Br+dual+layer

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Any of these;
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/search.aspx?q=+verbatim+dvd%2Br+dual+layer++

Only shops in Waterford that sell parts like this would be PCWorld I think. Not sure if the smaller IT repair shops sell from the unit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Get em off ebay much much cheaper! Other than that sound store(might) p world deffo have them I got them there before.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

tesco do a +r dvd..... not verbatim amke... but that doesn't make a differecne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

Hey, I have twenty of these (HP) if you want to buy them off me.
    I bought them on eBay thinking my new laptop was going to have a dual-layer drive (it didn't).

Cost me €25 you can have them for a score and you don't have to wait for them to be shipped for Singapore or Hong Kong :)

I will give you my PayPal address if you are interested.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

robtri wrote: »
    tesco do a +r dvd..... not verbatim amke... but that doesn't make a differecne

It actually does make a difference. Some DVD discs are made of a poorer quality and will not work with some DVD writers. I experienced this myself recently with one of our custom builds and on research I found out some interesting things about it. Ill link the article shortly, its on a different PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

It actually does make a difference. Some DVD discs are made of a poorer quality and will not work with some DVD writers. I experienced this myself recently with one of our custom builds and on research I found out some interesting things about it. Ill link the article shortly, its on a different PC.

Same here....Verbatim and Memorex CD/DVDs have given me the best results.
    Get em off ebay much much cheaper! Other than that sound store(might) p world deffo have them I got them there before.

Be careful of buying DVDs on Ebay as some can be broken on arrival and you have no comeback (sender will blame the shipper)!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

Here is a site that might work for you, works out a decent price.

www.nierle.com

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
    Wasn't looking to get them online because i'm an impatient bastard. Tried everywhere in waterford on monday but couldn't find them anywhere. Had to drive to dublin today with work so i got them up there in the end.

• Advertisement

Hey, I have twenty of these (HP) if you want to buy them off me.
    I bought them on eBay thinking my new laptop was going to have a dual-layer drive (it didn't).

Cost me €25 you can have them for a score and you don't have to wait for them to be shipped for Singapore or Hong Kong :)

I will give you my PayPal address if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer but I got them today, and from what i've read the verbatium disks are the best for backing up my games which is why i was specific with the brand. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Sully wrote: »

be very curious to read that... have to say never had an issue with the tesco DVD's.... on any computer or dvd recorder...

Just in case your considering getting more;
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055431735

Sully wrote: »
    Just in case your considering getting more;
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055431735

Thanks but they're not dual layer, which is what i needed.

smithy1981 wrote: »
    Thanks but they're not dual layer, which is what i needed.

My bad!

Advertisement