Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW to re-introduce the bubble car?

• 16-06-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭

Pics below of VW teardrop bubble car, with super economical statistics -

258mpg (0.99l/100km) :eek:
    fuel tank capacity: 1.7 gallons
    full tank range: 404 miles
    Top speed: 74mph

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Are you refering to this: http://vwgazette.blogspot.com/2007/04/volkswagen-revives-plan-for-200-mpg.html

(It's dated in 2007 and suggests the plan was five years old at that stage!)

Paddy

PS Edited to include the picture:
    04160704.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭tc20

thats it Paddy, and thanks for including the pic - i made a monumental balls-up of trying to upload them.
    I didnt know the project was that old either... :o

i'll get me coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

At 290KG I could see a lot of these ending up in the back of a Skanger's Ford Transit in just the same way as no Motorcycle is safe. You'd have to padlock it to a lamp post where ever you left it.
    Might be the perfect automobile solution in Germany or Japan but not here in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

290Kg + 70 mph + big gust of cross wind... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

As goes one of the original bubble cars, the Isetta name is going to come back on a very tiny 'BMW' (built by Fiat and sold as a Topolino by them), either 3 or 4 seats, approx. 100mpg but likely weighing 500-600kg and capable of a decent speed. Going to be a further shunted Panda platform.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

looks like a scud missile with wheels on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Can't wait for the Skoda version with a bigger boot, or the Audi version which is essentially the same but 10k more expensive, or the SEAT version which will come out 5 years after the Audi version and cost the same as the VW one did in the first place.

The number plate al;so seems to read "wobbly"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Yeah, my 3 year old cousin has one himself. It's made by Fisher Price...........

230197965.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Should have stuck with the Audi A2 3L. Made of aluminium, super light, high efficiency 1.2TDi, 100mpg+ without a worry. More room inside than an A3 or Golf and much more exclusive. LHD only though.

Advertisement