Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

console repair sent my xbox back yesterday

• 16-06-2009 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

hey they sent my xbox off yesterday and i live in dublin when will i have it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Hardizone wrote: »
    hey they sent my xbox off yesterday and i live in dublin when will i have it?

5 working days max as far as I remember, you can track it online anyways. On the UPS site there will be a target date of delivery, mine arrived the day before! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

I think the OP meant when will he get his fixed xbox back ???

I too sent mine back yesterday and I think they say between 2 and 3 weeks.

Nightmare.

I really hope they send me a new arcade box with hdmi !

My box was an old core system -2006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

claiva wrote: »
    I really hope they send me a new arcade box with hdmi !

My box was an old core system -2006

I really doubt it. They have LOAADS of old mother boards for refurbishing. Expect a "new" console with old mobo.

I never heard of anyone getting HDMI version for nonHDMI one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

docentore wrote: »
    I really doubt it. They have LOAADS of old mother boards for refurbishing. Expect a "new" console with old mobo.

Yep, that's true - I sent a non-HDMI premium back a few months ago and got back a non-HDMI unit that had a manufacturing date of late 2008 (by then, all retail units were shipping with HDMI) just like Docentore mentioned...

The whole process took around two weeks BTW...

J-blk wrote: »
    Yep, that's true - I sent a non-HDMI premium back a few months ago and got back a non-HDMI unit that had a manufacturing date of late 2008 (by then, all retail units were shipping with HDMI) just like Docentore mentioned...

The whole process took around two weeks BTW...

Fair enough then.......might trade it in for a HDMI arcade then.

BTW - was your Late 2008 replacement machine a Jasper ?
    ie - was the 12v current rating on the back of your xbox 12,1A ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

docentore wrote: »

I sent my non hdmi back in janurary and got a hdmi one back..
    mine also had no warrenty seal on itand it was flashed..
    said they replaced the mobo & cd drive.. also came in looks like a brand new case too...
    so some do get hdmi ones sent as a replacement/refurb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Hardizone

i am talking about the console repair place in bray.
    they have posted it off yesterday i am wondering when i will
    get it back.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ah right, well be more specific..
    He will just send you your old unit back repaired..
    you'll get another 3-4 months out of it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Hardizone wrote: »
    i am talking about the console repair place in bray.
    they have posted it off yesterday i am wondering when i will
    get it back.

I found them quite quick.

Sent a DS to them and collected it off them about a week later.

The guy has a workshop it his shed and I had to go through the house to get to it. It was littered with broken xboxes (or is that xboxen?) so your repair might take him a bit longer.

Ring him and ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

claiva wrote: »
    BTW - was your Late 2008 replacement machine a Jasper ?
    ie - was the 12v current rating on the back of your xbox 12,1A ?

Nope. That wouldn't make sense anyway, since the Jaspers use a different power supply and all you send back to Microsoft is the console. If they send back a Jasper, you'd need a replacement PSU from them too :).

But given that Lenny mentioned he got an HDMI one back, maybe it's all luck of the draw really. I'm guessing the replacement one I got back is simply an older refurbished unit and the late 2008 date is not the actual manufacturing date, but the refurbishment date. In any case, it's still working away and at this stage, I'm outside the 3 year warranty anyway so if it goes, that's the end of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Nope. That wouldn't make sense anyway, since the Jaspers use a different power supply and all you send back to Microsoft is the console. If they send back a Jasper, you'd need a replacement PSU from them too :).

But given that Lenny mentioned he got an HDMI one back, maybe it's all luck of the draw really. I'm guessing the replacement one I got back is simply an older refurbished unit and the late 2008 date is not the actual manufacturing date, but the refurbishment date. In any case, it's still working away and at this stage, I'm outside the 3 year warranty anyway so if it goes, that's the end of it...

Over here the power supply just looks different it doesnt make a difference which power supply you use with your xbox.

And If your Xbox does go get it in smyths they have jaspers

I read that all existing Power supplys would work with new Jasper machines but that new Jasper power supplys would not work with old machines.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

smooch71 wrote: »
    I found them quite quick.

Sent a DS to them and collected it off them about a week later.

The guy has a workshop it his shed and I had to go through the house to get to it. It was littered with broken xboxes (or is that xboxen?) so your repair might take him a bit longer.

Ring him and ask.

We deal with Console repairs ourselves. It used to be crazy going in there with piles of consoles all over the place. :D They've actually moved to a premises on Quinsboro road now.

Advertisement