Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart Pain

• 16-06-2009 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

For the last two days I've been getting a slight Pinching feeling in my chest, close to my heart. It comes and go every 4 or 5 minutes.... and last about 2-3seconds...its rather uncomfortable. I'm a 29 year old male, and being a man I thought it would just pass without seeking Medical advice but nothing has changed since I woke up today. So i've decided to get checked out to be safe. Is there any point in going to my GP for his opinion or should I just go straight to A&E to be seen? Your thoughts please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I would say see your GP first - you will get expert medical attention almost instantly.

If you do need hospital attention, you can then be referred with the benefit of the GP's diagnosis.

Sitting in A&E for several hours may not be a wise first step, especially if you are unwell.

Please - go to your GP now. Best of luck

/thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement