Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

registration fees

• 16-06-2009 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hey everyone i just wanted to know about the reg fees at nuim ? i will be getting the grantbut to my understanding it only covers 865 euros max , and it maynot be approved by september when i have to regista , is they any way around having to pay the feesuntill the grant is paying it ?

and if not any ideas on where i can get the funds to cover me for the period between reg and approval ?

thanks all :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Everyone has to pay the reg fee. But if you'e on the higher form of grant then you get it back, which means that you don't really have to pay in the first place. Didn't pay my 2nd reg fee till febuary, my housemate till march.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Philly Notaro

banquo wrote: »
    Everyone has to pay the reg fee. But if you'e on the higher form of grant then you get it back, which means that you don't really have to pay in the first place. Didn't pay my 2nd reg fee till febuary, my housemate till march.

So u do have to pay the 900 or however much it is yeah??even though u get it back??... im already saving for campus accom n this is gonna fcuk me up big time:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 putikat

I know know this really sucks, i have to get over 3 grand in two months :(, child carecost included ,well will see come this weekend willget more info on the university day .

I also heard that if your grant is approved allyou need is aletter form your local authority stating this and pay the 77 euroand you can register is that true :confused: , help

ahh yeah looked up nuim an the above is true , you must have a letter from your grant provider stating that you are getting one and then you pay 77 student levy which all students must pay , so call your local council get on there mailing list and gather all the info they want for quick decision and save up that 77 euro , happy days :D

Now 77 euro i can deal with:D.. the other 2 grand for accom is a bastard though ha...so u just need the letter sayin ur approved for the grant??:)

• Advertisement

yeah , the letter will do and then you do not have to fork out 1577 euro on the first day , man it was bugging me , hope you have better luck on the accomodation front , some house shares are reasonable but you donot know who you end up with ,cya in september ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

It depends on what county you're in I think. Donegal CC allow you to get the college to invoice them directly so you never actually have to pay the fees yourself.

putikat wrote: »
    yeah , the letter will do and then you do not have to fork out 1577 euro on the first day , man it was bugging me , hope you have better luck on the accomodation front , some house shares are reasonable but you donot know who you end up with ,cya in september ;)

The reg fee is 1500??...yeah i dont mind though id just rather live with other students, same mentality n all that.. well hopefully ha,cya there:D

yeah reg fees are 1500 and 77 euros student levy , but hey will see you there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭xXx-Ginny-xXx

hey guys got grant last year..certain to get one this year but was just wondering what happens with fees when you've to repeat an exam??..only have to repeat one exam from january which i couldnt do(personal reasons)..like i doubt the grant wud be approved until i get the results of the august exam...any info wud be appreciated:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Send you grant form in NOW without the results. That way you won't be delayed in getting the cheque. Even if it's your name in crayon on the back of a Wispa wrapper, send in something.

Advertisement