Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Axa & Axa broker

• 16-06-2009 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,470 ✭✭✭✭

Have I got this right, Axa broker are just brokers working under the axa title and will be selling policies from many insurers just like all other brokers.
    I recently had another group telling me they could sell me an AXA policy the same as my current Axa direct policy cheaper by going through them. When I went to Axa, they said they do not deal with any broker (got very annoyed) and that it would have just been some random policy I was being sold through an axa broker. I later confirmed that this was actually what was happening.
    This seems very dodgy to me. Attempting to sell a different product and trying to disguise it as an axa policy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Axa Broker is an Axa policy sold by brokers.

Axa Direct is an Axa policy sold by Axa direct.

It is the exact same policy but is usually alot cheaper through a broker as brokers buy these policies from Axa in bulk therefore can charge less and can also apply their own broker discounts to the policy.

Nothing dodgy about it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,470 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Are you 100% on that. That is what I always thought but from latest experience, it doesnt seem to be the case. It seems to be that a normal broker through franchise or whatever system becomes an AXA broker but he can still deal with all companies and operate as before and so therefore your axa broker will be selling you a policy from anywhere.

Advertisement