Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mosquitos

Options
  • 16-06-2009 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Sorry if in the wrong thread mods....

Are there currently mosquitos in Ireland (Dublin) with this humid weather?

I'm eaten alive :eek:

Comments

The short answer is yes.
    I'm not an expert on this but I know from foreign friends that know mosquito's well that they are in Ireland.

I've been stung by those yokes since I can remember.
    I don't think they are as disease carrying as they would be in more tropical climes.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

The short answer is yes.
    I'm not an expert on this but I know from foreign friends that know mosquito's well that they are in Ireland.

I've been stung by those yokes since I can remember.
    I don't think they are as disease carrying as they would be in more tropical climes.

Thanks!

Any quick fix to stop the itching?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I use an antihistamine cream call "Anthisan" to stop the itching. Works well for most people and I think I'd be suicidal without it!!

IIRC, there are about 20 species of mosquitoes in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I find "Eurax" cream from the chemist very good to relieve the itching. And I take a Piriton tablet (anti-histamine) to quell the reaction and that helps too.

Advertisement