Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry storm pre pay phone issue

• 16-06-2009 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

Purchased a Storm on adverts. Works fine and all that but seems like im missing a number of things.
    From what ive read there should be an application center icon. Looknig to purchase a sat nav application.
    Its a pre pay fone...locked to vodafone.
    Will vodafone sort the phone out for me if I bring it in to them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

The app store, email and maps applications won't appear unless you're on a Blackberry service plan which is not available on prepay. The browser might not be there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

I have a bb storm on prepay - have no bb browser maps or app centre. I use opera mini and google maps, etc. I don't know of any GPS software available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭LowOdour

rordeb wrote: »
    I have a bb storm on prepay - have no bb browser maps or app centre. I use opera mini and google maps, etc. I don't know of any GPS software available.

I installed google maps at the weekend but each time i launch it it says Network Unavailable. I went to http://www.google.com/mobile/gmm/configure.html but there is no blackberry option. how did you get google maps to work for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

Won't work through vodafone live - you need to change the APN to Vodafone.ie - costs 19c per mb.

Advertisement