Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 broadband cancellation

• 16-06-2009 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Ive finally had enough of them,:mad: jus reading through the t&c for cancellation I have to give them 30 days notice in writing, now do I have to actually sit down and write and old fashioned letter to them or can I just send an email stating my intention and go ahead and cancel my direct debit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

email should do it, but I'd print that off and send it by registered post just to be sure. Make sure to cancel your direct debit in writing to the bank too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Me too, broadband hasn't worked for 3 months, have been paying all the time and now they want to take it off me to see if the modem is broken and cant guarantee I'll get any of the last three months payement back. Thinking of forking out the 55quid cancellation fee and being done with them.
    Bad form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If as you say the service wasn't provided and due to a fault of theirs I'd bluff it and cancel the direct debit and pay them sweet F A. I know that certain cancelation fees do apply but I think they can't be read as stand alone conditions; in my opinion they have to be read as part of a contract by which a service is provided in return for a payment. If as you say the service hasn't been provided why would you pay ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If as you say the service wasn't provided and due to a fault of theirs I'd bluff it and cancel the direct debit and pay them sweet F A. I know that certain cancelation fees do apply but I think they can't be read as stand alone conditions; in my opinion they have to be read as part of a contract by which a service is provided in return for a payment. If as you say the service hasn't been provided why would you pay ?

That's true, but if they pursue you for payment (which they will) then you'll need to be able to back up the claims that it wasn't working. Speed test logs for a sustained period, record of calls to support, etc, will all help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

in my opinion they have to be read as part of a contract by which a service is provided in return for a payment. If as you say the service hasn't been provided why would you pay ?

I was saying this to them and they said they wouldn't guarantee a refund. They want me to now send the modem for repair (to see if its broken) and go through the next 'process' before they'll entertain cutting the contract. Either I pay 55 quid and loose 60 quid already paid from direct debit or I go through the further process (dont know how long that would take) and then still not get a refund (or broadband!).

grrrrrr

• Advertisement
Advertisement