Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pasta Salad Ideas

Options
  • 16-06-2009 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi there

Was at a family do recently and the carters had done this lovely pasta salad served cold.
    I thought this would be a great idea for lunches in this hot weather. The only thing is I have no idea where to start! :confused:
    So, any recipes for a nice and simple pasta salad?

Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Apologies if this thread has been done before, smply point me in the right direction if possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

I like 2 kinds of pasta salad mainly

1- generally pasta spirals cooked and cooled
    Chop finely some red onion, red and yellow peppers, chilli and garlic if you fancy it and stir through the pasta with a couple of dollops of mayo. Not enough to make it gloopy, just enough to give a little moisture. Very simple but really fresh and tasty. Would probably be lovely with some whole cherry tomatos too.

2- Shell pasta, cooked and cooled, a bit of pesto stirred through and then a dollop of creme fraiche to make it more creamy and less greasy. I would also chop through some sun dried tomatoes and torn basil. You can add other things to this if you like, toasted pine nuts, bacon pieces, chorizo etc... whatever you like really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 PinkLady001

Thanks for that. I'm not a huge fan of mayo but a spoon or two might be ok I think. That first one does sound nice. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I cook pasta spirals, cool them with cold water, then add diced tomato, red onion, a dollop of pesto and some olive oil to loosen it a bit. Keep this in a tub and add tuna, chicken, ham or anything you like just before eating.

Advertisement