Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCHSS in UCD

Options
  • 16-06-2009 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Just wondering if many people in UCD were sucessful in the latest round of the IRCHSS and what were the areas that were funded? I have asked around and I haven't hear of anybody so far in either English or History, but that is not to say that nobody from these schools did not get funded. In the past I would usually heard of somebody getting funded.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Just wondering if many people in UCD were sucessful in the latest round of the IRCHSS and what were the areas that were funded? I have asked around and I haven't hear of anybody so far in either English or History, but that is not to say that nobody from these schools did not get funded. In the past I would usually heard of somebody getting funded.

I was funded in Philosophy. All round a harsh year for IRCHSS funding from what I gather. A list gets posted at some point; presumably after contracts are signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭LordOctane2009

They say that they have funded 145 out of 630 but it is very hard to find them in UCD at least. Do mind if I ask what year you are in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

2 guys doing economics got it for there Phd's/ Lot a dissapointment in that department as a lot of people went for it.

Any idea what their topics were?

One was the economic impact of foreign aid. Dont know the other

• Advertisement

A very hot topic at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I've heard af a few people who got it in history, but I'm not sure what their topics are. As mentioned above, seems to have been a difficult year to secure funding.

Yeah it seems to have been really tough to get.

One of the economics guys who got it is meant to be an absolute genius. Thats the level you have to be at.

Advertisement