Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband - anyone having problems?

Options
  • 16-06-2009 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I live in Ballsbridge area of Dublin and every so often the bandwidth just slows down to a crawl. To the point that takes 5-10 minutes for gmail to load.

Appalling.

And you try to ring the 95c a minute line UPC provides, and they want you to do a speed test on magnet. All the while paying 95c a minute!

Not to mention they really didn't fix any problems. Have put a "tag" on my account so someone will look. WTF I say.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

you might get more help in the broadband forum.
    im with them but my speed is fine, the only thing i dont like about them is their prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Yeah i have the same problem. Turned out the digital TV interferes with the broadband router on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Broadband.

dudara

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have they referred you to their third party line over a speed issue? Is this the 1550 number?

They should not be referring you to this line unless it is a pc related issue.

From the UPC website:
    Premium PC Support
    Our Premium PC Support is a new support service designed to help customers resolve computer problems that are not directly related to our broadband service.
    The nature of the Internet and computers means that customers may experience a wide range of problems that prevent them from going online or making the most of their computer. Often these issues are unrelated to the broadband service we provide, for example, problems with Internet viruses, operating systems, home networking, third party hardware like printers and Virus Protection, or other software.
    Premium PC Support offers a quality service with most problems solved quickly and efficiently.

Advertisement