Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So (as the article says), he's turning it into Britain's got Talent - Music Edition then?

I was happy enough with the format as it was myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

yeah sounds a bit stupid, if it ain't broke...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dunno if moving the results show to the next night is a good move either.. people won't tune in in the same numbers (out, watching something else, whatever) as they do with it only being an hour later.

Presumably though this is so they can leave the voting lines open overnight (= more money for Simon) but I can't see it doing the show itself any good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

great now we won't be able to hear the auditions with all the whooping and shouting just like we couldn't hear susan boyles singing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Much funnier when it's only the judges at the audition because it's way worse when they all laugh at someone. They won't try to hold it in as much if there's an audience so there won't be any squirming. 4 Nos from me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Simon Cowell is set to quit X Factor to launch a billion-pound global TV and entertainment empire.

After five years on the hit show, the music mogul has made it clear to friends that the next series will be his last.

Cowell, 49, plans to join Topshop tycoon Sir Philip Green to create and sell TV formats across the world. One of their first targets could be ITV. An insider said: “Nothing is off limits.”

Cowell has made it clear he wants Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Cole, 25, to become the new main face of the show, whose other judges are Dannii Minogue and Louis Walsh.

His £20million golden handcuffs deal with ITV ends in December after the next X Factor run, which starts in August.

ITV bosses, aware of his pulling power, are still desperately hoping to persuade him to stay. His outrageous put-downs have helped turn the show into a ratings winner with up to 15 million viewers.

In the process he has become one of the highest paid TV stars in the world with an estimated £120million fortune.

But insiders say Cowell, who is 50 in October, is reviewing his future. Although he wants to continue doing Britain’s Got Talent, he felt something had to give.

A close friend said: “He has found X Factor increasingly draining and it leaves him little time for serious business. Now he’s decided this will be his last series and he’s moving on. In future, he will have a more overseeing role.”

Cowell is said to be excited over his link-up with Sir Philip.

Insiders say they are planning to launch a huge “one-stop” entertainment company to rival anything the big Hollywood studios can come up with.

They will also create shows, manage stars and exploit the rights to existing TV hits.

Simon has a string of big money deals coming up for renewal with ITV, Sony Music and Fox TV in America. Sir Philip, 57, worth £4billion, will help him negotiate new deals under their umb-rella company.

Insiders say the pair have agreed that “nothing is off limits” and will even look at

snapping up ITV. An industry source said: “This is a very big play by two colourful individuals.

“They are already a fearsome pair individually. Put them together and that’s a tough room.

“Simon is very ambitious and is the creative force. Sir Philip is the one who will bang the table and get the deals done.”

It is rumoured that Cowell may also quit American Idol, the cornerstone of Fox TV’s dwindling fortunes in the US.

He has been in talks with 19 Entertainment, which owns the rights to the show, about a new contract after raking in around £35million last year.

:eek:

Simon Cowell and sexy Cheryl Cole are set for their biggest-ever showdown.

#bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; }

The two judges bagged the best categories and the strongest singers in the new series of X Factor.

And now it is all-out war as they battle to win this year’s contest.

Simon, 49, has won two X Factors since 2004 with Leona Lewis, 24, and Steve Brookstein, 40.

Cheryl, 26, has won one with Alexandra Burke, 20.

She is keen to even the score, even though she only joined the show last year.

HotTV is sworn to secrecy over which category the judges have this year and viewers will only find out midway through the show’s run in October.

After a week-long boot camp, Simon, Cheryl, Louis Walsh, 56, and Dannii Minogue, 37, were told who they would mentor on Sunday – then sparks flew.

Simon called Cheryl and said: “You may as well put your feet up. I have this in the bag.”

But she retorted: “I won’t go down without a fight.”

The category they all wanted is the oldies.

Louis said: “The over-25s are very good.

"One of them could win.”

The show is back on August 22.

Back 22nd August 2009 cant wait :D its a guilty pleasure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 booboobear

I think the old format is better. You can fit in way more weirdos and feel more comfortable laughing at them when there is no live study audience.

- CHERYL COLE HAS HAD A PAY RISE DUE TO HER RAISING THE RATINGS IN SERIES 5.

- THIS YEARS' SERIES WILL COST AROUND £12 MILLION.

- THE AUDITIONS HAVE BEEN HELD IN FRONT OF AN AUDIENCE OF 5OOO.

- THE RESULTS WILL BE SHOWN LIVE ON SUNDAY NIGHTS.

- PERFORMING ON THE LIVE SHOWS INCLUDE :
    MADONNA
    WHITNEY HOUSTON
    RIHANNA
    ROBBIE WILLIAMS
    BEYONCE
    JLS
    ALEXANDRA BURKE (Featuring Diversity)

- THE JUDGES CATEGORIES :

CHERYL COLE - THE BOYS
    SIMON COWELL - THE OVER 25's
    LOUIS WALSH - THE GROUPS
    DANNII MINOUGE - THE GIRLS

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

While I'd probably in favour of the new format - it works very well in the States with Amercan Idol and America's Got Talent - if Simon leaves this year they should end the show. He's the most entertaining of the judges because he doesn't care what people think of him. I wasn't going to watch at all this year, but I probably will to see how the new format works out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Alexandra Burke ft Diversity? As in the BGT winners?! Deadly :D

I KNEW Whitney Houston would be on it!! I've been saying this to everybody but nobody would believe me. I was like - she has to be on it, she's got a new album coming out in September so it makes perfect sense! I'm so glad that I was right, yay!!! Can't wait to see her!

Can't wait for X Factor to start! :D

Oh and Simon Cowell is THE X Factor. If he goes, it would be crap. He's my fav judge, he's amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Cant wait for it to start! Only 2 days to go! Have it on series link ready to go incase I get called away! You know it's nearly christmas when x-factor starts! That's what does it for me!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cant wait for it to start! Only 2 days to go! Have it on series link ready to go incase I get called away! You know it's nearly christmas when x-factor starts! That's what does it for me!:o

It's AUGUST!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

It's on in two days ??
    You've just made my day :D I did not know that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Might give it a whirl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Looking forward to this, the live audience should add a whole new level of comedy to the auditions.

Ha ha jesus I missed this show so much. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

awww I much prefer it with the auditions in the room with just the judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I'd say he hoping for the Susan Boyle factor, some nobody than sings great and the audience goes wild. I perfer the old way

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Oh I dont like the new format! Way better with just the judges and people having to sing WITHOUT the backing music!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

not this one again.....and with her sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Am I the only one who really can't stand this show?

Full of sad people desparately seeking fame , singing middle of the road pop songs of the Westlife/Boyzone genre to four inflated egoes!

Now with this new format they're just giving people even bigger public humilation!

I find it truly awful stuff and it's all about fame and not music/talent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

murpho999 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who really can't stand this show?

Full of sad people desparately seeking fame , singing middle of the road pop songs of the Westlife/Boyzone genre to four inflated egoes!

Now with this new format they're just giving people even bigger public humilation!

I find it truly awful stuff and it's all about fame and not music/talent!

IF you don' t like it don't watch it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

What is the song they just played?

Went something like "......you are my mountain way up high....." or something similar to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

lolli wrote: »
    IF you don' t like it don't watch it :D

A great and unexpected answer!

I generally don't watch but just tuned into the first 20 mins to see new format and it has only confirmed my dislikes of the show and won't be watching it any more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Rocky Balboa 2

Auditions arent as good as they used to be...Small studio is a lot better

Jesus wept for those two "Irish" kids. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

df1985 wrote: »
    not this one again.....and with her sister.
    Some people just cant take rejection first time ,they go back to be humiliated twice -the singing was rank

The two female singers ( wondeful world ) and the biker girl were quite good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Simon - Why are thse two irish kids speaking american ?

were have we heard that before :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Fecking D4's can't believe them saps got through

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement