Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What about Ethan? I think he has the strongest voice of the boys and he looks great. Lloyd is very mediocre, I can see him getting through for the teeny bopper vote. The rest of the boys are forgettable tbh.

Ethan is the opera guy right? Well with Dannii he has a chance for sure, because she's open to that style as she did pick Rhydian in 2007. I think it was Cheryl who doubted Ethan's ability to appeal. He definitely has the best voice out of the boys. Wait scratch that I just saw that you are referring to the American guy. :D :pac: He is good, but I don't know, his voice seems delicate.
    Agreed, this is the weakest category by far. Miss Frank are ok but I don't find them likeable at all, I think it's because of the short girl, there's something about her I really don't like. Also it was like the three of them were trying to showcase how good they were, instead of trying to gel as a group. I'm sure this will be sorted though.

The rapping was a bit out of place for sure, she seems a bit disinterested too, I don't know whether that's because she's not getting on with the other two or what.
    Ugh I cannot STAND Danyl. His first audition was good but he's been pretty average since then and SO annoying. I really don't want him to get through to the live shows, but of course he will, as he has got so much worldwide publicity and Simon will know that that will increase the popularity of the show. I would like to see any of the other 5 in the final. Olly has a great voice, similar to Will Young. Jamie Affro is entertaining and I LOVE Daniel. Really like the girls too. Tough one!!

I do think out of the Afro and Johnson that Afro is probably the one with the better ability. Ha maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Daniel, it must be the mohawk. :p
    Agreed here. Rachel and Lucie are amazing, Lucie especially. She has such a mature, controlled voice. Stacey is a bit "meh" but still talented.

Outside of Lucie I don't think any of them are that outstanding. Stacey seems to have a nice personality so that should seperate her from the rest and get her into the live finals.
    I actually think it's quite good this year! Any of the over 25s alone could win the show!

The over 25's definitely has the most balanced amount of potential winners. I just think that in all the other categories only one each really stands out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

John and Edward's audition was unbearable to watch, not to mention immediately after why they bumped into your one they sang over in the corridor and just stopped dead. "Nice timing, guys" Oh God :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yenraek

I agree about those terrible twins. They have to be the most irritating duo I have ever come across. Too much to say!! They sound like they were spoiled all their lives with everyone doting on every word that came out of their gobs...just because they are twins. No wonder they still behave like they are 5 years old dancing and singing at their own party!! Get rid of them.

Louis could have picked a better act if he wanted to stir controversy but he picked a dud pair this time. Shame on him. The whole show is one big act. Same staged carry on each year from the facial expressions to the false concerns of Cheryl. Danni is probably the only real one in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Guess im one of the only people that likes the twins :pac:
    they Wouldnt win the show but id like to see what they'd have up their sleeves for the live shows :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

really like stacey i have to say, her audition was very chilled out, nice to listen to, not like the usual screamers doing mariah carey etc. she picks songs that suit her.norah jones-esque.

she seems very sweet and genuine too.when everyone else goes on like theyll die if they dont go through and spills out the sob stories (danyl anyone? ffs stop crying!!), she is honest enough to say "theres always asda." good on her!

• Advertisement

Sinitta has accused Dannii Minogue of "dirty tricks" after the X Factor judge got her pop superstar sister Kylie to help her in the judges' homes segment of this year's show.

The 'So Macho' singer told London Lite that Kylie's involvement in the show would give Dannii's acts an unfair advantage in the competition.

Sinitta said: "Hasn't Dannii played dirty tricks by bringing Kylie on?

"Everyone thought there might be a chance that she would, but she never said a word until the last moment to any of the judges. Everyone is so in awe of Kylie, this will definitely work in her favour."

Fellow judge Cheryl Cole will have singer Will Young assisting her in the next phase of the reality talent contest, while Louis Walsh is rumoured to be filming with supermodel Kate Moss.

Sinitta herself is believed to be helping show boss and former partner Simon Cowell pick his three acts from the six over-25s still in the competition.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a179944/sinitta-accuses-dannii-of-dirty-tricks.html

This is disgraceful, Sinitta and her trusty golden bikini are being upstaged by a genuine superstar. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Have the final 12 been announced yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

In the clip for next weeks show, that kid Joe is balling his head off, guess he's going home and I think it's a shame 'cos he's got the pipes and the look to do it, get to the finals at least. We'll see though. the groups are all terrible it has to be said. It'll be a girl winner this year I reckon.

They all bawl their eyes out when it gets to that stage in the competition, win or lose. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yenraek

I think the final 12 will be announced this weekend after they've visited the judge's homes for the final roundup of auditions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭f3qh5g0z6vc7ob

I got a spoiler hidden in an email!!! It has ruined the whole thing for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

whats the spoiler? i can live with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭f3qh5g0z6vc7ob

whats the spoiler? i can live with it.

its just the list with the top 12!!! TBH you can more than likely guess who gets true there is a few surprises

Sinitta, jebus. And I thought the gold bikini was bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Please, please Ronan do Ireland a favour and make louis boot these douche bags out.

I really hope that was just the editing and he wasn't suggesting he's putting them through!

is louis walsh the only person who likes them two gimps.push them in the lake dermot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Please, please Ronan do Ireland a favour and make louis boot these douche bags out.
    How they even got this far is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

They can't sing. They're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Who sings that tune for the show? "Neon rainbow"?

Ok. I think I found it... The Box Tops: Neon Rainbow

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

i have heard that the twits from Ireland make it to the live show!

like wtf?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Walsh wrote: »
    They can't sing. They're gone.
    If they're not, I don't know who's the bigger joke, them or Louis.

They're powering through the X Factor stock songs here, just waiting for Hero...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

i love him he is soooo good !

wonder what the xfactor finalists song will be this year?!

las t year hero.......

whered the 3 backing girls come out of!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

My house

• Registered Users Posts: 45,850 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

df1985 wrote: »

Yeah - seemed really odd.

df1985 wrote: »

hahaha didnt even notice them!

CRAIG07 wrote: »
    i love him he is soooo good !

Olly or Daniel? I love Olly, I cannot help it. And the three backing singers look a bit random...

• Advertisement

Thought that girl who sang just before the ads was fantastic. Unfortunately I missed the boys, but so far Miss Frank and that woman from the over 25's have impressed me most.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement