Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Id have danyl and lloyd in the bottom 2.

And, Im not being smart. I found them very entertaining and they are getting better each week. And, of course, I'm a big fan :).

I agree about Danyl and Lloyd in the bottom 2, and I'm not a fan of J&E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Niall09 wrote: »
    Order in which I'd put them in tonight is:

1. Olly
    2. Joe
    3. Jamie
    4. Lucie
    5. Stacey
    6. Danyl
    7. Rachel
    8. Jedward
    9. Lloyd

:confused: How on earth could you put anyone below Danyl tonight?! And particularly Rachel!

I liked Joe, Lucie, Stacey and Rachel tonight. John and Edward were deadly too, best I've seen them so far. Jamie didn't blow me away, I still don't see what other people see in Olly at all. Danyl was just a whole new level of awfulness, if he's not gone tomorrow it's a total joke. And Lloyd, while a complete sweetie as always, just can't sing!

I'm predicting Danyl and Jamie for bottom two tomorrow night, Danyl to be kicked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yenraek

Surprising myself I found that the one I really liked tonight was Ollie. He did the business with his song and at least he moved and put some action into it and made it sound like a rock song! :)

Disappointed with Jamie considering it was 'his week'. He just didn't do what I expected from him.:mad:

Worst one tonight for me was Danyl.:(

Twins were just as amusing as ever.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Danyl was terrible at the beginning when he started singing I was like what is going on here at all.

Jamie was nothing like what I expected him to be, he was way below what I thought he would be considering that this was supposedly "his week".

Lloyd wasn't great either but it wasn't really a great song choice(no offence to Chreyl).

John and Edward were the best I've seen them so far, not that that's saying a lot but still, and while they were preforming the camera cut to Simon and at one point he actually looked like he was enjoying it!No wonder they looked like they didn't know what they were doing, they missed a whole day because they thought they had swine flu.

I didn't like Stacey either, call that dancing!, she just got up and walked forward!I didn't like her singing that song either and it is one of my favourites, I didn't like her singing the scientist in week one either but that's another one of my favourites.

I liked whoever I havent already mentioned and I think that Lloyd and Danyl should be in the botton two.I want to know what Lloyd would sing in the bottom two and thought I was going to find out last week, but what do you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

1. Olly
    2. Joe
    3. Jamie
    4. Lucie
    5. Stacey
    6. Danyl
    7. Rachel
    8. Jedward
    9. Lloyd
    I'd put them in the same order as you except i would swap Stacey with Olly.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Olly is such a class act, he seems to be the only act that is actually growing with confidence in each show...at this point I would like Olly to win, he seems to have that likability factor that Leon Jackson had but he's way more versatile and he is very good looking (I am a hetro male but Im comfortable with my sexuality so I dont mind saying, and my GF was drooling over the tv when he sang :o )

I'm so so disappointed with Jamie, Every week Im sitting there saying, "ok buddy, have at it this week and bring the house down" but it just does not happen. I really think he should have sang 'Sex On Fire' again to remind people of what he is capable of.

The sooner Danyl goes the better, his puppy dog behavior was cringe worthy...I just wanted to slap him.

Joe - good (bad song for him)
    Lucy - not great
    Stacy - bad
    Llyod - terrible
    Rachael - ok

Twins - well it is all fun and games but there was a good remark made by Holly, Michelle McManus syndrone...nobody will buy their 'music' should they win.

Not a great night all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

I hope danyl gets through cos he has obviously lost his confidence he is the best singer there imo
    lyolld and the twits sorry twins for the bottom
    wasnt impressed with lucy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

1. Olly
    2. Joe
    3. Jamie
    4. Lucie
    5. Stacey
    6. Danyl
    7. Rachel
    8. Jedward
    9. Lloyd
    i would agree with order only i swap lucy and rachel but put lucy before danyl

olly
    jamie
    joe
    rachel
    stacey
    lucy
    danyl
    jedward
    lloyd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭musicfan

Here's what I thought....

1. Jedward - brilliant enternainment & great perfomance - can't sing but hope they don't get kicked off tonight:)

2. Jamie - very good (at least he did a rock song - not like some other acts) at least he's a bit different from the other performances.

3. Joe - not a bad performance overall - was better than I expected!!

4. Ollie - OK performance, but there is something creepy about him - can't see him selling loads of albums if he wins.....

5. Rachel - not particulary amazing performance but better than the others listed below - didn't like the hair or the dress!

6. Lloyd - keep him in if only for his looks! He is soooo cute!!! Not great vocally but hey.......

7. Lucie - don't like her but marginally less annoying than Danyl / Stacey - looked very uncomfortable esp when she went into the crowd.

8. Danyl / Stacy - can't make up my mind which I hated the most - can both be kicked off tonight please!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Who should be in the last two? Danyl and Lloyd.

Danyl looked at times like a schoolboy caught out, and told to stand in the corner, sulking when he was on stage. I suspect he was overacting for a sympathy vote. He sure was acting strange and weird. Before someone says its because of the bad press, the twins (who are much younger!) get worse press for weeks longer and as they said last night, they just take it on the chin and get on with the job - now to me THAT spells the RIGHT behaviour and attitude I want to see from a winner! Be it them or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

musicfan wrote: »
    Here's what I thought....

1. Jedward - brilliant enternainment & great perfomance - can't sing but hope they don't get kicked off tonight:)

2. Jamie - very good (at least he did a rock song - not like some other acts) at least he's a bit different from the other performances.

3. Joe - not a bad performance overall - was better than I expected!!

4. Ollie - OK performance, but there is something creepy about him - can't see him selling loads of albums if he wins.....

5. Rachel - not particulary amazing performance but better than the others listed below - didn't like the hair or the dress!

6. Lloyd - keep him in if only for his looks! He is soooo cute!!! Not great vocally but hey.......

7. Lucie - don't like her but marginally less annoying than Danyl / Stacey - looked very uncomfortable esp when she went into the crowd.

8. Danyl / Stacy - can't make up my mind which I hated the most - can both be kicked off tonight please!!
    im sorry but you should change ur name to entertainment fan. cos thats what hte twins are. BAD ENTERTAINMENT. giving our country a bad name. they must think we are all twats over here.

JEDWARD - CRAP

JAMIE- GOOD

JOE- SUITED HIS VOICE BETTER THAN I EXPECTED

OLLIE- GOOD

RACHEL- GOOD SINGER BUT I DONT LIKE HER. SHES FAKE

LLOYD- BRUTAL. CANT EVEN BELIEVE HE GOT TO BOOT CAMP

LUCIE- GOOD , EVEN THOUGH THAT MUSIC DOESNT REALLY SUIT HER VOICE.

DANYL- UNBELIEVEABLE VOICE EVEN IF HE DID SING OUT OF KEY FOR THE FIRST VERSE. ID PUT IT DOWN TO NERVES AND IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN. DANNII AND CHERYL DONT LIKE HIM COS THEY SEE HIM AS A THREAT.

STACEY- BRILLIANT RAW TALENT. HOPE SHE GETS TO THE FINAL. VERY BUBBLY PERSONALITY AND A KILLER VOICE.

AND THATS FROM A REAL MUSIC FAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

joeduggan wrote: »

Yes cus the X-factor is all about the music :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Real Music Fans write in capitals all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

The x-factor has never been just about the music, it needs the likes of john and edward in it. How many of the Winners can you remember, very few for me!
    And at the end of it, there is nothing to say the winner will go on to great things, but i do think john and edward are going to be on our screens long after the x-factor.
    They are not giving us a bad name, they are two very resilient young boys that have took alot on the chin, and come back fighting every week, i for one am proud of the way they are!

joes girls wrote: »
    The x-factor has never been just about the music, it needs the likes of john and edward in it. How many of the Winners can you remember, very few for me!
    And at the end of it, there is nothing to say the winner will go on to great things, but i do think john and edward are going to be on our screens long after the x-factor.
    They are not giving us a bad name, they are two very resilient young boys that have took alot on the chin, and come back fighting every week, i for one am proud of the way they are!

Nothing to be proud of, they are a novelty and a joke, they have zero longevity (as singers). I'd say they will be around for years but in all probability they'll end up presenting PlayTV a few months after X-Factor ends.

Winners were Steve (Brooksomething), Shane Ward, Leon, Leona and Alexandra....Leona and Shane the only successes, questionable in Shanes instance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I think Danyl made a big mistake coming out all moody and stroppy for his performance last night.
    I was a big fan of his til last night. He looked like he just wanted to go home and came across as a bit of an ejit.

What was Cheryl wearing?!!

Well SoupyNorman that is your opinion, which is your right.
    But if you hate them so much why watch?
    I would love to think that my teenager will be able to take the knocks that them two have, i find them two very polite boys, they are only doing what we all done with a hair brush, and so what, they are not the best singers but they put a smile on my face every time i see them, so how bad is that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Nothing to be proud of, they are a novelty and a joke, they have zero longevity (as singers). I'd say they will be around for years but in all probability they'll end up presenting PlayTV a few months after X-Factor ends.

Winners were Steve (Brooksomething), Shane Ward, Leon, Leona and Alexandra....Leona and Shane the only successes, questionable in Shanes instance?

Thiink your wrong there Bud, even if the lads get kicked out tonight they have a load of companies looking to use them in advertising, one is a UK mobile phone operator, a major Pizza chain and an uk travel company and these are million pound deals, so knock them if you want but they will be ones making the money after the x-factor finishes :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

its only a show :rolleyes:.
    And i seriously dont get how you dont find them entertaining :D.

joes girls wrote: »
    Well SoupyNorman that is your opinion, which is your right.
    But if you hate them so much why watch?
    I would love to think that my teenager will be able to take the knocks that them two have, i find them two very polite boys, they are only doing what we all done with a hair brush, and so what, they are not the best singers but they put a smile on my face every time i see them, so how bad is that!

Show me where I said I hate them? :confused: ? Quite the contrary, I look forward to their performance every week...with a kind of morbid fascination, and I bet the smile on my face is bigger then the smile on yours.

In fairness, you're coming out with all the populist media driven drippings 'i.e. ohhh they got an awful time in d'meeja but wait, people(10 million teenagers) are voting them in so now they are deserved of a place.' The papers are now doing a U-turn now as the public are swaying in behind the two boyos.

It's a crying shame though because as I said before, they will not last pi$$ing time after the X-Factor, people get so caught up in the heat of the series that they dont spare a thought to what happens when it is all over. You're comment "not great singers" is also a little limp...they cannot sing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

Jedward for Ireland's Eurovision entry!!!!!!!!! Join my group!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=165921618269&ref=ts

*I was cool once...*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

panda100 wrote: »

What was Cheryl wearing?!!

It looked like a couple of those foil trays that you find cakes and tarts in. Pun intended :P

Thiink your wrong there Bud, even if the lads get kicked out tonight they have a load of companies looking to use them in advertising, one is a UK mobile phone operator, a major Pizza chain and an uk travel company and these are million pound deals, so knock them if you want but they will be ones making the money after the x-factor finishes :cool:

Let me be clear, I'm not actively hoping they fail. They key word I used in the post you quoted was 'Longevity'...all reality TV participants inevitably end up in some sort of endorsement, while they are 'hot'. In the majority of cases thats the last stop before they are thrown out the back of the train.

IMO, they are being set-up for the below scenario...

'John And Edward:

Since coming 3rd runner up on The X-Factor 2009 John and Edward had brief appearances on multiple chat shows, they signed a record deal but were dropped after poor sales, things improved when they got offered a multi-million pound contract to be the new faces of xxxxxxx moblie phone company, the contract was not renewed. Now they are on the club appearance circuit and can be seen presenting a late-night call in quiz show on TV3, Louis Walsh does not return their calls'

• Registered Users Posts: 43,874 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To be fair, I agree wholeheartedly with SP.. and I think the majority of people do.

The lads are very entertaining and I hope they go far in the competition (just for their cringey performances) but that's it.. they'll be long forgotten after The X Factor ends.
    And...?

UK advertisers hop on the next big thing every week.. it doesn't mean their advertisements won't feature for a matter of weeks, and then be pulled.

Remember this guy? Now what's he done recently..?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Just a few news bits

• Bon Jovi and JLS are performing in the results show tonight - think there is a group performance as well
    • Leona and the Black Eyed Peas will be performing in next weeks results show
    • Shakira has been confirmed for the week after - 15th November

And the charity single for this years X Factor finalists is a version of Michael Jackson's You Are Not Alone. Last years single Hero raised over £1 million for Help For Heroes. This year the money raised will go the Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity. The single will be performed on the 15th and available to download then and available to physically buy on the 16th

Show me where I said I hate them? :confused: ? Quite the contrary, I look forward to their performance every week...with a kind of morbid fascination, and I bet the smile on my face is bigger then the smile on yours.

In fairness, you're coming out with all the populist media driven drippings 'i.e. ohhh they got an awful time in d'meeja but wait, people(10 million teenagers) are voting them in so now they are deserved of a place.' The papers are now doing a U-turn now as the public are swaying in behind the two boyos.

It's a crying shame though because as I said before, they will not last pi$$ing time after the X-Factor, people get so caught up in the heat of the series that they dont spare a thought to what happens when it is all over. You're comment "not great singers" is also a little limp...they cannot sing at all.

Sorry to have said you hate them, if its not the case.
    To be honest i dont ever read the papers, i only go on what is said in the show, and what i have seen on boards.
    As far as they can not sing, they do it better than me, and its the show they put on that i like, and the way they dont break down with every bad word said to them.And i still do think they will do well after the show.

Shakira has been confirmed for the week after - 15th November

It hasn't happened me for years but when I seen Shakiras new vid I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. For the first time this series there'll be a hotter girl then Cheryl in the studio.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I think if your meant to vote for who you most want to see next week John and Edward have to be up there. Okay vocals are terrible but I think they're improving. I was listening to Rock Dj comparing and I thnk last night was loads better. Im convinced though at one stage (around the middle) they got the timing wrong and mucked a line... Will youtube it.

deise_girl wrote: »
    I think if your meant to vote for who you most want to see next week John and Edward have to be up there. Okay vocals are terrible but I think they're improving. I was listening to Rock Dj comparing and I thnk last night was loads better. Im convinced though at one stage (around the middle) they got the timing wrong and mucked a line... Will youtube it.

Yeah, just before the second chorus I think, they mistimed coming into the chorus, just repeated the same line twice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsUdK4BuaYw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have to say, the twins are really impressing me, and ith all the stick and hassle they are getting, it really shows the character they have.

They come across to me as the only real act that are there for the craic. enjoyment and success. They really do put on an act and IMO, are the most entertaining of the bunch. The X factor is more than just singing.

They aren't great singers, but nor are they crap.

I think it is a disgrace that Brian Friedman came out last night slating them.

I can understand the judges being critical, but for him to be so critical of an act he is working with and helping is bad form. He, like Yvie and Dermot and Holly should be impartial here and not be criticising. He of the four is the one
    letting himself down

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement