Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

musicfan wrote: »
    Here's what I thought....

1. Jedward - brilliant enternainment & great perfomance - can't sing but hope they don't get kicked off tonight:)

2. Jamie - very good (at least he did a rock song - not like some other acts) at least he's a bit different from the other performances.

3. Joe - not a bad performance overall - was better than I expected!!

4. Ollie - OK performance, but there is something creepy about him - can't see him selling loads of albums if he wins.....

5. Rachel - not particulary amazing performance but better than the others listed below - didn't like the hair or the dress!

6. Lloyd - keep him in if only for his looks! He is soooo cute!!! Not great vocally but hey.......

7. Lucie - don't like her but marginally less annoying than Danyl / Stacey - looked very uncomfortable esp when she went into the crowd.

8. Danyl / Stacy - can't make up my mind which I hated the most - can both be kicked off tonight please!!

Have to agree about Danyl. He isn't really a singer, can stage perform no doubt, but not a great melodic or versatile singer.

The twins aren't great at singing, but not brutal either. For overall X factr and performance, they were tops last night

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I missed that what did Brian say??
    But he's been unhappy the last few years about no having more say in things. He was a judge for a week or two of audtions before IIRC

But I agree Dermot, Holly and the background team should be impartial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm only catching this now, good god was Danyl dirt. Criminally out of tune for most of song FFS!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I thought Joe was excellent. Easily the best. I don't know where all this fondess for Jamie came from - it was rock week, a week that suited him perfectly, and he gave an average performance.

Danyl was terrible. He got bad press - get over it ffs. His sad eyes on stage makes him look like a dog that wants to get kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

panda100 wrote: »
    I think Danyl made a big mistake coming out all moody and stroppy for his performance last night.
    I was a big fan of his til last night. He looked like he just wanted to go home and came across as a bit of an ejit.

What was Cheryl wearing?!!

It was terrible, wasn't it? Trying to plaster "fashion" all over a woman as naturally atractive as CC is a disastrous decision. Stick her in old jeans and a t-shirt and she would look fifty times better.

Was Danyl's lousy singing part of his attempt to redeem himself - I'm so upset I can't find the right key - or was he genuinely that bad? I had thought he was the best singer on the show, but last night was a shocker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Why was Dermot being such a penis to Louis all night, he kept saying something a bit cock-knockery and Louis was cut off without getting a chance to reply.

He's getting a bit overly pally with some of the contestants, he was verbally humping Lloyd.

State of Cheryl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Lloyd..pretty terrible this week, but Danyl needs to go. Awful altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

lol @ Lloyd, what were you thinking Cheryl? Thanks for the laugh though. :D

deise_girl wrote: »
    I missed that what did Brian say??
    But he's been unhappy the last few years about no having more say in things. He was a judge for a week or two of audtions before IIRC

But I agree Dermot, Holly and the background team should be impartial.

Basically that they do not deserve to win and it's like the gates of hell listening to them. The twins deserve as much as any of the others, and more than most, if not all. He shouldn't be so vocal in trying to sway the public. The judgs are there for thgis, and he is just there to help the acts an work with them. He singled the twins out, and nobody else. That stinks.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Was Danyl's lousy singing part of his attempt to redeem himself - I'm so upset I can't find the right key - or was he genuinely that bad? I had thought he was the best singer on the show, but last night was a shocker.

He said in the Xtra Factor that he couldn't hear the music properly after his intro last night.

• Advertisement

It was terrible, wasn't it? Trying to plaster "fashion" all over a woman as naturally atractive as CC is a disastrous decision. Stick her in old jeans and a t-shirt and she would look fifty times better.

Danyl gets found out when melodic tunes are selected. The tune last night required a real versatile and angelic voice. Danyl is more a power singer who can get away with it when he shouts and belts out lyrics. He hasn't the vocal range or melodic tone to carry off many delicate and sensitive tracks.
    Folks I think are being tricked a little with him, due to the power ballads.
    He is a good singer, but not a naturl singer with range

walshb wrote: »
    I think it is a disgrace that Brian Friedman came out last night slating them.

I completely agree. He bragged about giving them a difficult move which they might make a mess of, as if we were supposed to applaud him for sending them up. It's not his job to make fun of his charges, and it started to smack a little of bullying when he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Jedward - :D

Jamie - Yawn... I didn't like his "It's not rocket science" crack either.

Joe - He was better then I thought he'd be but he's stil lreally dull

Olly - I like Olly, he seems like a good guy. I think he was one of the better ones last night, still nothing great.

Rachel - She winked! Eww! Anyway I didn't like her last night, bad song choice imo.

Lloyd - GAAAH! Get rid of him! He's awful! Jedward actually sing better then Lloyd, but nobody ever mentions this...

Lucie - Not memorable at all, ever.

Danyl - bland, same old same old performance.

Stacey - Am I missing something with this girl? She is nothing special, and she's SO irritating when she speaks!

And Dermot is really pissing me off lately, what's with the picking on Louis all the time?
    Cheryl is an idiot as usual, I think Simon may be losing his marbles and Louis reads the NME :pac:

Danyl is more a power singer who can get away with it when he shouts and belts out lyrics. He hasn't the vocal range or melodic tone to carry off many delicate and sensitive tracks.

Interesting. His one good moment last night was certainly when the tune soared up and allowed him to belt it out.

It's strange, though. He can hit notes when he is at top volume, when most people go astray, but he wobbles all over the place at normal volume. Is that a normal thing for singers? It sounds to me like he needs a little more training, but I don't know much about it.

phasers wrote: »
    Stacey - Am I missing something with this girl? She is nothing special, and she's SO irritating when she speaks!

I thought she was pretty stunning last night. She sang very well, without any acrobatic vocal stunt-work, and she is genuinely modest in interview. How rare is it to have one of the contestants say "I don't really know what I'm doing"?

I don't know if she'll get a career out of this, but at the moment she is the only person I would vote for over Jedward. Olly is Butlins, and his exaggerated gratitude to the judges is creepy. Stop fanning your face and feeling your heart, you big swoony clown.

The rest of them are bland enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

ollly , joe , stacy , lucie , top 4 ....
    jedward are pathetic

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I thought she was pretty stunning last night. She sang very well, without any acrobatic vocal stunt-work, and she is genuinely modest in interview. How rare is it to have one of the contestants say "I don't really know what I'm doing"?

Yeah, I remember her saying that, and that she was learning loads as she progressed. I'd love to see her do well out of it, she is one of my favourites!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

basquille wrote: »
    To be fair, I agree wholeheartedly with SP.. and I think the majority of people do.

The lads are very entertaining and I hope they go far in the competition (just for their cringey performances) but that's it.. they'll be long forgotten after The X Factor ends.

And...?

UK advertisers hop on the next big thing every week.. it doesn't mean their advertisements won't feature for a matter of weeks, and then be pulled.

Doesn't matter what I'm saying is if they do get a couple of million euro deals to promote a couple of products and they do fade into the background at least they will be set up for life, if they are careful with the money they make, so more power to them, they could be Irelands answer to Ant & Dec :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Just watched the repeat there. My thoughts:

Joe - Alright. I've never got the big hype about him. I'm a bit biased though because I bloody hate that Journey song.

Lucie - Considering how hard that song is, she did a pretty good job. I still think she's the weakest of the three girls though.

Danyl - Completely lost his spark. Very poor performance, and he looked miserable throughout. He didn't deserve to be in the bottom 2 last week but if he's there this week, he only has himself to blame.

Lloyd - Bizarre song choice, vocal was flat as usual. It's hard not to like him because he seems like such a nice guy but he doesn't deserve to stay in any longer.

Stacey - Did the best she could. Should have been given a bigger song.

Jamie - I like him but I think he could be in trouble tonight.

Rachel - Way better than I expected. She has a fantastic voice, it's a shame she's just not that likeable.

Jedward - Not as horrendous as last week! They didn't really have to sing, they just had to shout so they got away with it.

Olly - Not brilliant, but still quite good.

Overall, disappointing show. The bottom 2 should be two out of Lloyd, Danyl and the twins, but Jamie and possibly Rachel could be in trouble too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

ztoical wrote: »
    Yes cus the X-factor is all about the music :rolleyes:
    well i didnt say it was all about the music. but obviously , anyone with half an ear can see that , at least, jedward cant sing, if nothing else.

• Advertisement

asdasd wrote: »
    Real Music Fans write in capitals all the time?
    sorry. i dont get what ur on about there? what does a real music fan and capital letters got to do with anything???

joeduggan wrote: »
    well i didnt say it was all about the music. but obviously , anyone with half an ear can see that , at least, jedward cant sing, if nothing else.
    Neither can Lloyd though, why does nobody mention that Lloyd can't sing?

Everybody just picks on Jedward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

2 thoughts on last nights show :

* what the heck was Cheryl wearing - she looked ridiculous
    * Danyl totally overdoing the doe eyed rabbit last night - sooooooo looking for sympathy !

Have to agree about Danyl. He isn't really a singer, can stage perform no doubt, but not a great melodic or versatile singer.

The twins aren't great at singing, but not brutal either. For overall X factr and performance, they were tops last night
    thanks for that. you made me laugh when i was reading that. obviously , u are tone deaf, if you cant hear that danyl is the best singer in the whole competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

thanks for that. you made me laugh when i was reading that. obviously , u are tone deaf, if you cant hear that danyl is the best singer in the whole competition.

in fairness, danyl is a good singer but he does the exact same thing every week!!
    And dont be getting all serious, its only a show at the end of the day :rolleyes:

Danyl just shouts and swallows the microphone. His songs have no emotion, no melody and no style.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Glad to see you managed to find the cap locks button. You seemed to think your opinion of last nights show was more valid because it was from "FROM A REAL MUSIC FAN" which would imply you think it's about the music and frankly anyone whose a "music fan" wouldn't waste their time with a show like the x-factor.

phasers wrote: »
    Neither can Lloyd though, why does nobody mention that Lloyd can't sing?

Everybody just picks on Jedward.
    i agree lloyd cant sing either. dont know how he even got to boot camp.

ztoical wrote: »
    Glad to see you managed to find the cap locks button. You seemed to think your opinion of last nights show was more valid because it was from "FROM A REAL MUSIC FAN" which would imply you think it's about the music and frankly anyone whose a "music fan" wouldn't waste their time with a show like the x-factor.
    define a real music fan????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

define a real music fan????

You're the one who said it. What do you think?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement