Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

phasers wrote: »
    Jedward - :D

Jamie - Yawn... I didn't like his "It's not rocket science" crack either.

Joe - He was better then I thought he'd be but he's stil lreally dull

Olly - I like Olly, he seems like a good guy. I think he was one of the better ones last night, still nothing great.

Rachel - She winked! Eww! Anyway I didn't like her last night, bad song choice imo.

Lloyd - GAAAH! Get rid of him! He's awful! Jedward actually sing better then Lloyd, but nobody ever mentions this...

Lucie - Not memorable at all, ever.

Danyl - bland, same old same old performance.

Stacey - Am I missing something with this girl? She is nothing special, and she's SO irritating when she speaks!

And Dermot is really pissing me off lately, what's with the picking on Louis all the time?
    Cheryl is an idiot as usual, I think Simon may be losing his marbles and Louis reads the NME :pac:

Ive only just found this thread and read thru the last few pages, but this posting really stood out to me. Its not a question of agreeing/disagreeing with any of the points, its more the fact that you have slammed every aspect of the show, from the contestants to the host to the judges.... *why* do you watch it?! :p

If a show was to piss me off, irritate me or my rating of it could be found somewhere between really sh!t and yawn, I wouldnt be tuning in again! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

joeduggan wrote: »
    define a real music fan????

According to your own post your a "real music fan" so why do you need me to define it for you? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

swirlser wrote: »

If a show was to piss me off, irritate me or my rating of it could be found somewhere between really sh!t and yawn, I wouldnt be tuning in again! :confused:
    I watch so I can post in this thread :pac:

I enjoy watching the X factor, it's a nice way to pass an hour. Criticism is one of my favourite pastimes.

I watch so I can post in this thread :pac:

I enjoy watching the X factor, it's a nice way to pass an hour. Criticism is one of my favourite pastimes.

Fair enough I guess :p But I must say we have different opinions of what enjoyment is in that case XD

I like to criticise too, I dislike/hate some of the contestants, but I do at least like some of them! Aw well, each to their own...

swirlser wrote: »
    Fair enough I guess :p But I must say we have different opinions of what enjoyment is in that case XD
    If everybody liked the same things the world would be a very boring place.

Anyway, I love Jedward! And Olly is improving every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Danyl just shouts and swallows the microphone. His songs have no emotion, no melody and no style.

Yeah Diana was so annoying yet again tonight, singing through her nose and that little pip squeak Eoghan Quigg...oh wait, wrong year...damns. :o

Boo Danyl.

Yeah Diana was so annoying yet again tonight, singing through her nose and that little pip squeak Eoghan Quigg...oh wait, wrong year...damns. :o

I hated Diana so much last year :mad:

If everybody liked the same things the world would be a very boring place.

Anyway, I love Jedward! And Olly is improving every week.

(ok Ill stop quoting you now.... lol)

Yes absolutely if everyone liked the same thing the world would be boring - thats so obvious its almost redundant.

And I didnt pick up on you liking Jedward!! I thought the smiley was you laughing at them (Funny how my mind picked that as the correction interpretation without even questioning it :p). I missed "I like Olly" (kinda got lost in the massive ball of negativity ><) - so I take it back, there was a shred of positivity in there after all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

define a real music fan????

Someone who posts in ALL CAPITALS? You seem to have lost your mojo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I'm always so jittery on a Sunday coz of these results!! I much preferd finding out on a Saturday night.
    I think the most likely acts to be in the bottom 2 tonight are; John and Edward, Danyl, Rachel and Jamie. I think they have the most chance if I had it my way Jamie and Rachel please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I hated Diana so much last year :mad:

Little Diana from Blackburn?
    What a complete toolbox.

The Andrea Corr esq bullshit she did with her hands made want to reach through the tv and punch her in the crotch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

joeduggan wrote: »
    im sorry but you should change ur name to entertainment fan. cos thats what hte twins are. BAD ENTERTAINMENT. giving our country a bad name. they must think we are all twats over here.

JEDWARD - CRAP

JAMIE- GOOD

JOE- SUITED HIS VOICE BETTER THAN I EXPECTED

OLLIE- GOOD

RACHEL- GOOD SINGER BUT I DONT LIKE HER. SHES FAKE

LLOYD- BRUTAL. CANT EVEN BELIEVE HE GOT TO BOOT CAMP

LUCIE- GOOD , EVEN THOUGH THAT MUSIC DOESNT REALLY SUIT HER VOICE.

DANYL- UNBELIEVEABLE VOICE EVEN IF HE DID SING OUT OF KEY FOR THE FIRST VERSE. ID PUT IT DOWN TO NERVES AND IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN. DANNII AND CHERYL DONT LIKE HIM COS THEY SEE HIM AS A THREAT.

STACEY- BRILLIANT RAW TALENT. HOPE SHE GETS TO THE FINAL. VERY BUBBLY PERSONALITY AND A KILLER VOICE.

AND THATS FROM A REAL MUSIC FAN.
    You don't write for NME do you? I mean, being a real music fan with prose like that....

Watched the repeats, Cheryl's "outfit" was the most entertaining part of the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Someone said last night that backstreet boys are performing tonight didnt they? the xfactor website is saying bon jovi & jls but im sure i heard bsb last night :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

And the charity single for this years X Factor finalists is a version of Michael Jackson's You Are Not Alone. Last years single Hero raised over £1 million for Help For Heroes. This year the money raised will go the Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity. The single will be performed on the 15th and available to download then and available to physically buy on the 16th

Pfff. Just donate the call in votes money from one show to charity and they'd have a couple of million pounds. Cowell needs that to line his own pockets though so fans of the show arew expected to fork out even more. Sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 starfish1

dermot has actually been getting quite annoying lately-louis has a point about the "rules" when it comes to picking songs-what's the point in having a themed night if you can pick any song anyway?

diriculous....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

sar84 wrote: »
    Someone said last night that backstreet boys are performing tonight didnt they? the xfactor website is saying bon jovi & jls but im sure i heard bsb last night :confused:

I think the person who mentioned them were talking about an ad during x factor and how the name of their tour (This is Us) is a little too similar to the MJ film ;)

ETA: they seemingly will also be on the Xtra factor! my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I think the person who mentioned them were talking about an ad during x factor and how the name of their tour (This is Us) is a little too similar to the MJ film ;)

aww i was sure holly said something having "man band" bsb on. i must be goin crazy..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

What was Cheryl's wardrobe malfunction?! I totally missed it!

Jamie should have been given a decent rock song to sing, not the one he was given (which seemed more big band this week than the one he was given last week). A wasted chance, methinks!

Danyl - I dunno, I was always on his side but the out-of-tune thing really shocked me and he was over-acting the sadness. I loved his audition, I dunno what has gone wrong since!

Lucie was great last night. Think it was a bit insulting that Cheryl said she was like Avril Lavigne... she'd kick Avril's ass in a singing competition.

Olly surprised me, I very much enjoyed it.

I think BSB will be on the Xtra Factor after the results show??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

sar84 wrote: »

bon jovi and jls are going to be on the live x factor results show tonight.
    back street boys are going to be talking to holly on the xtra factor after!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

starfish1 wrote: »
    dermot has actually been getting quite annoying lately-louis has a point about the "rules" when it comes to picking songs-what's the point in having a themed night if you can pick any song anyway?

Both true points!

It was Simon that came up with the format for the show AND the rules ...then he goes (then Mrs Cole) and starts breaking them!
    I mean WTF!!!

As for Dermot - lately, he getting really irritating and full of himself - and normally I actually like him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

I think I remember him saying that part of his job was to stick up for the acts when they are being criticized by the judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I'm missed it last night so I'm watching it on youtube. :)

I'm just after watching Danyl's performance and it was desperate! He obviously couldn't hear the backing track at the start at all cos he was all over the shop and it was really really nasal. Maybe he has a cold or something but it sounded awful even when he went into his mad bit at the end. Just didn't do it for me.

I really like Lucie, I honestly think she's got the nicest voice in the whole competition but I don't think she's loud and annoying enough to make an impact.

Lloyd was pretty bad, flat the whole way through and looked so uncomfortable.

Unfortunately youtube has fecked off for maintenance now so I'll have to watch them later... :(

I think they were all being unfair to louis. Last night he was actually the only one speaking sense. I think I agreed with almost everything he said before he was cut off, well except for his comment about Llyod.

And yeh Dermot was getting a bit annoying, this year everyone is annoying me more! Dermot, Cheryl, the contestants!.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 starfish1

don't forget dannii-i used to think she was grand but she's not a very good mentor and that thing she said to danyl a few weeks back really did it for me :p

Louis looks lovely tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

State of cheryls pants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

crriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnngeeeeee :o

I really don't like that whole group-song thing. It's like Aerosmith covered by the High School Musical cast :pac:

WTF has Rachel got on her? The stylist on the X factor is obviously a mentalist

I love the group performance for once :):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

hate the group songs.miming ffs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement