Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Gossip_girls

the judges can say that deadlock is fair because its the publics votes.. but its definitly not fair when there is clearly a better singer in the bottom 2!
    knew it wud happen though, shes been in the bottom too many times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

basquille wrote: »
    A tenner says she's gonna be on the ground in the foetal position before the show is up!

Lol!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

So much for loyalty!
    Danni voting against her own singer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Absolutely gutted Rachel is gone. Crazy voting going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    tbh you can't complain man.

eh, I'm a girl!
    and Jedward bring entertainment to the show... what does Lloyd bring? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

What's next week's theme anubody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Biggins wrote: »
    So much for loyalty!

:confused:

She voted to save her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

So much for loyalty!

:confused: No she didn't. :p:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...what does Lloyd bring? :confused:

Phone calls = profit! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I'm not ogne on either Lloyd or Rachael but for the haircut earlier in the show alone she should be gone.
    People just didnt like her, she changed her look, her personality and dressing and people still didnt like her.
    First weeked Lloyd was in the bottom 2, he deserved another chance to be honest.

The cat ran out of lives in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

So much for loyalty!

Eh??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Time for a piece of Holly. Aahhhhhhhhh :):p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i think lloyd actually sang well considering he can barely talk. if cheryl would give him decent songs he might actually do alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Gossip_girls

well now we can all look forward to the twins next week :D:D

eh, I'm a girl!

Whoops. :p
    and Jedward bring entertainment to the show... what does Lloyd bring? :confused:

I'm just saying that if you support Jedward then it's difficult for you to say you're angry at a less talented singer staying over another better act. Either you think this song is based on talent or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

aren't the judges suppose to decide based on the sing off ?

Cowell was a disgrace. last time i'll watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Danni voted to save rachel!!

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    aren't the judges suppose to decide based on the sing off ?

Cowell was a disgrace. last time i'll watch
    Yeah yeah see you next week :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    ****ing prick Simon. :mad:

I think Simon is right letting the public decide. It's a PUBLIC VOTE. The public watch it. The public will buy the records of the winer that they choose. Letting the judges decide cheats the public and makes the whole voting system pointless.

Rachel does not deserve it more that Lloyd simply because she hasn't won over the public.

It's not a singing contest not matter how many times people say it. It's a "X factor" contest. Someone with charisma, likeability, ability to entertain etc... Obviously Rachel can sing, but she hasn't got the X factor so wouldn't have won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

phasers wrote: »
    What's next week's theme anubody know?
    Sure what does it matter anyway when none of the judges will stick to the theme....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Simon bottled it, end of. Rachel was the most talented vocalist in the competition. Come to think of it has every vote gone to deadlock at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Time for a piece of Holly. Aahhhhhhhhh :):p

Yes! I'd love a piece of her as well. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

Kipling wrote: »
    thats no excuse , hes s***e regardless of a sore throat.

Oh yeah I agree, that's why I was saying I'm not a fan, Rachel definitely a better singer of the two. But I sing a lot (at least I try to!) and it's physically excruciating to sing with a sore throat, like an ice scraper on your tonsils.

Olly's probably the best of them all, so I can see him winning it- but to be honest I'd say the twins have as long a shelf life after the show as Olly, even though clearly he's a better singer. Think he'd be another Steve Brookwhatshisface.

Joe definitely has a future on the West End, he has that kind of musical theatre-y kind of quality to his voice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I feel bad for lloyd. Didn't realise his voice was gone.

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I think Simon is right letting the public decide. It's a PUBLIC VOTE. The public watch it. The public will buy the records of the winer that they choose. Letting the judges decide cheats the public and makes the whole voting system pointless.

Rachel does not deserve it more that Lloyd simply because she hasn't won over the public.

It's not a singing contest not matter how many times people say it. It's a "X factor" contest. Someone with charisma, likeability, ability to entertain
    etc... Obviously Rachel can sing, but she hasn't got the X factor so wouldn't have won.

He's a walking contradict though. He was outraged that the public dared not to vote for Danyl last week yet tonight he "respects" them. Make no mistake, he made that decision because he wanted Dannii to lose an act. Now Simon is the only one with 3 acts, coincidence eh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Is people liking Dermot O'Leary this year, i'm not gone on him anymore to be honest, think the's gone into (to use an English phrase fittingly) twat.
    And it has nothing to do with him wearing a poppy.
    Opinions?

Namlub wrote: »
    Sure what does it matter anyway when none of the judges will stick to the theme....
    Louis will :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

This is getting a bit ridiculous, all the good acts are being ousted and the likes of John and Edward are still there?? It's more a popularity contest at this stage and as someone on last weeks Extra Factor pointed out, Simon has to give the winner a record deal on his label and Michelle McManus was voted to win by the public a few years ago and when she won her record flopped.. that's exactly what's going to happen if the likes of Jedward win.. it's just a joke..

Rachel has a very powerful voice and she's gone home and Zig and Zag are still there?? what a waste

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

So much for loyalty!

HA! I thought the same thing - my flatmate needed to calm me down!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 shinystar

I support JEDWARD and i get stick for it as its supposed to be "singing competition"
    Simon cowell has been banging on about this all the time.. yet he didnt practise what he preached tonight.. i think lloyd is sweet but he cant sing either and has nowhere near the entertainment value as JEDWARD ... yet Simon chose not to pick rachel... I am disgusted over this as it was he Simon cowell that has been reminding us all along that it is a singing compeition..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement