Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Read somewhere that they didn't want another black girl singer to win. In hindsight Rachel was never gonna be let win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Dannii is the only one who knows what she's saying. Very awkward reaction from Simon there when she questioned who was left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

xzanti wrote: »
    This is getting a bit ridiculous, all the good acts are being ousted and the likes of John and Edward are still there?? It's more a popularity contest at this stage and as someone on last weeks Extra Factor pointed out, Simon has to give the winner a record deal on his label and Michelle McManus was voted to win by the public a few years ago and when she won her record flopped.. that's exactly what's going to happen if the likes of Jedward win.. it's just a joke..

Rachel has a very powerful voice and she's gone home and Zig and Zag are still there?? what a waste

/rant
    "At this stage"? Surely that's always been the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

This is getting a bit ridiculous, all the good acts are being ousted and the likes of John and Edward are still there?? It's more a popularity contest at this stage and as someone on last weeks Extra Factor pointed out, Simon has to give the winner a record deal on his label and Michelle McManus was voted to win by the public a few years ago and when she won her record flopped.. that's exactly what's going to happen if the likes of Jedward win.. it's just a joke..

Rachel has a very powerful voice and she's gone home and Zig and Zag are still there?? what a waste

/rant

whether she can sing or not, noone was voting for rachel so noone wouldve bought anything by her either, so no point pushing her further if noone likes her

• Registered Users Posts: 34,825 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

/rant

It takes more than just being able to sing. Rachel sure has a powerful voice she's boring as hell..total yawnfest....John and Edward are hilarious. They get my vote anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

/rant

It has always been a popularity contest. When has it ever really been about the singing? The teeny boppers vote for the good looking little boys and that's just the way it goes. If Rachel is any good she'll be taken on by someone anyway, she's gotten a fair whack of exposure from it anyway.

Personally I want nothing more than to shave her head and buy her some real clothes.

Edit: Plus she's exactly the same as Leona and Alexandra. Something different would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Lloyd was brutal he should have gone home

Simon is always sucking up to Cheryl he should have sent Lloyd home

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Cheryls getting stick!!
    And I love it :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Now Simon is the only one with 3 acts, coincidence eh? ;)

The public will pick their winner. Only one can win so it doesn't matter if Simon has three. Lucie or Joe will win.

Simon owns Syco records, he can sign anybody he likes. He is convinced that Danyl is the best singer so he will probably sign him at a later stage. But the public don't like Danyl so unless Simon can do a major PR turnaround on Danyl, he will fail as an artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Finally, somebody not kissing Cheryl's ass!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Namlub wrote: »
    "At this stage"? Surely that's always been the case?

For the most part the right acts have won. Alexandra, Leona and Shayne Ward were simply just the best acts and they deserved their wins. Leon and Brookstein are the only ones I can think of that perhaps didn't deserve to win. In American Idol, the best act nearly always wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Louis is a cute whoore, Heat magazine rings, and Jedward happens to be on the fron cover this week also!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

phasers wrote: »
    Finally, somebody not kissing Cheryl's ass!

Ha! Sorry I missed it, What was said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    The public will pick their winner. Only one can win so it doesn't matter if Simon has three. Lucie or Joe will win.

Simon owns Syco records, he can sign anybody he likes. He is convinced that Danyl is the best singer so he will probably sign him at a later stage. But the public don't like Danyl so unless Simon can do a major PR turnaround on Danyl, he will fail as an artist.

How are you so sure Lucie or Joe will win?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Think I'll be getting a new magazine on Tuesday!

shinystar wrote: »
    yet Simon chose not to pick rachel...

The public have tried to oust Rachel THREE times. For the judges to ignore that and save her is a slap in the face to the voters (who partially fund the show!) They can't force them to like her. No matter how many personality transplants and hair weaves Dannii gives her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

whycliff wrote: »
    Louis is a cute whoore, Heat magazine rings, and Jedward happens to be on the fron cover this week also!!!

Ya gotta love him.
    He's thinking on the spot how to push them!

How many of the others so far have been on mag covers! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Good man Louis ;):D

mariaf24 wrote: »
    How are you so sure Lucie or Joe will win?!

They've been the favourites from the start and they're the typical mouldable boring, pretty/ cute acts that the public go for in terms of a pop star.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Rayne wrote: »
    Ha! Sorry I missed it, What was said?
    Some people rang in and basically said Lloyd was crap and Cheryl wears stupid clothes :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

HTF did Simon mix up Lloyd with Olly (one is talented and the other isnt) :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

i don't see why people are saying its ridicoulos that the good singers are going because of john and edward.. if john and edward were voted out in the first week rachel would still be gone tonight or next week..

and people giving out about simon going to the public vote i think he was right, that was the third time rachel was in the bottom three so it was a clear indication the public weren't taking to her..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

nick from bsb looks hawt :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

o1s1n wrote: »
    It takes more than just being able to sing. Rachel sure has a powerful voice she's boring as hell..total yawnfest....John and Edward are hilarious. They get my vote anyway.

I think she was a darkhorse, much like Alexandra last year, she was really starting to come into herself in the past couple of weeks.. I must say in her first few weeks she had a bit of an attitude but I think that was nerves.. she should have gone through, Lloyd had a sore throat granted but even when he was in the whole of his health his singing wasn't anything to write home about.. sorry..

/bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I know I love it! I also love the way Jedward get the most spectacular stage setting and dancers every week. Louis is the hilarious. I loved when he asked Danni to please go for question number 8 - Simon is the worst mentor.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This is not just a singing competition, it's about the X factor.
    The complete package, singing, performing, entertainment and other
    stuff. If it was just singing, then Stacy the absolute BORE would win.

Jedward have talent, are likable and put on a far better show than the others I think.

Rachel is a sour little ****, glad she's gone now. Sour as ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

sar84 wrote: »
    nick from bsb looks hawt :D

God they haven't aged a bit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

JP Liz wrote: »
    HTF did Simon mix up Lloyd with Olly (one is talented and the other isnt) :confused:

I thought he said Holly!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Is people liking Dermot O'Leary this year, i'm not gone on him anymore to be honest, think the's gone into (to use an English phrase fittingly) twat.
    And it has nothing to do with him wearing a poppy.
    Opinions?

I have to agree with you..........he is doing my head in!

Think he is well up himself this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

Im mad Rachel went, she had a bloody good voice! Lloyd??? WTF?

I am glad john and Ed stayed though, hilarious and entertaining!!

Cheryl's dress was ridiculous last night. Yeah she's pretty but that doesnt mean she can get away with that. Liking Danni a lot more this yr too. I think all that botox froze her personality and its all coming bk now :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement