Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Clare Bear wrote: »
    God they haven't aged a bit!!

i know! roll on november 13th :D itll be like being 15 again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Clare Bear wrote: »
    God they haven't aged a bit!!
    Except the baldy fella with the sunglasses, he looks like their bouncer!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

whycliff wrote: »
    Louis is a cute whoore, Heat magazine rings, and Jedward happens to be on the fron cover this week also!!!

Louis the King of PR stunts!

Having Heats backing for the twins is amazing!

Fair play to him....he obviously believes in them!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

phasers wrote: »
    Except the baldy fella with the sunglasses, he looks like their bouncer!

Haha, yeah just spotted him, he kinda let himself go :D which one was he again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

walshb wrote: »
    This is not just a singing competition, it's about the X factor.
    The complete package, singing, performing, entertainment and other
    stuff. If it was just singing, then Stacy the absolute BORE would win.

Jedward have talent, are likable and put on a far better show than the others I think.

Rachel is a sour little ****, glad she's gone now. Sour as ****.

Agree with everything you said except for comment about Rachel. I just think Rachel is young and was trying too hard to please everyone and is genuinely upset that the public didn't like her. She was one of the most naturally talented there imo, but she didn't trust her own instincts , and her performances began to look too technical. Anyway its probably true that there isn't room for another ALexandra/Leona

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The complete package, singing, performing, entertainment and other
    stuff.

Which Jedward have none of. Laughing at them shouldn't be mistaken with entertainment.
    If it was just singing, then Stacy the absolute BORE would win.

That's why Leona lost so. Oh wait.
    Jedward have talent, are likable and put on a far better show than the others I think.

Would you buy their album? Would you go to a concert for an hour+ watching them do what they do on the show?
    Rachel is a sour little ****, glad she's gone now. Sour as ****.

Yes she's sour. For three weeks she took being in the bottom two on the chin and kept on moving forward. Danyl Johnson has one week in the bottom two and you swear that he was crucified or something. Self important wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Anyone see one of the comments streaming at the bottom of the tv screen?

"my friend just had twin boys and she called the john and edward"

Hahahahaha! :D

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Danyl Johnson has one week in the bottom two and you swear that he was crucified or something. Self important wanker.
    LOL!

I'd go to a Jedward concert

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Hyptonises?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Omg me and my sister were just laughing our heads off at that :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭watsdstory22

prob better off for Rachel in the long run I read somewhere that Rihannas record label were looking to sign her & could only do this if she did not come in the top 4

LOL!

You're a braver man than me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

This rubbish about the twins keeping talented singers out of the competition is doing my head in! THERE IS ONLY ONE WINNER!! So 11 are going to be knocked out anyways. It's a matter of when. If they are genuinely talented they will be signed, look at JLS. They were runner ups. For God's sake look at Jennifer Hudson, she won a bloody Oscar and she didn't even win American Idol.

I'm also sick of people b1tching about the twins. It's week 4, they can't sing we get it! They are funny, cute, likeable, their performances are epic, their dances are deadly, the vocals are improving every week (slightly). I genuinely like them and am enjoying their success. I feel sick at results because I want them to get through. The audience should shut up booing. It's so rude. :mad:

Wait a min... Since they got to week 5(atleast) does this mean John and Edward are going to be in the X Factor tour??

I am sooo there! (If im allowed :P)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

LOL!

I'd go and so said the wife.

They are entertaining!
    ...and we'd go to see just what they would get up to also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I think all 12 finalists are on the X Factor live tour. I'll be there with binoculars for Kandy Rain and Lucie :P

I think all 12 finalists are on the X Factor live tour. I'll be there with binoculars for Kandy Rain and Lucie :P

Bought the tickets already for the O2 in March :D

doublefacepalmt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Which Jedward have none of. Laughing at them shouldn't be mistaken with entertainment.

two and you swear that he was crucified or something. Self important wanker.

I don't laugh at them. I think they put on a great show, they are pure entertainment.

Leona is a great singer, but that's it. I wouldn't call her a stage performer or entertaining.

Rachel is quite sour. She sang great last night, but she just comes across
    sour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I like them and all but good god!
    Fair play to whoever complained about Cheryl as well, I've been trying to remember what it was I liked about her last year but it's not coming to me. Louis ftw!

• Advertisement

Ooohh lloyd put on the spot by sandras question ;).

I have to say, Olly REALLY comes across as a genuine nice guy.

I actually feel kinda bad for Lloyd. His voice is more or less gone and Cheryl is giving him crap songs.

Lol John and edward invited to the concert :P

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    This rubbish about the twins keeping talented singers out of the competition is doing my head in! THERE IS ONLY ONE WINNER!! So 11 are going to be knocked out anyways. It's a matter of when. If they are genuinely talented they will be signed, look at JLS. They were runner ups. For God's sake look at Jennifer Hudson, she won a bloody Oscar and she didn't even win American Idol.

It's still one more week that could make all the difference. For example had Lloyd gone home tonight it would have given Rachel another week to turn it around. Just like she did last week with Proud Mary, which depending on which sources you believe saw her finish top of the voting ranking.

Ditto with Ruth Lorenzo, she was deservingly saved once or twice last year and it allowed her to bounce back with solid performances. She got to that last five I think, two weeks off the final.
    I'm also sick of people b1tching about the twins. It's week 4, they can't sing we get it! They are funny, cute, likeable, their performances are epic, their dances are deadly, I honestly think the vocals are improving every week. I genuinely like them and am enjoying their success.

That's debatable, for you they are everything you believe they are, for others they are not. That's just the way it is.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a184666/friedman-twins-dont-deserve-to-win.html

Brian Friedman, the dance choreographer, describes them as "sort of" being able to dance, even he doesn't rate their performances.
    I feel sick at results because I want them to get through. I wish the audience would shut up booing. It's so rude. :mad:

Agreed.

I don't laugh at them. I think they put on a great show, they are pure entertainment.

Leona is a great singer, but that's it. I wouldn't call her a stage performer or entertaining.

Rachel is quite sour. She sang great last night, but she just comes across
    sour

I think Britain's got Tallent is the place for 'novelty acts' in fairness.. I wish people would stop saying it's an entertainment contest.. It's about finding the next big thing.. Leona is a powerhouse, sorry if she doesn't juggle or whatever but she has real tallent... and she's humble..

Brian Friedman is horrible, a total media whore

Whats next weeks theme??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Lil Kitten wrote: »

I'm also sick of people b1tching about the twins. It's week 4, they can't sing we get it! They are funny, cute, likeable, their performances are epic, their dances are deadly, the vocals are improving every week (slightly). I genuinely like them and am enjoying their success. I feel sick at results because I want them to get through. The audience should shut up booing. It's so rude. :mad:
    Hell yes!
    Wrecks my head when people come along with "Eh, they're not good singers". I don't think the president of the John and Edward fan club would claim that they're good singers, but it isn't as simple as that. Simon might complain but he knows where his bread is buttered, the fact such a big thing has been made about Jedward and the X factor getting its highest ratings ever isn't a happy coincidence.

xzanti wrote: »
    I think Britain's got Tallent is the place for 'novelty acts' in fairness.. I wish people would stop saying it's an entertainment contest.. It's about finding the next big thing.. Leona is a powerhouse, sorry if she doesn't juggle or whatever but she has real tallent... and she's humble..

...but the shows called the "X-Factor".
    Not the "singing-factor" - not the "false acting factor" - its the STAR-factor show!
    Like them or not, Jedward have the star-factor now.
    (bad singing but they ARE entertaining!)

• Advertisement

Brian Friedman is horrible, a total media whore

and his clothes are mank!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement