Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

oooooooh movie week next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It is MORE than just a singing competition. It's the X factor and that is why just being a good singer may not do it.

Example. Stacy is a better singer than DANYL, but man, her stage presence
    and command of the audience is ZERO. This all is very important, and is why the likes of Freddie Mercury will always be streets ahead of say, Bono

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Damn, I LOVE Freddie. He sure could work an audience.
    (response to someone saying Freddie Mercury had great audience command)

Posy wrote: »
    Damn, I LOVE Freddie. He sure could work an audience.

And quite possibly the most versatile singer in history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

walshb wrote: »
    It is MORE than just a singing competition. It's the X factor and that is why just being a good singer may not do it.

Example. Stacy is a better singer than DANYL, but man, her stage presence
    and command of the audience is ZERO. This all is very important, and is wht the likes of Freddie Mercury will always be streets ahead of say, Bono

Even if Mercury had the charisma and personality of a plank his vocals alone still trounce Bono's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

sar84 wrote: »
    oooooooh movie week next week!
    Cheryl will be googling totally irrelevant and inappropriate songs for her little lloyd as we speak

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Even if Mercury had the charisma and personality of a plank his vocals alone still trounce Bono's.

I took that that was a given. Well spotted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Biggins wrote: »
    ...but the shows called the "X-Factor".
    Not the "singing-factor" - not the "false acting factor" - its the STAR-factor show!
    Like them or not, Jedward have the star-factor now.
    (bad singing but they ARE entertaining!)

Ok well I look forward to their 10 track album.. I'm sure it's going to be epic.. listening to them just gives me chills :) yah

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Namlub wrote: »
    Cheryl will be googling totally irrelevant and inappropriate songs for her little lloyd as we speak
    Whats the betting for High School Musical or Camp Rock??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Brian Friedman is bitter because he used to be a big deal working with Britney Spears and now he's making routines for teenagers. Taking it out on kids is pathetic.

Jedward see the competition as it is. Fluff. A public pantomime that will make an expendable pop star and irrelevant pop tunes. They're having a laugh, they're making the most of their time in the spotlight. If they are hyper due to ADHD then Brian should't be chastising them for it.

They obviously don't see Brian as a tin god and this pisses him off. Same as they see right through Simon (but they were ready to leap to Louis's defence last night when Jamie was slagging him.) They are having fun, Louis is having fun with them and their huge performances. The judges and other coaches need to lighten up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

phasers wrote: »
    Brian Friedman is horrible, a total media whore

I love Brian Friedman. I think he always comes across well - he looks like he genuinely loves what he does..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

walshb wrote: »
    I took that that was a given. Well spotted.

What I meant is that, say you have a plank but who is a phenomenal singer and a mediocre singer but who is born performer, I'll always opt for the former. Give me James Morrison any day over Justin Timberlake, or Sheryl Crow over Katy Perry. That's just me, I don't go to concerts or anything so I don't really pay attention to big performances.

Of course it's always nice to come across those who have it all like Marvin Gaye or Freddy Mercury but they are few and far between. If I have to pick one over the other I'll always go with voice over performance.

deise_girl wrote: »
    Cheryls getting stick!!
    And I love it :D:D

id gladly give cheryl 'stick'.... ;)

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    What I meant is that, say you have a plank but who is a phenomenal singer and a mediocre singer but who is born performer, I'll always opt for the former. Give me James Morrison any day over Justin Timberlake, or Sheryl Crow over Katy Perry. That's just me, I don't go to concerts or anything so I don't really pay attention to big performances.

Of course it's always nice to come across those who have it all like Marvin Gaye or Freddy Mercury but they are few and far between. If I have to pick one over the other I'll always go with voice over performance.

Got you and fully understand. Yes, great to get both, but I think I would go with the entertainer more. Not much more.
    Folks can slate the X factor all they want, but you really gotta'
    give credit to the performers. It's not easy and some are really good.

Britney was on last year, and she was useless, competely miming.
    The 12 last year were bloody better, and she is the "Queen of pop":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Rachel is coming across as such a cocky bitch on xtra factor, the public cant take my voice, blah blah. oh well, its not like we'll ever have to see her again now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My God Rachel is annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Was absolutely chuffed to see Jedward go through again tonight. I felt bad for Rachel, she did really well last night but I guess if people don't like her, then so be it. Felt really bad for Lloyd when he was singing for his survival too, the poor guy was gutted. But, he has to go and there's no two ways about it, he's just not strong enough in comparison to the other guys so I suppose it's merely delaying the inevitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

This is annoying me so much.

Olly.

OK, he's not good looking.

He can sing grand, but he's nothing special at all, and I can't see how he could be by anyone's standards.

He dresses awful.

His personality is blah.

And yet everyone but me seems to love him?!

Explain it to me please?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Whats the betting for High School Musical or Camp Rock??
    Sure seeing as its been working so well up to now, he'll probably have a girls song and just change the gender so as not to seem ghey. I'd say a little Hannah Montana number :rolleyes:

Namlub wrote: »
    Sure seeing as its been working so well up to now, he'll probably have a girls song and just change the gender so as not to seem ghey. I'd say a little Hannah Montana number :rolleyes:
    Gave me a great idea!! Anyone that saw that movie 'Hoedown Throwdown' for John and Edward please :P
    Can't wait to hear what they sing , something with lots of danceing Freidman said :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Re: Brian Friendman,
    Whoever said he's bitter at people being in the limelight and him merely being a tutor is spot on. He's an absolute arsehole who, like I would assume most backup dancers, craved fame yet never got it.

As they say, if it looks like a gob****e and it sounds like a gob****e, then it probably is a gob****e. He should just be glad he got this gig and keep smiling and playing nice, he's not in the position to be criticising ala Simon Cowell.

Just thinking, I hope the twins do something from Rocky Horror next week, Time Warp would be class!

It's going to be a very ballady show next week, I hope a couple of other acts do some up tempo stuff too.

Just thinking, I hope the twins do something from Rocky Horror next week, Time Warp would be class!

It's going to be a very ballady show next week, I hope a couple of other acts do some up tempo stuff too.
    Could you seriously imagine John and edward doing ballad at this stage!:pac:

Could you seriously imagine John and edward doing ballad at this stage!:pac:
    They should sing My Heart Will Go On :cool:

They should sing My Heart Will Go On :cool:
    Or I Will Always Love You :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

They'll defo do an up tempo number. Greased Lightning I reckon. Louis is a big Grease fan I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

X Factor hopeful Danyl Johnson has claimed that being in the bottom two last week didn't affect him.

Johnson ended up in the sing-off with Miss Frank last week, but was saved when it was announced that the girlband had received fewer public votes.

Speaking to The People, the teacher insisted that the experience had made him stronger.

"I'm not bothered," he said. "It won't stop me from winning the show. I'm fine, I will be fine in the coming weeks and it hasn't affected my confidence whatsoever. It was a bit of a shock to me but I got through it and it has made me stronger."

Johnson also praised his mentor Simon Cowell for supporting him.

"Simon knows talent when he sees it and hopefully he can make me into a star," he said. "Having him behind me has given me a huge advantage. Simon was shocked when I was in the bottom two - he didn't think I should have been.

"I have been working this week the same as I have been every other week and I'm looking forward to getting back on the stage for another chance."

On last night's show, judge Dannii Minogue claimed that Johnson had "lost his mojo", while Cheryl Cole said that it was apparent that he had suffered a "massive dent to his confidence".

Right, so..not bothered, can still win, same as ever. I'm now fully convinced that the whole "Oh I'm sooooo sad" act when he performed last night was completely staged to garner public sympathy. He's incredibly dislikable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

mariaf24 wrote: »
    I thought he said Holly!

I thought he said Olly

So next week is movie week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭NiamhDunk

Brian Friedman is horrible, a total media whore

agreed, he's a pure steamer.

• Advertisement

Danyl wrote: