Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Chinafoot wrote: »
    the whole "Oh I'm sooooo sad" act when he performed last night was completely staged to garner public sympathy. He's incredibly dislikable.

Of course it was, just like every nanosecond of that production is scripted and stage managed to within an inch of it's life. Cowell is the ringmaster and nothing goes out without his approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

deise_girl wrote: »
    I actually feel kinda bad for Lloyd. His voice is more or less gone and Cheryl is giving him crap songs.

Lol John and edward invited to the concert :P

You're right. Cheryl IS giving him crap songs. Any song that requires singing in tune or holding a note is a song that is not suitable for him. Llyod is no better a singer than Jedi-wards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Memnoch wrote: »
    You're right. Cheryl IS giving him crap songs. Any song that requires singing in tune or holding a note is a song that is not suitable for him. Llyod is no better a singer than Jedi-wards.

Lloyd CAN sing. He's a weak singer and will never belt out songs like a diva but he can sing. He sings in a low tone. What is he bass/baritone? I'm not sure. Cheryl doesn't know how to pick songs for his vocal style and she generally picks songs with high notes for some retarded reason. If he sings the high notes he will go out of tune as he can't reach them. Luckily he is singing at his own pitch but it seems out of tune as the original version, that our ear is used to, has a high note and the backing singers sing it higher than Lloyd. I said it before he's NOT a pop singer so there's in point giving him pop songs and packaging him as a "little popstar"

God love Jedward, they actually can't sing, god love them. Louis knows this, that's why he plays to their strengths by giving them rap type songs with flashy productions. He's a good mentor unlike Cheryl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

John and Edward will have their own TV show - Return of the Jedi-ward

With Simon guest starring as Darth Vader. He starts out hating them but ends up saying he's their father :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Awh can't believe Rachel went, felt sorry for Lloyd too, he's totally out of his depth. Can't wait for movie theme next week though, love a few soppy ballads:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

wow.....am I the only one who likes Brian Friedman? I don't get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'd send Llyod home - i think he is very poor, but I am certain it will be Rachel sent home. I like Rachel, think she deserves better.

she does
    lloyd is crap
    ricky was crap
    joe is talented
    this was probably discussed somewhere in the
    thread...maybe not
    but, cheryl cole doesnt have a clue
    she put llyod and ricky thru instead
    of two far more talented singers
    one being duane johnson
    now how he didnt get through to
    the televised stages ill never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Lloyd CAN sing. He's a weak singer and will never belt out songs like a diva but he can sing. He sings in a low tone. What is he bass/baritone? I'm not sure. Cheryl doesn't know how to pick songs for his vocal style and she generally picks songs with high notes for some retarded reason.

The chap has absolutely no range whatsoever.

I don't mind Brian but he says a variation of the same thing every week:

"This week I've given X a really big performance and if they don't slam it, they're in trouble".

:)

dolliemix wrote: »
    wow.....am I the only one who likes Brian Friedman? I don't get this.

He's a two faced, bitter, head line grabber. As well as savagely attavking Jedward, he also said that Lloyd has two left feet and no stage presence in the Sunday World.

• Advertisement

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I completely disagree. Danyl doesn't actually sing. He mumbles lyrics and then he builds it up to just shouting. Thats not singing. He mangles all meody out of the songs and he has shown absolutely no versatility. He has done the same thing every single week. Being able to hit a big note at the end doesn't make up for the rest of the crap.

At least he can hit a high note unlike most of the rest of them
    I think hes by far the best singer in the comp and none of the
    rest of him couldve even attempted two of the songs hes sang
    so far.
    Same stuff most weeks...i agree but he aint exactly
    picking easy songs

Biggins wrote: »
    How the feck is Danyl NOT in the last two.
    He was truely terrible last night.
    makes you wonder
    he stood out last week and ended up in the bottom two
    this week was his worst week by far

basquille wrote: »
    Not singing live.. of course.

Seems to be a trend on The X Factor these days!

its pathetic
    i mean those guys can sing
    i hate that ****e

mailburner wrote: »
    At least he can hit a high note unlike most of the rest of them

THIS IS NOT SINGING.

**** all this high note rubbish. Lucie can't sing high, it's shrill and nasal, just screeching. The judges pressure her to do it and it sounds awful.

Low singing is just as challenging and significant as high singing. It's about time it was taken into consideration in competitions like this and records. So Leona Lewis and Mariah Carey can sing notes only heard by bats, it does not mean that it is the only acceptable form of singing.

So what if Danyl hits a high note? ONE high note, that he shouts. He has very little melody and little range. He has a powerful voice but little style with it. Very over rated.
    I think hes by far the best singer in the comp and none of the
    rest of him couldve even attempted two of the songs hes sang
    so far.

They'd sing it in their own range, make it their own and probably for the better imo.

Rayne wrote: »
    Personally think JLS sound sh*t! Not a fan! Dancing wasn't even in sync! Fail

the small guy has a good voice
    overall i think they are ok
    the song is garbage tho

basquille wrote: »
    Feck sake... this new Bon Jovi song sounds like their last 12 singles!

Pfft!

certainly does
    they shouldve gave up releasing singles 10 years ago at least

THIS IS NOT SINGING.

**** all this high note rubbish. Lucie can't sing high, it's shrill and nasal, just screeching. The judges pressure her to do it and it sounds awful.

Low singing is just as challenging and significant as high singing. It's about time it was taken into consideration in competitions like this and records. So Leona Lewis and Mariah Carey can sing notes only heard by bats, it does not mean that it is the only acceptable form of singing.

So what if Danyl hits a high note? ONE high note, that he shouts. He has very little melody and little range. He has a powerful voice but little style with it. Very over rated.

They'd sing it in their own range, make it their own and probably for the better imo.

Id like to have heard any of them sing the song danyl sang a few
    weeks back in their own range
    im gonna love you is the song i think...not sure of the name
    but none of them would have the range to even attempt
    this song...imo

I like Bon Jovi. I seen them two years in a row at the RDS in Dublin. The 2nd year they played for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. That's very rare these days. They put on a very good show. They even mentioned before it started that they were there a year before and were going to play longer etc. nice touch.

THIS IS NOT SINGING.

again i thought his song at the audition was simply amazing
    and entertaining
    he is too cocky tho which is probably why he wont go all the way

I sort of agree with the comments about Danyl, he hasn't shown any melodic ability. I have to admit I'm a sucker for a nice melody, key change, hook or chord change in a song. Adding a bit of melody or a key change can really help. I think that was missing from Lucie's performance last week. It was a bit plain for me.

But she's so hot, I just couldn't vote her off. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

phasers wrote: »
    What's next week's theme anubody know?

Movie week

Anyone see one of the comments streaming at the bottom of the tv screen?

"my friend just had twin boys and she called the john and edward"

Hahahahaha! :D

I saw that too. Sad. Very very sad.

phasers wrote: »
    Just thinking, I hope the twins do something from Rocky Horror next week, Time Warp would be class!

LOL - that would be funny. I was thinking something along the lines of Fame or Grease Lightning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭BQQ

Id like to have heard any of them sing the song danyl sang a few
    weeks back in their own range
    im gonna love you is the song i think...not sure of the name
    but none of them would have the range to even attempt
    this song...imo

I think you mean 'You're gonna love me'.
    Seem to recall a middle-aged club singer sang it at bootcamp and did it waaay better than Danyl. :cool:

BQQ wrote: »
    I think you mean 'You're gonna love me'.
    Seem to recall a middle-aged club singer sang it at bootcamp and did it waaay better than Danyl. :cool:
    very good point actually
    she was amazing and i thought
    she would make it through to the
    televised stages ahead of afro maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

He's a two faced, bitter, head line grabber. As well as savagely attavking Jedward, he also said that Lloyd has two left feet and no stage presence in the Sunday World.

"savagely attack" - thats a bit strong isn't it? I'm sure he just gave an opinion

As for Lloyd with no stage presence - I agree with him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Anyone see one of the comments streaming at the bottom of the tv screen?

"my friend just had twin boys and she called the john and edward"

Hahahahaha! :D

Nope...but I did see the following comment scroll across the screen and wondered how on earth the editor allowed it through:

'Holly Willyboobies Ha Ha...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Simon Cowell last night :

"Undoubtedly, Rachel you sang better than Lloyd," he said. "Having said that, [Lloyd] can't even talk, let alone sing. The thing is you've been in the bottom two three times now, Rachel, which tells me the public aren't getting you. I'd like the public to decide."

If you read that Simon might aswell have said im putting it to the public vote cos you're going home Rachel. He knew she would and the reason he did is because he knew around probably 300,000 less tiny boppers would watch the show next week because Lloyd was gone??? As someone else said phone votes = money! So Simon voted in terms of money which for me is COMPLETELY WRONG it is supposed to be a talent contest.Rachel is a better singer than Lloyd plain and simple.

People are making the point that the public do the voting so it deserves to go back to them,well if thats the case why don't we just do away with the judges,the sing-off and the Sunday night show and send home the act that finishes bottom?????? No cos the Sunday night show gets 13 million viewers(5 million more than last year!)and makes Cowell more money,Cowell thinks it adds to the tension if you send it to deadlock but now its getting to the stage where it just getting predictable that 2 judges will vote for each.The only way we might have a bit of drama is if 2 of the judges acts are up against each other e.g. Jamie vs Danyl,which way would Simon vote although it'd still probably end in deadlock. Its no suprise that the only week the judges had to vote someone off was the week Louis was away and there was only 3 judges(week Ricki went)and in fairness to Louis he said he would have saved Rachel,he did genuinely like her.

Another theory is that Simon saved Lloyd cos he fancies the **** off Cheryl!!!! That is becoming more and more obvious every week ! I see Danni wasn't too happy to switch seats couldn't see Simon putting Cheryl at the other end of the table !!!! Anyone else see his face when he hugged her i think he was smelling her hair!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Agree totally. Simon should have got rid of Lloyd but it is for the teeny boppers and he does fancy that bag of bones Cheryl.

At least the twins are still there to annoy him but no doubt they'll make him money too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Emmmooo wrote: »
    Simon Cowell last night :

"Undoubtedly, Rachel you sang better than Lloyd," he said. "Having said that, [Lloyd] can't even talk, let alone sing. The thing is you've been in the bottom two three times now, Rachel, which tells me the public aren't getting you. I'd like the public to decide."

If you read that Simon might aswell have said im putting it to the public vote cos you're going home Rachel. He knew she would and the reason he did is because he knew around probably 300,000 less tiny boppers would watch the show next week because Lloyd was gone??? As someone else said phone votes = money! So Simon voted in terms of money which for me is COMPLETELY WRONG it is supposed to be a talent contest.Rachel is a better singer than Lloyd plain and simple.

People are making the point that the public do the voting so it deserves to go back to them,well if thats the case why don't we just do away with the judges,the sing-off and the Sunday night show and send home the act that finishes bottom?????? No cos the Sunday night show gets 13 million viewers(5 million more than last year!)and makes Cowell more money,Cowell thinks it adds to the tension if you send it to deadlock but now its getting to the stage where it just getting predictable that 2 judges will vote for each.The only way we might have a bit of drama is if 2 of the judges acts are up against each other e.g. Jamie vs Danyl,which way would Simon vote although it'd still probably end in deadlock. Its no suprise that the only week the judges had to vote someone off was the week Louis was away and there was only 3 judges(week Ricki went)and in fairness to Louis he said he would have saved Rachel,he did genuinely like her.

Another theory is that Simon saved Lloyd cos he fancies the **** off Cheryl!!!! That is becoming more and more obvious every week ! I see Danni wasn't too happy to switch seats couldn't see Simon putting Cheryl at the other end of the table !!!! Anyone else see his face when he hugged her i think he was smelling her hair!!!!

true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement