Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Jedward are going to be the most popular contestants and maybe even most successful from the show this year no matter who wins

I gotta say Jamie Afro disappointed me this week and it was rock week

Olly has been the most consistent performer for me and most enjoyable to watch

Simon needs to stop being a fecking kiss ass to Cheryl

BTW why was Danni sitting on the end in the judging panel this week? Did she upset Simon or Cheryl somehow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'm frankly peed off with Simon and Co lashing out at the twins.

EVERYONE that has ACTUALLY MET the twins, said that when the cameras are not around and are, the two boys downright decent guys.
    Polite, have manners and easily likeable.
    Granted they enjoying life but they are getting on with their own "act/singing" while some muppets look on (who think they know better just by reading gossip not backed by any factual evidence).
    Every week they are picking themselves up and getting on with the show.
    They have been knocked for many weeks now and still going.
    - Unlike Danyl! He gets one bad week and sob, sob, he falls to pieces (over done sympathy acting a LOT of folk is asking) !

Clearly some watch this show, decided from the start to lash out at the twins with venom and spite for some mad reason like they are pure evil incarnate - and not actually observe what is on screen but are seeing their own version along with rule-breaking, PR master of spin making Simon Cowell.

The twins are NOT the best - but they ARE entertainment and have a possible bit of STAR (X-factor) quality.
    The show is about entertainment - NOT JUST a loud, holding a long note, wailing voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

Ok, some getting a tad carried away with the conspiracy theories here...

I agree with what Simon did. Theres no doubt that hes pleased to keep Lloyd in for the $ making side of things and indeed theres plenty of things about the show that is orchestrated. But the sing-off just wasnt an option under the circumstances last night and by removing the Judges influence over this decision and simply letting the public vote to determine who was to leave was the right choice.

Rachel is the better singer of the two, but I couldnt see winning anyway.

Lloyd is a lil lump of eye candy who is vocally weak and wont win either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Whatever u say about Jedward they will be remembered after this show and i can see them maybe getting into Childrens TV?

Afro wasn't the worst on Saturday night, might sound strange to say it but his version was the nearest the original. I know we want originality and something different from the singers but in the case of Joe,Lloyd and especially Danyl i thought their versions of the songs were woeful and embaressing! btw did Danyl forget the words twice or was that just the way the song was edited?

Olly was great Saturday and is probably the only one you can say improves every week. For me he is the favourite now as he ticks all the boxes needed for the X-Factor.

Yeah some articles around that Danni wasn't impressed to be moved and only found out about it 5 minutes before they went to air! Apparently the reason was to fuel Louis and Simons bitch spats !!! Why not put them beside each other then and they could take out their hangbags!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No, I have to agree with what some have said.
    Its become clear increasingly that Simon has a thing for one female judge.

At the end of the day, lloyd is (and Rachel was...) NOT going to win it.
    If there is 100,000 fans alone on Lloyd's facebook page alone, thats 100,000 phone calls alone at (what?) phone rate!
    Thats a lot of money for a show to lose thats paying serious money to have some BIG acts on a Sunday coming on.

Simon did not become the multi-millionaire just by going with always the right moral choice.
    That said, I suspect he grudgingly knows Lloyd sooner or later will get the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Emmmooo wrote: »
    Whatever u say about Jedward they will be remembered after this show and i can see them maybe getting into Childrens TV?

Afro wasn't the worst on Saturday night, might sound strange to say it but his version was the nearest the original. I know we want originality and something different from the singers but in the case of Joe,Lloyd and especially Danyl i thought their versions of the songs were woeful and embaressing! btw did Danyl forget the words twice or was that just the way the song was edited?

Olly was great Saturday and is probably the only one you can say improves every week. For me he is the favourite now as he ticks all the boxes needed for the X-Factor.

Yeah some articles around that Danni wasn't impressed to be moved and only found out about it 5 minutes before they went to air! Apparently the reason was to fuel Louis and Simons bitch spats !!! Why not put them beside each other then and they could take out their hangbags!

Yes he did!! I was shocked that none of the judges mentioned this AND that Dannii was the only one that commented that he was HORRENDOUSLY out of tune for the first 30 seconds or so. If this had been someone else, the judges would have been all over their mistakes. :mad:

Agree with you about Olly, he's the only one I'll be happy to see win now (Or Jedward of course :D)

Biggins wrote: »
    No, I have to agree with what some have said.
    Its become clear increasingly that Simon has a thing for one female judge.

Absolutely, it's getting very annoying. You can always see Cheryl and Simon whispering to each other when it comes down to the sing-off. I knew straight away that Simon would go to deadlock to try and save Cheryl's act.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I have to say I am one of the people who simply do not like the twins, they put on a show granted but please lets be realistic they cannot sing a note to save there lives

there making ratings and staying in the competition because of every hyper active tween girl voting for them, I will say this though the press there getting is atrocious, take this headline in the sun today

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/2709216/John-and-Edward-Grimes-blamed-for-head-lice.html

Big bold letters and insiders quoting this that and the other, and halfway into the artcle (if youd call it that) is this little gem

The lice outbreak has not been confirmed - and so far the duo dubbed Jedward have shown no signs of infestation.

this kinda press just goes to far, its an empty vacous article, its crazy tbh

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

shinzon wrote: »
    I have to say I am one of the people who simply do not like the twins, they put on a show granted but please lets be realistic they cannot sing a note to save there lives

there making ratings and staying in the competition because of every hyper active tween girl voting for them, I will say this though the press there getting is atrocious, take this headline in the sun today

It's an "X Factor" competition, not a "singing" competition, whatever Simon might like to claim. If it was a singing competition there'd be no back up dancers, fancy lights, (bad) stylists etc, it'd just be about the voices. But it's not. It's about the show, making money and entertainment. And as much as I may think Jedward are muppets, at least they are entertaining. Much more so than the acts which have been kicked off so far and some of the acts which remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,621 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

JP Liz wrote: »
    Jedward are going to be the most popular contestants and maybe even most successful from the show this year no matter who wins
    No way imo.

They are getting votes in the competition, but I seriously doubt that will translate to album sales or sold out concerts in the future. They can't sing. They can't sing even well enough to be computered up nicely like most pop acts.

Though, they may get some TV work like Brian Dowling. If that is what you ment, then yeah - they might turn out to be the most succesful.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Isn't it amazing how they are blamed for every problem. Why aren't they accusing Ollie of having the lice?? And then "Twins upset China" Thats all the fans, especially for Lloyd im sure iswell. Everything that happens is their fault. I cant find it now but there was an interview with Brian Freidman and he was being a complete cow to them...:mad:

Also talking to people in school they're absolute disgusted they got through. But its all girls school, so lloyd is of course favourite :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,088 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Yes he did!! I was shocked that none of the judges mentioned this AND that Dannii was the only one that commented that he was HORRENDOUSLY out of tune for the first 30 seconds or so. If this had been someone else, the judges would have been all over their mistakes. :mad:

Couldn't agree more, i was actually sitting back waiting to take enjoyment out of him being torn apart, then i remembered he is Simon's act. It was terrible that none of them mentioned the forgetting the word's.

Could you imagine the judges reaction if John and Edward for example had have been guilty of it?

This series is really annoying me, it has nothing to do with talent and performance on the night at all anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I absolutely agree with what Simon did last night. At the end of the day, they're all there to make money, including the contestants. If someone is appearing in the most disliked category three times in a very small number of weeks then questions must be asked. If she wont sell cd's and concert tickets, there's no point in delaying the inevitable so it was completely understandable that he should revert to the public vote to see who, at the end of the day, the public would prefer in the competition.

Lloyd is ****e, Rachel did really well on Saturday night, however if people don't like her then so be it, she doesn't have the "X" factor afterall.

With regards to Simon labasting the Twins, I think quite a bit of it is fake, publicity drawing acting. He can be seen bopping along while they sing and smiling when he makes comments about them. His production company has also consistently put, what I assume to be, the most money and effort into their on-stage performance/production every week and everyone is aware of the effect Simon saying they're crap will have on the public votes.

They're drawing huge numbers to the show week after week and have created a media frenzy surrounding the show, unlike anything seen before perhaps. It's very, very well orchastrated from start to finish and maximises the earning potential for the judges, the production company and the contestants themselves so fair play to them all for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

13.87 million people watched the programme last night, that's up from 13.4 million last week. The peak was 15.2 million.

http://www.xfactor.tellymix.co.uk/2009/11/02/1423/sunday-ratings-rise-to-13-9m-as-rachel-is-sent-home.html

I have a feeling this year's viewers has beaten all the previous finals in terms of viewers?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Danyl couldn't hear the music so that's why it looked like he had forgotten the words. At the start of it he couldn't hear the music at all.

Jamie is becoming boring to me. I love the song he sang but his was just a karaoke version to me. Plus they changed the words so it lost it's meaning as a song. Why pick that song if they are going to take out all the bad words in it? Llyod was a joke singing I kissed a girl! Doh! Cheryl's song choices for him have been bizarre. And defending him that he can be a solo act! I suppose anything is possible if she's number one!

unichick wrote: »
    Jamie is becoming boring to me. I love the song he sang but his was just a karaoke version to me.

Is that you Louis Walsh?!?!

Also Cheryl > all women bar my girlfriend.

LOL! I've been called a lot of things in my time but never Louis! I agreed with him for once. Cheryl needs to go eat some burgers. Bag of bones.

Your jealousy is showing unichick, you may want to have a few burgers and calm down :pac:

;):D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Just had a quick look back to predications i made before the first live show.With the exception of Jedward(in fairness who else thought they'd still be in at this stage!)im doin ok!

And then roughly in the order they will finish(this will probably be way off but hey its a bit of fun)
    1. Lucie Jones
    2. Stacey Solomon
    3. Joe
    4. Jamie Archer
    5. Danyl Johnson
    6. Olly
    7. Lloyd(this years Eoghan)
    8. Rachel
    9. Miss Frank
    10. Ricki
    11. Kandy Rain (people wont vote for them cos they r ex-lappers)
    12. John & Edward(Hate them hate them hate them embaressment)

So if u take the twins out ive got it right for 4 weeks and id like to think i have a good chance next week with Lloyd! Although think my run will end at Olly going out next though!
    But suppose after all my(& others)giving out about Rachel being knocked out she really did go as far as she could have and the real competition hasn't begun yet.Once Lloyd and the Twins go it will be interesting then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

How come the contestants had no mentor this week? Wouldnt Bon Jovi do it at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I'm frankly peed off with Simon and Co lashing out at the twins.

EVERYONE that has ACTUALLY MET the twins, said that when the cameras are not around and are, the two boys downright decent guys.
    Granted they enjoying life but they are getting on with their own "act/singing" while some muppets look on (who think they know better just by reading gossip not backed by any factual evidence).
    Every week they are picking themselves up and getting on with the show.
    They have been knocked for many weeks now and still going.
    - Unlike Danyl! He gets one bad week and sob, sob, he falls to pieces (over done sympathy acting a LOT of folk is asking) !

Clearly some watch this show, decided from the start to lash out at the twins with venom and spite for some mad reason like they are pure evil incarnate - and not actually observe what is on screen but are seeing their own version along with rule-breaking, PR master of spin making Simon Cowell.

The twins are NOT the best - but they ARE entertainment and have a possible bit of STAR (X-factor) quality.
    The show is about entertainment - NOT JUST a loud, holding a long note, wailing voice!

I haven't met the twins, but to me they come across as the only act that are really genuine and sincere and in it for the fame, the adulation and the fun. Ther rest are just a tad bit fake and forced and cheesy.

The twins are also by far the most energetic and entertaining of the lot.

JP Liz wrote: »
    How come the contestants had no mentor this week? Wouldnt Bon Jovi do it at all?
    I was wondering this too. Thought it was weird not to have anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Little_miss_syn

i <3 the twins!

Gotta say though my heart nearly broke when lloyd was tryin to sing you are so baeutiful.....i would have been so upset if he left just coz he sounded so pathetic tryin to sing with his sore throat

and yeh ill admit it hes a lash lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Gotta say though my heart nearly broke when lloyd was tryin to sing you are so baeutiful.....i would have been so upset if he left just coz he sounded so pathetic tryin to sing with his sore throat

in fairness, he's sounds bad even if he didnt have a sore throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

What's a lash? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

What's a lash? :confused:

a roide!!

i <3 the twins!

and yeh ill admit it hes a lash lol
    I actually agree with all of that. Well im deliberating over the last line :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Granted they enjoying life but they are getting on with their own "act/singing" while some muppets look on (who think they know better just by reading gossip not backed by any factual evidence)

Definitely agree with the point you're making.
    I'm not a huge fan of "Jedward" - and I don't think they're talented enough to win the contest, but some of the texts going around are beyond ridiculous.

It's fine to express an opinion not liking someone/something, but to say that they deserve to die, or should be killed, is going way too far.

They're young teenage boys who are having fun performing and being on stage. Just because they're not your style or suited to your taste doesn't mean you have the right to send around petty messages saying they should die.

I can't imagine how difficult it is for them, to deal with things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Couldn't agree more, i was actually sitting back waiting to take enjoyment out of him being torn apart, then i remembered he is Simon's act. It was terrible that none of them mentioned the forgetting the word's.

Could you imagine the judges reaction if John and Edward for example had have been guilty of it?

This series is really annoying me, it has nothing to do with talent and performance on the night at all anymore.

Lol! John and Edward got their timing wrong but it just added to their charm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

dolliemix wrote: »
    Lol! John and Edward got their timing wrong but it just added to their charm!

yea! If it was any other act, they would have been caught out :D!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement