Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

What's a lash? :confused:

Ha! I haven't heard that word in years! And for the record I don't think Llyod is a lash...on the otherhand SImon Cowell....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 xdirtydiscox

Did anyone else think that girl Rachel was acting TOO much like Stacey?? Why like?? It's embarrassing and I think that's partly why she didn't get as many votes. She shouldn't have tried to be someone she isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Loved Rachel.
    The montage of her best bits they showed after she was eliminated really showed her at her best.

Lloyd is cute and has a nice voice and all, but Rachel is a potential recording artist.

I really don't understand why she wasn't more popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Svalbard wrote: »

Me too.

Vocally, she was very talented and a strong performer. It's a shame she ended up in the bottom two so often and was never popular with the voting public, because she did have a lot of potential.

Based on the fact she didn't seem to be popular, she had no chance of winning - even though she's arguably more talented than the vast majority of the contestants left in the competition.

Feel sorry for her, because she lost her confidence every time she was in the bottom two and no doubt being voted off will crush her.

I think the contestants are finding it tougher than ever this year - most of them are very young and the media speculation seems more rampant than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

I feel sorry for the contestants particularly those with some talent who are under enormous pressure to perform to an immature and bog standard public taste.The winners are Louis Walshe and Co.Walshe is the supremo of superficiality and mediocrity.Every time I see the cunning self promoter I find it impossible to suppress my vomit.The show is a cleverly calculated commercial scam and the producers will drag out the pathetic extravaganza.Jedward is Downward .The reality is utterly depressing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Louis Walshe

Who is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Does anybody think that Danyl's performance was all an act to get the sympathy vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

walsheb is a pedant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Definitely agree with the point you're making.
    I'm not a huge fan of "Jedward" - and I don't think they're talented enough to win the contest, but some of the texts going around are beyond ridiculous.

It's fine to express an opinion not liking someone/something, but to say that they deserve to die, or should be killed, is going way too far.

They're young teenage boys who are having fun performing and being on stage. Just because they're not your style or suited to your taste doesn't mean you have the right to send around petty messages saying they should die.

I can't imagine how difficult it is for them, to deal with things like that.
    Thank you. :)

...and remember, these are 18 year olds that have been forced to cope with unadulterated hatred from some quarters for some time now.
    In such a lengthy period so far, they have handled it better than Danyl could in just a week.
    If we are to believe his crying and "sorry for myself look" - a man near twice their age, can't cope in 7 days with what they have been more professional enough "to take on the chin" for longer and get on with the job and still go in front of LIVE cameras and face an audience of 12/15 MILLION.

Now I might not think they can sing but by god, they are showing the rest up in what it takes to get out there and get the job done - in the face of adversity and hatred born out of nowhere and totally uncalled for at the level it has reached!!!

Fair fcuks to them for that. Give credit where it is due!
    These are two TEENS who have murdered no one for crying out loud! Its a friggin' entertainment show - not life or death!

walshb wrote: »
    Who is he?

Oops,have relatives named Walshe unrelated to Louis,fortunately.Or is it Michael Louis Vincent? Anyway Walsh is a pseudo...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 eurojedward

The show is about finding those who have the x-factor
    The X Factor of the title refers to the undefinable "something" that makes for star quality
    John and Edward have it. ;)

The show is about finding those who have the x-factor

John and Edward have it. ;)

The drunken Captain Boyle:"An' as it blowed an' blowed,I ofen looked up at the sky an' assed meself the question-what is the stars,what is the stars?" Profound indeed. John and Edward possess that undefinable,inscrutable quality:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

The drunken Captain Boyle:"An' as it blowed an' blowed,I ofen looked up at the sky an' assed meself the question-what is the stars,what is the stars?" Profound indeed. John and Edward possess that undefinable,inscrutable quality:confused:

you talking in riddles?? :confused:

No.A star is a star.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ManofMunster

thought jedward were twats in the prelims but they're growing on me. hope they last a few more weeks with simon losing a candidate or two before they go - just to wreck his head.

thought lloyd actually had a nicer voice when we was hoarse (he can't sing the high notes anyway so at least we were spared that). he should've gone though. that's two weeks in a row the judges have bottled it - this time resulting in the better singer/performance going home.

would love to see jedward murder 'when you say nothing at all' in movie round. though the 'time warp' or some blues brothers (everybody needs somebody to love?) might be more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Does Jamie have nits? I'd love if he had to get his disgusting afro shaved off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Word on the street is that Rachel has been signed in the US by Def Jam records. Nothing solid, she's just been hinting about it on her twitter page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Word on the street is that Rachel has been signed in the US by Def Jam records. Nothing solid, she's just been hinting about it on her twitter page.
    Cheers for that.
    If true, good to hear. I wish her luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fxmx

have to say the twins are growing on me, at least their entertainment!!:DLove, love, love Joe!!!:D anyone know who topped the polls saturday??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Heard on the radio this morning that Jedward are going to be singing
    Ghostbusters
    for movie themed week! Not sure if it's true though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ghostbusters
    That would be pretty good! They could wear the jumpsuits everything!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Ghostbusters
    I almost chocked on my doughnut reading that!! Its brillient :D:D

Rachel cant be offically signed until after the X Factor tour, until then Simon owns them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Jedward seem to be getting blamed for everything

I want Olly to win now he is the most consistant performer and is so likeable just a shame Simon is his mentor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Ghostbusters

It's in today's Herald as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Svalbard wrote: »
    Loved Rachel.
    The montage of her best bits they showed after she was eliminated really showed her at her best.

Lloyd is cute and has a nice voice and all, but Rachel is a potential recording artist.

I do......she was boring. She doesn't have a great voice. Sure she can sing, but not anywhere near like a Leona or Alexandra can. Rachel had no emotion in her voice. I did like her "Rolling on a river" song. She really got into that and was entertaining but I didn't feel any love for her becasue she was so rigid. She had no sex appeal aswell.....unlike Stacey who has a really beautiful emotive voice aswell as being really hot !!
    I want Jedward to win though. They really make me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Aww, I wanted them to do
    Timewarp
    :(

Who wants to bet that Cheryl will learn absolutely nothing from last week, and give Lloyd something with stupid high notes?

Either that...or will give him some Disney/HSM shoite. :mad:

From the quick look we got on Xtra Factor of the girls, it seems Lucie might be doing something soft...I think maybe something like "Colours of the Wind"...although I doubt it.

I think Stacie might end up doing My Heart Will Go On
    I think Ollie would do a brilliant Footloose :)
    Jamie...Eye of the Tiger perhaps? Although I can see Danyl doing that aswell...badly.
    Joe...hmm...Don't know Knowing Cheryl she'll probably give him "Stayin' Alive" or something :rolleyes:

But that's just my €0.02

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I was watching a load of X Factor videos(being boring me :D) and I have to say Louis really gives good advice. Unlike Simon and co he doesn't just take into accout the singing(as we saw with Jedward!) but he comments on people in terms of charisma and looks etc. He knows who their target audience would be and he works for it. Straight off he said about John and Edward being entertaining and he knew people would find them entertaining, he's foreever saying Lloyds looks will keep him in.

I personally feel this year the worst judge is definatly Cheryl. Shes not giving good advice, shes not choosing good songs shes not really doing much for them. I think even though they're have been iffy ones Simon is the best mentor at choosing songs. I know you could argue with Danyl but hes playing to strenghts and its working for him. Dannii I didn't like last year but I think shes doing okay, better than Cheryl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

deise_girl wrote: »
    I was watching a load of X Factor videos(being boring me :D) and I have to say Louis really gives good advice. Unlike Simon and co he doesn't just take into accout the singing(as we saw with Jedward!) but he comments on people in terms of charisma and looks etc. He knows who their target audience would be and he works for it. Straight off he said about John and Edward being entertaining and he knew people would find them entertaining, he's foreever saying Lloyds looks will keep him in.

I personally feel this year the worst judge is definatly Cheryl. Shes not giving good advice, shes not choosing good songs shes not really doing much for them. I think even though they're have been iffy ones Simon is the best mentor at choosing songs. I know you could argue with Danyl but hes playing to strenghts and its working for him. Dannii I didn't like last year but I think shes doing okay, better than Cheryl.

Prob cos she is too busy getting to No 1 in the charts !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Dannii I didn't like last year but I think shes doing okay, better than Cheryl.

I agree, I don't think she's getting enough credit. She could work on giving more constructive advice (as opposed to emotional) but this year she's far better than clueless Cheryl or Simon with his agenda and low tricks. Louis comes as the most professional judge by far even though I don't share his taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I was watching a load of X Factor videos(being boring me ) and I have to say Louis really gives good advice. Unlike Simon and co he doesn't just take into accout the singing(as we saw with Jedward!) but he comments on people in terms of charisma and looks etc. He knows who their target audience would be and he works for it. Straight off he said about John and Edward being entertaining and he knew people would find them entertaining, he's foreever saying Lloyds looks will keep him in.

+1

I know Louis gets an awful slagging and sometimes his lame putdowns towards Simon take away from the stuff he's saying but he really does give good criticism and a lot of encouragement to all the acts.

And I love Danniiiii this year...and this is the first year I've actually liked her! Loved Cheryl last year but she annoys me this year...it's all about Ms Minogue. My boyfriend is actually getting pissed off about how often I comment on how hot Danniiiiii looks...she's my new girl crush :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement