Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

The judges said last week that only a few members of the production company know the actual figures - that they are given them after the final show.

If you believe that you'll believe anything. There is absolutely no way Simon Cowell is not 100% aware of whats going on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

What about little Lloyd! Or is his throat ok?

If these are the correct songs and they do sound very plausible then Olly,Jedward and Stacey will be safe although does anyone else think its time she stepped up to the plate and stood out ???

You can see Danyl prancing around the stage and hitting the high notes of purple rain(& bumming the low notes)so suppose good song choice.Good song choices for Olly,Jedward,Stacey and Joe although could she a picked a more corny boring song !!!

If that is Jamie's song i see what Simon is trying to do but ive got a bad feeling the risk won't work.

Jamie and Lloyd in the bottom 2 me thinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why do people always presume "jealousy" is the reason for people criticising Cheryl Cole, or any good looking celebrity for that matter. A lot of people don't like her. People also criticise Simon and Louis, and jealousy isn't called in those instances!
    Because it's women having a go at Cheryl Cole and the reason is fairly obvious.

The same reason why women bitch amongst themselves about any other women really.

If a girl says "Oh that Simon Cowell, he has such a dreamy chest" you won't find many straight lads who'll jump out with "No! He has man boobs! Ew!"

However, if someone says "That Cheryl Cole is gorgeous" a **** tonne of women immediately start listing her flaws as if they have them learnt by rote. It may not be jealously in all cases, but if nothing else it merely serves to highlight ones own insecurities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Rb wrote: »
    However, if someone says "That Cheryl Cole is gorgeous" a **** tonne of women immediately start listing her flaws as if they have them learnt by rote. It may not be jealously in all cases, but if nothing else it merely serves to highlight ones own insecurities.

Duh. I believe Cheryl looks gorgeous all right! At the same time she is simply not qualified to judge or mentor and barely qualified to sing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Just on the note of Cheryl thats not her real hair!!! Had to say it. I used really like her, she seemed cool but I think shes a poor judge and showing she is kinda bit*hy. I can't and wont take away that she is very pretty, probably what got her through popstars. :eek: I said it.

I listened to Joes song now... Errmm theres very little singing in it, it's mainly the chanting in the background.. Then theres loads of pauses and repitition. Seems like enotehr bad choice Cheryl.

I think Stacey should do well in her song, provided shes not a one trick pony.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Cheryl is suffering from 2nd season syndrome!!! Has happened to the likes of Wigan,Reading and Birmingham before !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

herya wrote: »
    Duh. I believe Cheryl looks gorgeous all right! At the same time she is simply not qualified to judge or mentor and barely qualified to sing.
    You're not supposed to listen to her...

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The same reason why women bitch amongst themselves about any other women really.

If a girl says "Oh that Simon Cowell, he has such a dreamy chest" you won't find many straight lads who'll jump out with "No! He has man boobs! Ew!"

As much as you like to think you're so sure about how women's minds work, I'm afraid to tell you that you're mistaken! In some cases anyway. I think Cheryl's beautiful, flawless, sexy. I loved her last year on the X Factor. However, this year she's my least favourite judge and annoys me.

If my boyfriend or any of my male friends comments on how well she looks though, I'll agree with them! Most of my female friends feel the same way.

And most men *don't* have a go because they can't see beyond the good looks.

I find the jealousy argument quite funny really. You don't need to address any of the valid arguments people make about her lack of singing talent and music knowledge and instead you get to base your entire counter argument on what she looks like. Thats actually quite sad.

Anyway..

I think Jamie will be in trouble this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Ive clicked into Danyl Johnsons twitter a couple of times.. he tweets alot. Hes been tweeting a group called 'antidanyl'. Funny banter going on between them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Come on ladies, don't shoot the messenger, I'm only speaking on behalf of everyone who can see things for how they actually are :pac:

Lloyd to go this week I think. Jamie could indeed be in trouble, however if Danyl goes OTT with Purple Rain, which I expect him to do considering his pre-"misery" performances, he could easily find himself in the bottom two as it's clear that that's not what people want from him.

It's a shame he's acting like such a dick and is doing the same thing to every song he gets, because the stuff the website he made actually isn't bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Come on ladies, don't shoot the messenger, I'm only speaking on behalf of everyone who can see things for how they actually are :pac:
    :rolleyes: I don't need a 'messenger' to inform me of my feelings towards Cheryl, thanks.
    Plenty of guys who can see beyond their horniness don't like her either, would you put that down to jealousy as well? I suppose so, apparently there's nothing remotely dislikeable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I cant stand cheryl. I dont find anything special about her looks. Anyone with a team of make up artists can look half decent. Pity she doesnt have a cop on coach cos she is such an annoying tool.
    Im hoping staci or lloyd win it.

seanybiker wrote: »
    I cant stand cheryl. I dont find anything special about her looks. Anyone with a team of make up artists can look half decent. Pity she doesnt have a cop on coach cos she is such an annoying tool.
    Im hoping staci or lloyd win it.

Ah you were doing so well! :P

Heard Lloyd was singing Footloose...
    Cheryl trying to get him voted off?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,248 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just to say, Danyl is a class above anything else on the show. even when he's cr*p, and depressed, he's better than everyone else; more natural charisma in his little toenail than the rest of them.

the only ones close are maybe Joe, and on a really exceptional night, Jamie.

but he won't win.

and it will be a travesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Lucie Jones – This Is Me from the movie Camp Rock

Lloyd Daniels – Footloose from the movie Footloose

JP Liz wrote: »

She has the right voice for the song, but it's really not a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I think Ollie is going to ROCK Twist and Shout :):)

I'm really starting to like him actually!

He's not going to win though...maybe around 4th place.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

SlickRic wrote: »
    just to say, Danyl is a class above anything else on the show. even when he's cr*p, and depressed, he's better than everyone else; more natural charisma in his little toenail than the rest of them.

Hi Danyl

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

phasers wrote: »
    Hi Danyl

That couldn't be Danyl - he didn't swallow the mic as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 starfish1

lloyd singing footloose should be really good....maybe he'll even do a back flip

he probably won't go this weekend but he really should

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

the only ones close are maybe Joe, and on a really exceptional night, Jamie.

but he won't win.

and it will be a travesty.

I agree in regards to the charisma, even though I don't think he's a great singer it's him along with Jedward that I have the most interest in seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

So Danyls meant to be singin purple rain?

It's gonna be a sham, I hope Danni has the balls to rip off Simon's line at Ruth when she did Summertime

Was it as good as the Leona version? No
    [Cos it was better!]

c'mon Danni!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Charisma? Seriously?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

JP Liz wrote: »

Love the song actually.
    But I think it's kinda big for her. Maybe she'll tone it down abit or something because Demi Lovato belts it out (in a good way) and I dunno if Lucie would be able to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

Love the song actually.
    But I think it's kinda big for her. Maybe she'll tone it down abit or something because Demi Lovato belts it out (in a good way) and I dunno if Lucie would be able to do that.

yeah i love that song too but i actually think lucie and demi's voice sound similar!
    i think she will sing it just like demi did in the the film. it's strange how she isn't singing like the way she did in the auditions anymore though..
    she sang kind of softly back then but in the live shows now she isn't :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Anyone know what Jedward are singing? What's tonights theme?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Quint wrote: »

They are supposed to be singing Ghostbusters. Tonight's theme is movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Quint wrote: »

Movie theme 2nite - they are singing the Ghostbusters theme tune!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement