Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

Given Lloyd's target audience (i.e. 13 year old girls) it makes zero sense that they didn't give him something from HSM or something like that, or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

No I mean just in general. Someone should sing it. I'll give them a tenner.

John & Edward :D.

But Ghostbusters seems like one that just can't be beat :).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Not if he was singing it, in fairness.

But it's the kinda song he could've pulled off without really singing it as such. So it probably would've suited him better.

I think he actually can sing, just Cheryl is just shite at picking songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,877 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Also, how you can say the film which paid tribute to the dance video will live longer than said dance video is a bit baffling.
    I simply made reference to the scene.. that's not what I mean. The humour in the film is still as witty and biting today as it was when it was first released.

The same can't be said for Thriller's 17 non-stop play on the radio on one day a year!

Just my opinion though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Rb wrote: »
    Jesus this thread is seriously fast moving!

Not as fast as Cheryl Coles husband with the females behind her back though! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Something from HSM or Footloose would have required him to dance, (and they would have suited his voice better) and not just stand - how confident would he be dancing, maybe that why the song was changed??

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Given Lloyd's target audience (i.e. 13 year old girls) it makes zero sense that they didn't give him something from HSM or something like that, or is it just me?

Yeah but Eoghann Quigg did that last year and they're already extremely similar to each other. But it might have been better since many of those HSM songs don't have high notes in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Here's Jamie's swan-song

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Jamie and Simon are supposed to be arguing a lot behind the scenes...well according to the papers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Changeing his song again!? Fook sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,877 ✭✭✭✭Basq

A song from Gummo? Christ... obscure much!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

You tell'em Louis!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Thought he said it was his song?

thats what i thought he said as well..

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Ann22 wrote: »
    Jamie and Simon are supposed to be arguing a lot behind the scenes...well according to the papers anyway.

Tension alrite in the preview bit alrite! Second week Simon changed the song, hard on Jamie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That Lloyd performance was cringe inducing, hope he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I hate Simon.
    I don't exactly like Jamie as a singer but what he's doing to Jamie is seriously unfair by switching songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Grrrrrrr:mad:
    Simon is ruining Jamie.

O GAWDDDDD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

basquille wrote: »
    I simply made reference to the scene.. that's not what I mean. The humour in the film is still as witty and biting today as it was when it was first released.

The same can't be said for Thriller's 17 non-stop play on the radio on one day a year!

Just my opinion though!

Well they're both incredibly different things though and I don't think are really comparable. Thriller will always be legendary and Ferris Bueller will be up there with the other great John Hughes film. Your comment of "Eh? Do yourself a favour..." seemed to suggest you were under the impression that the dancing had nothing to do with Thriller. Hence the confusion.

Anyway, thats all off-topic.. :)

I really don't see the attraction of this guy. He's a píss-poor singer and I dont find him likeable at all. Thats so out of tune..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Who else thinks simon "changing" jamie's song is to gain sympathy?

• Advertisement

Jaysus this is woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Jamie threatened to walk aparently. He's pissed off with Simon and this song changing rubbish. Also, Bon Jove offered him a support slot (according to the Herald) but due to his contract he can't go.

*HelllLLllloooOOoooo.* Eugh Jamie stfu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Jamie's not actually very good, is he?

Jeasus H christ

OFF OFF OFF

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Gosh this is boring :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Simon...picking an unknown movie, and unknown song....

Idiot

It's a crap song aswell...and clearly a crap movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,825 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

/yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

He's probably changing the songs to sabotage him so his other sap Danyl wins.

And there's his move; Bends over really low with one arm in the air. And he finishes with the arms in the air! Soooo predictable!

• Advertisement

Fcuk me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement