Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

^^ lmao!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Ive said it before... John and Edward are NOT kids. They are 18 years old. They are adults. Lucie hasn't been marketed as a 'Youngster' and im pretty sure she's younger than them?
    While i defend the twins and agree they are entertaining etc, i have to disagree when people refer to them as kids or boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sweetalice

Biggins wrote: »
    mulhern is making a LOT of sence.
    A few thoughts on Jon and Edward:
    Everyone's saying that nobody will go out and spend money on a Jon and Edward Cd...most people illegally download music now and spend their money on PERFORMANCE, and Jon and Edward's true talent is in performance. Every week, despite no formal training whatsover, they bound out onto that stage in front of millions of people and give that performance their all. If they can give that commitment to their act at this early stage of their careers, then who knows what will follow?
    Secondly, when the Sex Pistols burst onto the scene in 1978, I don't recall any of their fans demanding that they go out and get singing lessons. Attitude and commitment was the important thing then and still is.
    Thirdly, in the middle of this dreary recession, when we are being bombarded with crap about how we're all going to be homeless in six months, thank God for J & E and their relentless good nature in the face of the awful British Press. I love their undying optimism and enthusiasm and the way their performances and interviews make me break out in a smile. (Just like Simon and Cheryl during tonight's performance.)
    And what about their eccentricity? They have a sense of style which is truly their own, they are OBSESSED with the cheesy teen music of the 1990's, they're live on their own distant planet J & E...completely different from all the mini cardboard cutouts the X-Factor usually wheels out.
    I don't know why everyone always says Jon and Edward will make great childrens' tv presenters when they're obviously one of a kind and destined to go on to great, STRANGE things!
    Just my tuppence worth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

wantolose wrote: »
    Those little horrors NEED TO GO:mad:
    Yeah, writing things in a large font makes them true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aoifematty

John and Edward put a smile on my face every weekend.At least we can forget about recessions,unemployment etc for a while when watching them.They're fun.Good luck to them!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

*Massage ... DONE!*

Lmao! I thought I couldn't love the twins more.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Lmao John and Edward with the masks!

will she ask him did he really threaten to walk??????/

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Looks like something fairly serious happened between Simon & Jamie, told off "like a father" would suggest that someone is getting too big for his boots and had to be brought back down to earth.

• Advertisement

He didnt really deny it!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Hmmmmmm not believing James denial, I can totally see him threatening to walk out over another song mess up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

mariaf24 wrote: »
    Ive said it before... John and Edward are NOT kids. They are 18 years old. They are adults. Lucie hasn't been marketed as a 'Youngster' and im pretty sure she's younger than them?
    While i defend the twins and agree they are entertaining etc, i have to disagree when people refer to them as kids or boys.

They act a lot younger than they are. They have ADHD I think, so are very bouncy. Gives the impression of them being very young. And they wear their heart on their sleeves, and talk general gibbirish which makes them seem very naive. Louis is making them child friendly.

Grown men are in love with Lucie so she won't ever seem childish or be pacakaged in a childish way. Luice is older than them.

mulhern straight to the point! love it!

i agree about him maybe getting to big for his boots. simon probably put him back in his box during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

o1s1n wrote: »
    I don't find Dustin funny either and I wouldnt exactly go out and buy a Jedward cd.

What I love seeing is Irish people/acts tearing the absolute piss out of events which some people take hand on heart serious. It really shows up how idiotic it can be.

I mean these people are booing children. Fairly insane scary behavior..!

They arent exactly children now are they? They are 18 years old. They are getting booed quite simply because they are poor singers. I just dont find it amusing at all but each to their own I suppose and I do have a sense of humour.
    Once this show finally ends these twins will be quickly forgotten about very quickly IMO.

They arent exactly children now are they? They are 18 years old. They are getting booed quite simply because they are poor singers. I just dont find it amusing at all but each to their own I suppose and I do have a sense of humour.
    Once this show finally ends these twins will be quickly forgotten about very quickly IMO.
    Thats what I used think. Maybe, maybe as singers but I think tv presenting or tv ads would be offerd to them. I think they'll get something out of all this, not sure exactly what yet though :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

mariaf24 wrote: »
    He didnt really deny it!!

True.
    Did he throw a temper tantrum I wonder!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

If the twins get forgotten then you can safely say that every other act will be too (other than the winner of course :P but they could win it soooo...).

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    They act a lot younger than they are. They have ADHD I think, so are very bouncy. Gives the impression of them being very young. And they wear their heart on their sleeves, and talk general gibbirish which makes them seem very naive. Louis is making them child friendly.

Grown men are in love with Lucie so she won't ever seem childish or be pacakaged in a childish way. Luice is older than them.
    Exactly. Lucie is "sexy", grown men fancy her, could/would have sex with her etc.
    Grown women would/should have no interest in having sex with John and/or Edward, simply because they're not "men" in the sense that Lucie is a "woman".

The American guy who was 18 and a good looking lad would be the male equivilant of Lucie and noone would be talking of him in the way John & Edward are spoken of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I was listening to a PR manager today on the TV.
    According to him, they are a goldmine.
    He said he had no doubts that they will make as much money now be they win it or not as well.

• Advertisement

As mean as it sounds coz I'm a big John and Edward fan to refer to them as 'men' gives me the giggles!!

Oh and hot American guy was Ethian :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 eurojedward

I must be getting old but to me lucie looks like a 16 year old girl with a very boyish figure!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 starfish1

i know they shouldn't win it but x factor will be so boring without jedward :D

danyl looks really scary when he smiles

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

DEFINITELY THE BEST PERFORMANCE YET!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

If the twins get forgotten then you can safely say that every other act will be too (other than the winner of course :P but they could win it soooo...).

They are probably nailed on to win the whole thing judging by this thread:eek: :p Have only watched two live shows so maybe they will grow on me but after tonight and the "oops I did it again" performance I dont see how.;)

Plenty of John and Edward fans :D

deise_girl wrote: »
    As mean as it sounds coz I'm a big John and Edward fan to refer to them as 'men' gives me the giggles!!

Oh and hot American guy was Ethian :)
    Ah yeah, that was him. Good looking guy, could sing too, surprised Cheryl didn't pick him.

It just finally clicked after weeks of "wtfs", Stacey reminds me of Jar Jar Binks from StarWars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a185672/jamie-archer-threatens-to-quit-x-factor.html

This is why Jamie threatened to walk!

Better performances tonight than last week! Loving Olly at the moment

• Advertisement

aww Lloyds about to cry!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement