Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sweetalice

Rb wrote: »
    Ah yeah, that was him. Good looking guy, could sing too, surprised Cheryl didn't pick him.

It just finally clicked after weeks of "wtfs", Stacey reminds me of Jar Jar Binks from StarWars.
    Is it just me or is Danyl's tongue really off-putting, like a ginormous yellow spoon stuffed into his mouth when he hits the high notes??? EEEEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

They are probably nailed on to win the whole thing judging by this thread:eek: :p Have only watched two live shows so maybe they will grow on me but after tonight and the "oops I did it again" performance I dont see how.;)

Oh, they will :).

They've grown on most people here anyways :D.

Lads, what are the numbers for Jedward?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Once this show finally ends these twins will be quickly forgotten about very quickly IMO.

Initially, I posted it a while back and can't find it, I thought that Louis put them through because he knew they wouldn't be signed by Simon, but would get some fame. He could keep them for himself and market them in Ireland, they could play the Childline concert and I reckon be pretty huge on the Chrstmas panto scene.

Even a novelty single released over here would do well, along the lines of Dustin for Eurovision or Maniac 2000. He knows the Irish appreciate a good laugh and a take the piss attitude. Which many British don't have, hence the booing.

They could end up presenting on the Den or something. But I do think they'll be around for a while over here at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Ahh he can't sing for sh!te but he seems a sweet lad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"Best grandson ever!!"

Poor Lloyd's baby brother :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

To answer someone that didnt read my two of my previous posts.
    We can not vote tonight!!!

starfish1 wrote: »
    danyl looks really scary when he smiles

Eugh, I know horrific. His eyes disappear. It's a shame because he's really good looking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

good timing. over to graham notron on tv3 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

deise_girl wrote: »
    To answer someone that didnt read my two of my previous posts.
    We can not vote tonight!!!
    People were far too frank about it recently, it's clear Simon is reading and picked up on the loop hole :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Initially, I posted it a while back and can't find it, I thought that Louis put them through because he knew they wouldn't be signed by Simon, but would get some fame. He could keep them for himself and market them in Ireland, they could play the Childline concert and I reckon be pretty huge on the Chrstmas panto scene.

Even a novelty single released over here would do well, along the lines of Dustin for Eurovision or Maniac 2000. He knows the Irish appreciate a good laugh and a take the piss attitude. Which many British don't have, hence the booing.

They could end up presenting on the Den or something. But I do think they'll be around for a while over here at least.

Yeah the Brits really don't have a sense of humour. Can't believe they boo Jedward every week. Get a sense of humour ya knobs!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

sweetalice wrote: »
    A few thoughts on Jon and Edward:
    Everyone's saying that nobody will go out and spend money on a Jon and Edward Cd...most people illegally download music now and spend their money on PERFORMANCE, and Jon and Edward's true talent is in performance. Every week, despite no formal training whatsover, they bound out onto that stage in front of millions of people and give that performance their all. If they can give that commitment to their act at this early stage of their careers, then who knows what will follow?
    Secondly, when the Sex Pistols burst onto the scene in 1978, I don't recall any of their fans demanding that they go out and get singing lessons. Attitude and commitment was the important thing then and still is.
    Thirdly, in the middle of this dreary recession, when we are being bombarded with crap about how we're all going to be homeless in six months, thank God for J & E and their relentless good nature in the face of the awful British Press. I love their undying optimism and enthusiasm and the way their performances and interviews make me break out in a smile. (Just like Simon and Cheryl during tonight's performance.)
    And what about their eccentricity? They have a sense of style which is truly their own, they are OBSESSED with the cheesy teen music of the 1990's, they're live on their own distant planet J & E...completely different from all the mini cardboard cutouts the X-Factor usually wheels out.
    I don't know why everyone always says Jon and Edward will make great childrens' tv presenters when they're obviously one of a kind and destined to go on to great, STRANGE things!
    Just my tuppence worth!
    Well said!
    Yeah the Brits really don't have a sense of humour. Can't believe they boo Jedward every week. Get a sense of humour ya knobs!

Couldn't agree more!
    The boo-ers need to kop themselves on!
    Its entertainment - not life or death!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

I reckon they're like Zig and Zag personified

Louis a couple weeks ago: "Simon once signed an act called Zig and Zag, these boys are better"

Terrible thing is there was no sarcasm in his voice :P

I still love them though, they cheer everyone up.... JEDWARD FOR EUROVISION lol

http://www.facebook.com/social_graph.php?node_id=165921618269&start=10#/group.php?gid=165921618269&ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Who was the best/worst tonight?

Best...I don't think I need to say but I will anyway.......JEDWARD

worst....hmmmmm

Joe McEldrey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Nic'name wrote: »
    worst....hmmmmm

Joe McEldrey

:eek: Are you mad?

Were you out of the room when Lloyd or Jamie sang? :confused:

Yeah Lloyd wasn't the best neither was Jamie but I don't think Simon gives a flying feck about him so I feel sorry for him. I like Joe but I think he'd have a great career in theatre. He's too bland for me.

Nic'name wrote: »
    Best...I don't think I need to say but I will anyway.......JEDWARD

worst....hmmmmm

Joe McEldrey
    I read the first line, thought you were great!

Then I read the second line, I am quite upset! Joes amazing how could you say he was the worst??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Jamie was good tonight I thought. I like when he does slow stuff and shows off his voice :)

Did ya see Louis slagging off Dermot? Apparently Dermot is "just a presenter"

Though Dermot was well able for him! I like Dermot :D:D:D

• Advertisement

This is hilarious! (The Jedward haters will love it too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Best:Lucy
    Worst:Jamie

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

1. Joe
    2. Lucie
    3. Olly
    4. Danyl
    5.Stacey
    6. Jamie
    7. Lloyd
    8. Jedward

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a185744/twins-we-just-want-people-to-love-us.html
    Awww I feel all sad now :(

I want to send fanmail, provided they get through tomrrow *fingers crossed*
    If anyone knows the X Factor house address please pm me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Those twins are blooming awful but I must confess I found their act entertaining viewing. Ugh, I hate myself. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

On tonight's performances:

1. Jedward
    2. Olly
    3. Danyl
    4. Stacey
    5. Lucie
    6. Joe
    7. Jamie
    8. Llyod

Really want to see Llyod and Jamie in the bottom two tomorrow night...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

deise_girl wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a185744/twins-we-just-want-people-to-love-us.html
    Awww I feel all sad now :(

I want to send fanmail, provided they get through tomrrow *fingers crossed*
    If anyone knows the X Factor house address please pm me :D
    That headline says its all, they're just attention seekin bxstards

I dont care if people think they're entertainin, its a show about vocal talent, and some of us like watchin the show for that reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

unreggd wrote: »
    That headline says its all, they're just attention seekin bxstards

I dont care if people think they're entertainin, its a show about vocal talent, and some of us like watchin the show for that reason
    You do realise they don't choose the headlines that the paper uses, right?

Oh and obviously you and the rest of the people who "watch it for vocal talent" are in your minority, seeing as Rachel got the boot last week, Rikki got the boot over Lloyd etc and the twins have succeeded every week. So it seems more people care about the entertainment than "vocal talent", and maybe they don't care for your opinion on the vocal talent?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

I agree Unreggd but then IMO it's a Plastic Show for Plastic People

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

I loved Jamie last night, been years since i heard that song, good old roy!

Twins, well they were the flippin, bloody well the best, had me doing a little chair dance to the song, suited them. It was good fun, just like the two of them!

Who you goin to call................. X-Factor, to vote for our twins:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement