Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭muffinhead

deise_girl wrote: »
    I want to send fanmail, provided they get through tomrrow *fingers crossed*
    If anyone knows the X Factor house address please pm me :D

Jedward Grimes, 15 West Heath Avenue, Golders Green, London, NW11 7QS, UK. Don't forget the airmail sticker ;) !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Namlub wrote: »
    I'm pretty proud of the fact I don't know this song, tbh.
    My two 6 year olds sang every word along with her :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Llyod was woeful last night.. Hmm the twins were so funny , hope they stay another week..

For me the bottom two tonight will be , Stacey and Llyod, and the judges will save Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Did anyone think that Lucie is starting to talk in the same way as Stacey, i really picked up on it last night!

yeah i thought that to... poor stacey everyone wants her personalitly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Lloyd was terrible last night he has to be in the botton 2 tonight

Does Simon not care about his other two acts Olly (who imo was brillant last night) and Jamie (also love his version of Crying) he seems to keep harping on about Danyl (his version of Purple Rain wasnt a patch on Ruth's version from last year)

Sometimes the backing music and dancers and stage design takes away from the contestants - is Brian responsible for this also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Agreed, I felt very little towards Danyl's version, Ruth wipes the floor with him.

I reckon Cheryl is in for a rough ride tonight, Lloyd and Joe for the bottom two. I think Jamie has done enough to stay out of it.

brian did a fantastic job with the twins and olly to some extent , he does so every week.

Thought the dancers for joe's performance was a bit meh!..

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Agreed, I felt very little towards Danyl's version, Ruth wipes the floor with him.

I reckon Cheryl is in for a rough ride tonight, Lloyd and Joe for the bottom two. I think Jamie has done enough to stay out of it.
    ya cant help Danyl for underplaying it tho , cause if he was to do a performance say like ruth did last year to that song, he would be accused of being cocky and arrogant

the poor bloke just cant catch a break with people, if he under plays it.. he is accused of loosing his mojo and looking defeated, if he goes out there and smashes it, he is accused of being cocky and up himself.... and then when he prefroms somewhere in the middle of those two i.e last night... he is getting slack aswell..

imo whatever he does, people are never going to be happy with him.. which is a shame cause he is a fantastic singer

Loved Danyl new hair, makes him look more hubba hubba!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

emo!! wrote: »
    ya cant help Danyl for underplaying it tho , cause if he was to do a performance say like ruth did last year to that song, he would be accused of being cocky and arrogant

the poor bloke just cant catch a break with people, if he under plays it.. he is accused of loosing his mojo and looking defeated, if he goes out there and smashes it, he is accused of being cocky and up himself.... and then when he prefroms somewhere in the middle of those two i.e last night... he is getting slack aswell..

imo whatever he does, people are never going to be happy with him.. which is a shame cause he is a fantastic singer

That's not why I don't like him, I don't pay attention to the media, I don't like him because IMHO he cannot sing the low notes of songs. He either sings out of tune or ignores the melody. Now if he could remedy that, then he would walk the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I didn't think Lucie did a lot last night to warrant all the praise heaped on her. To me she is forgettable every week. My daughter is mad for all that Jonas brothers songs and to be honest she didn't add anything to it all that my own daughter couldn't have done...Only my opinion
    I honestly thought that Simon would slaughter her:confused:
    I must agree with joe's girl.... I also thought that she was trying to do a Stacie impression

Lloyd bless him is a nice young lad but his voice is just not strong enough.

Public will certainly keep the twins in just to annoy Simon further and also to see what they come up with next week. That said I think that Simon is copping onto the fact that the more he rants on about them the more likely it is that the public will keep them in. That is the reason I think behind his quasi-kind remarks about them last night:D
    He's no fool is Simon..

Have loved Joe all along but thought the song last night was not great for him.
    Where the hell does Cheryl get off harping on about Dannyl being cocky all the time???????? This coming from a reality tv product herself who has punched and racially abused toilet attendants in the past. Dannyl should tell her that she is in no position to comment on the way other people carry themselves....
    She's starting to annoy the hell out of me!!!:mad:
    Meh,,, rant over, sorry about that

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

My internet connection went when J&E came on, and I was very very annoyed :mad::mad:

Anyway, I think people need to give the lads a break and quit the childish booing - they come out week after week and give a huge performance; besides learning their song, they always have a huge dance routine to master. The amount of sh*t they have to deal with, the hate mail, the articles in the newspapers about them - imagine what the lads are going through and what their family is going through having to read that about them, and it began back in the judges houses! I still think Louis is a bit of a an idiot for putting them through, but in fairness, they have risen to the challenge admirably.

Obviously people in Britain are voting them in, so like them or loathe them, they are doing well.

I read this about last weeks Queen performance
    According to some reports John and Edward ‘murdered’ the Queen classic We Will Rock You on Saturday night, and Simon Cowell predicted the performance would destroy Queen’s career. But guitar-god Brian May, who wrote the anthem, has come out in defence of Jedward claiming he’s heard far worse renditions of his song.
    “I thought they put so much energy and life into it,” he told The Sun newspaper: “God bless, and good luck to them!”
    In a week that has seen Louis compare his group to Madonna, and Peaches Geldoff wear a ‘Jed We Can’ t-shirt in support of the duo... perhaps a change is in the air for our madcap twins with the spiked-up hair.

I have found that Danyl just gets on my nerves even though I was a fan of his at the start, he has become a one trick pony hitting a big note at the end. IIts the same thing, and every week, we are just waiting until he eats the mic. If he could change it up, just sing a song straight through rather than starting to shout at the end like he has done every week. He seems weak on the low notes, and can hit the high ones

I'd have loved to see Stacey do I'm Alive from Stuart Little, but I love her voice, and I'd buy a CD of hers. If we could limit her talking, we'd be grand:p. LOL at her talking back at Simon as well!

Lloyd was brutal, and if right was right, he should go 2nite. However, as we have seen, the worst singer doesn't necessarily go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Dear Jeasus NOOOOOOO
    Cheryl Cole is being pursued for a guest spot in the next series of Doctor Who, according to a report in The Mirror today.

The X Factor judge has yet to sign a deal with the show but could play "a big part" in the fifth series, which is currently being filmed in Wales. An insider told the newspaper: "If she can find the time, a part will be written for her."

A BBC spokesperson refused to deny the speculation, saying: "The BBC will not be commenting on casting or storyline speculation for the new series of Doctor Who."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s7/doctorwho/news/a185130/cheryl-cole-linked-to-doctor-who.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I agree Unreggd but then IMO it's a Plastic Show for Plastic People

Woooooo!! Go team Plastic!! I LOVE plastic!

Also... Go JEDWARD!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Simon is so annoying this year and last

He's constantly contradicting himself

I hate how he makes it all about his group

Standing ovation for Danyl? Fxck off! Not a patch on Ruth's version

He put it to deadlock last week because people "arent getting" Rachel, but then he says the same about Danyl, but he needs lots of help. HACK!

Also, the whole point of the sing-off is to get a second chance where it's due
    Comments on the production and clothing are pointless, that can be changed

But then when he wants to boot someone he says somethin like "This is why I'm glad we have the sing off, so we can decide based on this final performance"

I actually think hes goin a bit koo-koo!

Liked Lucie's song. Simon is clearly tryin to break into that Highschool Musical market, but it never worked with Same Diff or Eoghan Quigg

I think Joe is the best male singer there. He always has good songs and performs em well

I like Stacey, but she hasnt had any great performances, bar the big note in At Last. I dunno why Danni's puttin her in that Coldplay / Keane mode

She should sing more songs like her Audition, or do that song, the whole version

I like Olly, but again, he's a TAD overdramatic
    [pullin his shirt open last week was a cringe fest]

Never saw anything special about Jamie tbh

All in all, its a very off year this year

and the sound engineerin is atrocious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

I love watchin john and edward on the show.

People who say they are just depriving a good singer of a place - the x factor is not a public service they don't owe anyone anything... its a business... and jedward are keeping the public intrested (more revenue).

What do these people want? another lucy, another joe, another jamie archer.... booooooooring!!!

They are just too decent, happy kids... the thought of people angrily abusing them on the street makes me really angry.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Is anybody else really impressed with Dannii as a judge this year? While all the other judges are picking fights with each left, right and centre - Dannii remains out of it and gives the acts true honest judgement.

And the other judges (probably with exception to Louis) say ambivalent things like, "It's missing something - but I don't know what" yet Dannii actually sits there and tells the acts how they can improve for next week (e.g. when she told Danyl to stop screaming at the end of songs, but instead to 'use' his voice).

Actually, I think the idea of categories on X-Factor should be dropped. It's disgusting to see Simon praise his acts every time. Danyl's performance last week was atrocious, yet he defended it, but called Joe McElderry's performance slightly limp and musical-theatre like. I'd love to know what Simon would've said to Danyl if he was in somebody else's category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I have found that Danyl just gets on my nerves even though I was a fan of his at the start, he has become a one trick pony hitting a big note at the end. IIts the same thing, and every week, we are just waiting until he eats the mic. If he could change it up, just sing a song straight through rather than starting to shout at the end like he has done every week. He seems weak on the low notes, and can hit the high ones

With you 100% there, same style song every week. Simon giving a standing ovation every week, it's pathetic. Obviously told to tone down his cockyness to get the public vote. I really hope he goes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I have found that Danyl just gets on my nerves even though I was a fan of his at the start, he has become a one trick pony hitting a big note at the end. IIts the same thing, and every week, we are just waiting until he eats the mic. If he could change it up, just sing a song straight through rather than starting to shout at the end like he has done every week. He seems weak on the low notes, and can't hit the high ones

Fixed that for ya! :D

Great minds rebelgirl... I posted that nearly word for word a couple of weeks ago! :D I really don't see how the public aren't seeing this! Even the judges are telling him to tone down the big notes, Cheryl said she was over it. They are starting to see that a powerful voice doesn't equal a good singer. Simon is on another planet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

dermot said joe in his opinion was a well rounded pop star, louis said im a judge and your not , dermot said well to be fair the public are the real judges

For a couple of weeks Dermot has been slagging off Louis, and siding with Simon, Louis was right to stick in him, Dermot should keep his mouth shut, as Louis said he is not a judge!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Jamie was good tonight I thought. I like when he does slow stuff and shows off his voice :)

Did ya see Louis slagging off Dermot? Apparently Dermot is "just a presenter"

Though Dermot was well able for him! I like Dermot :D:D:D

Dermot is seriously getting on my nerves this year, he is an idiot.

Him and his stupid boody accent.

Louis is right , his job is presenting the show, leave the opinions on the performers to the people who know the most and lets not kid ourselves here its Louis and Simon. Cheryl and Danni dont have a clue.

I do like Jamie Afro however.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Biggins wrote: »

What do you mean NOOOOOO? That sounds wanktastic... ;)

whycliff wrote: »
    Dermot is seriously getting on my nerves this year, he is an idiot.
    Louis is right , his job is presenting the show, leave the opinions on the performers to the people who know the most and lets not kid ourselves here its Louis and Simon. Cheryl and Danni dont have a clue.

Agree with the above. Dermot is getting too big for his boots.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I used really like Dermot but I agree this year he's starting to push into where he he isn't needed Louis is right at the end of the day he is just a presenter, who is meant to be neutral.

I was reading on another site, a guy said who was in the bottom 2 an hour or two before the results were announced. Guesswork or insider? He says the twins are safe at the moment. And that Lloyd is in trouble, then theres 4 others that have a chance being in the bottom 2. He didn't mention who though.

So yeh I just read it off another site but of course theres a huge chance it's all made up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Dermot is ok but can be irritating at times. I think Kate Thornton was a better host.

What do you mean NOOOOOO? That sounds wanktastic... ;)

With her mimed singing and clearly only looks good naked on a poster, I dread to think what her acting skills are like.
    Mind you she might surprise us and appear on it naked. Yea right! :D

2w20x2v.jpg

Sorry but i think Dermot is just doing his job, i see nothing wrong with him. He is funny, always there with a hug, And he comes from Wexford, whats there not to like:)

Dermot is ok but can be irritating at times. I think Kate Thornton was a better host.

Yep, she was good aswell, but the whole hand thing bugged the hell out of me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

joes girls wrote: »
    Did anyone think that Lucie is starting to talk in the same way as Stacey, i really picked up on it last night!

Noooooo! Come on, she's only 18 and she's on tv and she's excited, why would you begrudge her from showing it a little! And anyway, all she said was something like "Oh my god, it was brilliant, I love that song" (can't find a damn youtube clip showing it :rolleyes:)

Stacey is on a different level altogether. A very annoying level.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement