Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Backlash? :o

I just wanna hug em :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Backlash, for fook sake... fair play to the 2 boys...

my faith in Dermot is restored, if you dont like them dont boo them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Daysha wrote: »
    LOL

You watch the X Factor!!!

Aww theyre crying :( Same! "Back...." Aww you gotta love them :)
    Dermot being nice.

But Jedward are going to get **** from the public!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The whole thing was always a ratings scam. X Factor was never about the best singer. Mark my words, John and Edward will make it to the final or very close but they won't win. I feel sorry for Lucie though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ridiculous. Simon Cowell wants the 2 lads in there for the controversy...not their talent (or lack of).

Lucie is by far and away a better singer than Jedward could ever hope to be. Simon is a wuss and that's the last time I'll watch this show....total and utter fix. Just ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rollerdisco

TV moment of the century

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

cant you all see this is a trick by simon. he knows that if he lets the public vote then Jedward will stay so he's getting rid of all the stronger acts in the other categories so that his acts have a better chance of winning!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

The poor wee pets - 'Backlash?' They're up there and they haven't a tither of wit.
    In saying that, I'm sorry for Lucie, great singer, disgrace that she's gone. I don't think she's smug.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

why are the people booing? if they wanted to save lucie, vote for her! not enough voted, so shes gone. simple.

If justice was really done tonight the bottom 2 would be lloyd and jamie.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

It's all about simon making his acts look better come on. He still has 3 left he would rather the over 35's be up against jedward.. That is my opinion oh and the ratings thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

This'll be interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I will not rest until Lloyd is kicked off the show, until he leaves nobody has any right to slag Jedward off for being bad singers. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    What please explain? How do you know she was being smug? Just because she wasn't bawling when she walked back onto the stage doesn't mean she deserves to be called smug.

That's true actually. She sang incredibly well in comparison to either in the sing off last week. She deserves to be proud of her final performance I think. At least she went out on a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Danni deserves a slap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The most ironic thing about this is that Cowell has done Jedward absolutely no favours. The tabloid media are really going to have their way with them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

basquille wrote: »
    Good man Dermot!
    Biggins wrote: »
    FCUK off Dermot!
    What'd he say??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

STFU Dannii

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

One word...Ratings

Shameless stuff from Cowell. He said before the sing off it was going to be judged on this one performance, past forgotten etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Dani has gone down yet again in my opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭youtheman

I predicted (to my family) that J&E would be in the final two, and that Danni & Simon would vote them off, Louis would vote then on and Cheryl would falter and put it to the public, where they would be saved.

But I didn't think Simon would be such a hypocrite. I do predict, however, that he has put a nail in his own coffin, by which I mean that the X-factor has probably run its course. It is nothing more than a Circus where the four 'judges' are the main 'stars', and the contestants are just cannon fodder.

Regarding J&E, I believe they will live to regret X-factor. If I was their parents I would have said (at this stage), time for the Circus to stop and time to get back to school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Namlub wrote: »
    What'd he say??

"If you don't like them, don't vote for them. But don't boo them!"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,879 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Namlub wrote: »
    What'd he say??
    Dermot said something along the lines of:

"If you don't like 'em, don't vote for them. But don't boo them.. they're only 17!"

Spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's ridiculous that Edward and John are being treated and talked about as if they are lepers, especially by sh1t presenters that should be impartial - Dermot and whoever that Holly yoke is.

Dermot stirring nonsense by saying to Danii: 'You must be very angry..?'
    Ask an impartial question you twat like 'How do you feel?'.

If anyone should be (and they shouldn't be) shocked about anything, it should be that Lloyd is going strong week in week out, because he is pure muck.
    I wouldn't throw a fit about it like some though people though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Think my heart will give out on me if i have to deal with that again!
    my sad is the biggest happy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

fonpokno wrote: »
    She's a FAR better singer than Lloyd. That's for certain.

And so what? She's not better that Stacey or Joe and not as entertaining as Jedward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Had to laugh when the two lads said "yeah we are in shock... as Lucy is so talented".
    At least they know they're not talented- that's something. :)

Uncomfortable atmosphere there tbh.

Loving "straight-talking" Cowell's bull$hit explanations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

MargeS wrote: »
    simon just sees the publicity J&E bring
    Of course, but if it keeps them in I don't give a crap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

ryanch09 wrote: »
    cant you all see this is a trick by simon. he knows that if he lets the public vote then Jedward will stay so he's getting rid of all the stronger acts in the other categories so that his acts have a better chance of winning!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That's exactly what I just said to my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

This is just Simmon getting rid of any real competition to his acts. :rolleyes: The best result here would be that Jedward go all the way now.:eek:
    That would be poetic justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,879 ✭✭✭✭Basq

At the end of the day.. the audience / public / callers / texters can criticize the lads all they want.

They got the most votes from the audience / public / callers / texters - end of!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement