Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone know why it's on twice next week? Two live shows?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

1 is the actual show and the other is the Results show. They're basically just milking all the ad revenue they can get

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

SantryRed wrote: »
    Anyone know why it's on twice next week? Two live shows?:confused:

Performance night and Results night;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

1 is the actual show and the other is the Results show. They're basically just milking all the ad revenue they can get
    Zonda999 wrote: »
    Performance night and Results night;)

Yeah, it's bloody annoying for viewers though.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm happy John and Edward got through - they're entertaining and I doubt they'll be eliminated in week one.
    It'd be hilarious if they won the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Ollie and Stacie would be the 2 I'd back, they're easily the most likable, Stacie just cracks me up, she's hilarious. Brilliant voice on her too. And Olly is a great entertainer, he has a better voice than Danyl and isn't as over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

I'm happy John and Edward got through - they're entertaining and I doubt they'll be eliminated in week one.
    It'd be hilarious if they won the whole thing.

Be Hilarious allright!! They have absolutely Zero Talent and in any other situation they would be laughed off the stage but it goes to show that Louis Walsh has a soft spot for little boys who look like little girls!!!!!
    Even Ronan was advising against picking them but of course walshe is the boss as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Who is going to vote to keep the twat twins in? Ireland cant vote and i doubt many would? As well as being really annoying they are talentless.

I think Danni and Simon have the most talented groups this year.

I'm still backing Jamie Afro to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Certi Layla!!

I dont think the twins should have got through against project A, i think he was mad putting them through, as said previoulsy ireland cant vote and not sure if they even would if they could. maybe louis did it to annoy simon and i wouldnt mind but they dont even get rid of their absolutely ridiculous hairstyles for the live shows.

I think stacey is great absolutely love her. Lloyd is such a lil cutie too:Dand the other young fella in cherlys group. Not liking the teacher daryl...to OTT i think... afro man is diffently a keeper...

may i just say too, what cheryl did to the other fella she got rid of with the really deep voice was so mean.. giving him false hope:eek::eek:

i think a fella will win it. dont think rachel has alot of hope either!! two other bands are quiet good...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

I backed Stacey Soloman a few weeks ago at 9/1, still think she may win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Certi Layla!!

I backed Stacey Soloman a few weeks ago at 9/1, still think she may win.

i think that may be a bet you have a great chance of winning!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Louis has to be ridin the twins. It's the only logical explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I've backed Joe McElderry and Olly Murs myself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I think it's really unfair about John and Edward. People are on eevry website giving out about how they got through and 'better' people didn't and theyr'e throwing every kinda insult at them. In fairness the poor lads are only 17 its not fair on them, having half of the Uk adn ireland making fun of them and giving out. You cant call them a pair of t*ats all they did was audtion like evryone else.
    So yeh I don't think they'll win nor do I want the to(Joe all the way!!) but they got it and well done to them, wish them the best. Though like everyones saying they wont have all the friends and family voting if they're in Dublin.
    Oh and I'd be surprised if Lucie won, I realy want to hear her with an upbeat song, i think she'd struggle. Amazing at ballads but..

And also I'm not, like, related to John and Edward or anything I just think people are being unfair to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

It was a shame Daniel didn't get through.

As for the twins.... I think Louie knows he won't win Xfactor, he knows that a group won't win Xfactor, so he put them through purely for exposure and to cause talk. Any kind of publicity is good publicity. :rolleyes:
    He had some success with JLS last year and they didn't even win.

I thought Cheryl was abit cruel to Daniel Fox stopping and leaving in the middle of telling him kinda giving him hope and then returning still kicking him out

The problem with the twat twins is not only that they cant sing its also they are not likeable and have no redeeming qualities. They would sell their souls and grannies to be famous well now they have fame from being the irish twin twats from X Factor 2009 hope he worth it to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Hydroquinone

Cheryl took smiley Geordie Joe through, at the expense of better singers such as Duane and Ethan. She has obviously been taking lessons from Louis in how to be as parochial as possible in selecting the acts to go through and also, how to make sure not to inflame the ire of Simon by having the overall winner this year.

Not that Louis has got a cat in hell's chance, of course; those three women will not win, but Duane was surely a contender.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

JP Liz wrote: »
    They would sell their souls and grannies to be famous well now they have fame from being the irish twin twats from X Factor 2009 hope he worth it to them.
    Thats a horrible thing to say about anyone! We don't know the people only what we are led to believe by the editing.

wilson10 wrote: »
    Louis has to be ridin the twins. It's the only logical explanation.

Not both of them I hope--but one of them is deffo Lousiville fodder

Sure poor old Tabby from Sligo wasnt sure which way he was hanging after Louis had him in his sights--actually i think Tabby now bats for both sides
    ;) :rolleyes:

The problem with the twat twins is not only that they cant sing its also they are not likeable and have no redeeming qualities. They would sell their souls and grannies to be famous well now they have fame from being the irish twin twats from X Factor 2009 hope he worth it to them.[/QUOTE]

You just nailed it dead right there--they would do absolutely anything to be on TV but will be forgotten about in a few weeks and then the reality is going to really mess their hair up badly---poor kids

They have no talent whatsoever--harmonies were pure mule!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

People need to get over the twins!There's death threats out for them and everything!!They are only kids and it's not fair on the family.
    Yes they seem spoilt and annoying and aren't great singers/performers but it's the shows fault the got through!!I think half of this country would go for it if they had the balls!!

poppet84 wrote: »
    People need to get over the twins!There's death threats out for them and everything!!They are only kids and it's not fair on the family.
    Yes they seem spoilt and annoying and aren't great singers/performers but it's the shows fault the got through!!I think half of this country would go for it if they had the balls!!

I agree with you, but blame that saddo Louis --he knew damn well that this pair are talentless but for his own publicity he used them and put them through..--its all a gimmick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

rusty999 wrote: »
    I agree with you, but blame that saddo Louis --he knew damn well that this pair are talentless but for his own publicity he used them and put them through..--its all a gimmick!!!

I agree to a point too. The fault lies with Louis, he has now put them in the position where effectively their lives will be ruined by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Gutted about Daniel Pearce & TreyC (I think she was by far the best female vocalist).

I have a major girl crush on Holly Willoughby, I just love her - she just has the craic & is a proper curvy gal!

Did anyone catch Stacey Soloman saying "Ooh this means I get my teeth (she pronounced teef) whitened" when talking to Holly right after she got my yes. She's toe'ing the line on being a head wrecker, but so far she cracks me up, such a ditz but a nice salt of the earth girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Thought I'd update my musings of last week after seeing the performances over the past weekend.

Over 25's

1. Olly Murs - I'm still not entirely sold on him, but there is definitely raw talent there. There are nerves in his voice every time he sings, but I'm sure that's just down to the daunting task of singing acapella. The background music at the live finals should put him at ease. Prediction - 1st

2. Danyl Johnson - Just as at bootcamp, he was really poor. I found it ironic when Cowell said that he thought Lucie Jones would struggle with the up tempo numbers because in Johnson he has the exact opposite. He can't sing softly as he is simply out of tune (ala his performance in his first audition). It's hard to call as he can go far just as long as Simon gives him *perfect* songs. One thing Simon has to do though, if Johnson is to go far, then Simon has to ignore the inevitable claims from the other judges that Johnson is a one trick pony. If Cowell tries to force a slow number on him then he is going to sink. Prediction - 8th

3. Jamie Archer - I think he is getting better. Unlike Danyl Johnson I think he is capable of doing both slow and up tempo numbers. However like Olly there is always an underlying sound of nerves in his performances. He should do well. Prediction - 5th

Groups

1. John & Edward Grimes - I thought that in spite of their obnoxiousness that their first audtion was okay. However it has rapidly gone down hill since then. Their antics at boot camp felt too contrived to be believable, while their performance this weekend was awful. Really cringeworthy and just downright flat. They are a perfect example of The X Factor being car crash TV first and a talent show second. They are not in the final 12 for their talent, they are being set up by the producers to be villains. It would be awful if it wasn't for the fact that they don't help themselves at all. I'm sure Simon Cowell would love to get a few live finals episodes out of them, but I just can't see them getting past the first week. Prediction - Last

2. Kandy Rain - They don't fill me with any specific emotion, I find them to be just your dime a dozen girl band. Prediction - 11th

3. Miss Frank - They didn't really impress me at bootcamp, however I found their performance this weekend to be a considerable improvement. The chemistry was better, the voices were more in sync with each other and they just seemed way more at ease with each other. What Graziella brings to the table should really propel them to the final few weeks. Prediction - 7th

Boys

1. Rikki Loney - He didn't impress me in his first audition, his voice seemed too delicate and not strong enough. Bootcamp was a write off. This weekend was an improvement, he had more force and clarity in his voice, but there is still an underlying weakness there. Hard one to call. Prediction - 6th

2. Lloyd Daniels - He didn't impress me in his first audition or at boot camp. Like Rikki I reckoned that his voice was too delicate. However, his performance this weekend caught me off guard. Not only did he sing with force he seemed more than capable of turning in an up tempo performance. That being said I noticed that he sang the same song as he did in his first audition. It could well be a case of him doing well with what he knows best. Prediction - 9th

3. Joe McElderry - I'm really indifferent towards him however he seems to be consistent. And just as Eoghan Quigg showed last year, it doesn't matter if your voice isn't great just as long as you give consistent performances. He should get far enough. Prediction - 4th

Girls

1. Rachel Adedeji - Great voice, and she deserves to go far, however I think that she'll be lost early in the show. She'll be taken for granted by the public and she won't get enough votes. Prediction - 10th

2. Lucie Jones - She does what she knows best, and that's ballads/slow numbers. There is a valid concern there that she is a one trick pony however if given the right feedback by the judges then that should ensure that she gets to the final weeks. Diana Vickers benefited from that exact same situation last year, albeit Jones has a much stronger voice. Prediction - 2nd

3. Stacy Soloman - She impressed me in her first audition and this weekend, not so much at boot camp. I think that in spite of her voice that she lacks a spark or connection with the audience when she performs. However I think it will be her personality off stage that makes up for any shortcomings on stage. She'll go far. Prediction - 3rd (however this first week will be a slippery one for her, she needs to start strongly or risk going home early.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Marseepan

Mink wrote: »
    I agree to a point too. The fault lies with Louis, he has now put them in the position where effectively their lives will be ruined by this.

God love them.. I heard that they're from Kilkenny and someone called into a radioo show and was like 'Don't compare people from Kilkenny to those two' or something along those lines. They're in for a world of abuse when they get kicked off on saturday.. So typically Louis, he's embarrassed us once again with his own inability and those two morons. Great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    1. Rachel Adedeji - Great voice, and she deserves to go far, however I think that she'll be lost early in the show. She'll be taken for granted by the public and she won't get enough votes. Prediction - 10th

I think she's the best out of the girls. She has a unique style and a nice personality. Its a pity the show didn't hype her up like they did the other two girls.

deise_girl wrote: »
    Thats a horrible thing to say about anyone! We don't know the people only what we are led to believe by the editing.

come on it all cant be down to editing that they are annoying twats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Marseepan wrote: »
    God love them.. I heard that they're from Kilkenny and someone called into a radioo show and was like 'Don't compare people from Kilkenny to those two' or something along those lines. They're in for a world of abuse when they get kicked off on saturday.. So typically Louis, he's embarrassed us once again with his own inability and those two morons. Great!

No, they are from Lucan, not Kilkenny. The only thing that I find ok with them is that they didn't put on the automatic waterworks during bootcamp / sob story, blah blah. Other than that I can't stand them. They give the impression that they are just there to rip the piss and nothing else which is mildly amusing. But ugh those hairstyles!!! Disaster!! It's like they stuck their fingers in an electric socket of about 10,000 volts or something.

Oh and I know someone who was talking to a person there recently who used to go to school with John and Edward. Apparantly they were just like that in school, always in musical productions etc and acted the same way that they are like on X Factor. Oh and apparantly they wanted a bunch of girls from their school to join them on the auditions for X Factor as their backup dancers! lol but they wouldn't do it :) So I heard anyway!

I think Jamie Afro is cool but I do like that Olly guy as well. I like Lucie and Stacey, she's so funny. The only group I like are Kandy Rain - I'm not a fan of Miss Frank at all. I was so sad that Daniel didn't go through, I prefer him to Danyl who did go through :( Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

For what its worth here's my predications:

Bottom two this week : John & Edward and Ricki with John & Edward to go(3 votes to 1)

And then roughly in the order they will finish(this will probably be way off but hey its a bit of fun)
    1. Lucie Jones
    2. Stacey Solomon
    3. Joe
    4. Jamie Archer
    5. Danyl Johnson
    6. Olly
    7. Lloyd(this years Eoghan)
    8. Rachel
    9. Miss Frank
    10. Ricki
    11. Kandy Rain (people wont vote for them cos they r ex-lappers)
    12. John & Edward(Hate them hate them hate them embaressment)

Few little observations over last few weeks just wondering did anyone else notice:

Ricki has a very weird shaped head!Hence he more than regularly wears hats and has strange eyebrows too!

Note to x-factor contestants next year if u make bootcamp and dont think you'll get through simply pretend you're voice is gone and they'll put u through on the sympathy vote!

When Simon was revealed as the over 25s mentor have a look at his jumper it has little hole on the shoulder! Surely a man with his money can afford clothes without holes in them!!!

Something that was wrecking my head for weeks was the name of the song being played in the background as they announced the results of who made the final 24 and they played it this week as Danyl Johnson did his audition.The song goes What about now,what about love,what about today! Anyone else know it ?
    Well it is by a band called Daughtry(lead singer Chris a contestant on American idol in 2005 i think)and it is a brilliant song!!! Would suit Jamie Archer perfectly but isnt mainstream enough
    Btw its title is What about now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement