Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

How much you betting Jedward take over from Holly with presenting the Xtra factor next year? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

All the presenters are treating Jedward like they've murdered a kitten or something. Lucy got the fewest votes, no one has cheated anyone. Ffs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Curse that audience!!!
    Week 5 last year, Ruth and Laura. Who thought Laura would go.

That audience is horrible! How dare they boo two poor guys. I really am in shock over this! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

basquille wrote: »
    Dermot said something along the lines of:

"If you don't like 'em, don't vote for them. But don't boo them.. they're only 17!"

Spot on!

VERY TRUE

...sadly, he's still slating them at other opportunities.
    Wish he could make up his mind!

Its so obvious he wanted Lucie to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,250 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

shown up for what we all know it is...an act of exploitation.

but one thing i would say, is Simon was right, neither of them will win.

the main point for tonight though...

we have to f***ing listen to lloyd daniels for another week!

someone ban the tweenagers from voting ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

At the end of the day.. the audience / public / callers / texters can criticize the lads all they want.

They got the most votes - end of!

It's not a popularity contest....it's a talent show! :rolleyes:

And when the public put a good singer in the bottom 2 the judges should save them but Simon Cowell is only interested in ratings, not talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭Shelga

Does Holly have to be up for This Morning tomorrow? Plus she has a new baby. She must be wrecked! :eek: No wonder she's giving up the Xtra Factor. Still looks great though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Can any of you who are pissed off at Dannii Minogue please explain to me what she has said to provoke your anger?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Jaysus, Amanda sounds livid!!

'real singer' STFU!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

People on the Xtra Factor are insanely angry... and Simon is loving it! Controversy = ££££

Dannii needs to seriously STFU, Louis is being a total gentleman and she is just being a bitch.

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    People on the Xtra Factor are insanely angry... and Simon is loving it! Controversy = ££££
    Dannii needs to seriously STFU, Louis is being a total gentleman and she is just being a bitch.

Couldn't agree more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Danni's annoyed that two idiots got through instead of a talented act, what the hell is wrong with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,879 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Simon Cowell brokes Boards!

You bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Alicat wrote: »
    Danni's annoyed that two idiots got through instead of a talented act, what the hell is wrong with that?

I lol in your general direction.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Can any of you who are pissed off at Dannii Minogue please explain to me what she has said to provoke your anger?

Smart-assed comments while having a dig!
    She's a judge that is getting ONE MILLION for this show.
    She should be PROFESSIONAL for that type of money and behave herself instead of slating two teens who are doing their best despite the hatred!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

She is a plank, with a stupid Aussie accent, stupid fookin haircut every week and everytime she opens her mouth, it is quiet clear she hasnt a bloody clue what she is talking about.

You could write what she knows about singing and talent on the back of a postage stamp.

Simon and Louis have been there before, managed and promoted top acts they know what it takes.

Not some plank from australia who is only there becasue of her sister.

Simon Cowell brokes Boards!

You bastard!

LOL True. Think it went into melt-down too with anger! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Whole competition is gone to f*ck now. Lets all vote for Jedward, let them win and then that'll be the end of the sham that is X-Factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    And so what? She's not better that Stacey or Joe and not as entertaining as Jedward.

Stacey isn't a great singer at all IMO. And I thought Lucie was on a par with Joe, both very melodic voices. A pleasure to listen to both of them.
    LadyJ wrote: »
    All the presenters are treating Jedward like they've murdered a kitten or something. Lucy got the fewest votes, no one has cheated anyone. Ffs.

It's really mean! I mean people voted for them. They seem like genuinely nice lads, they haven't a bad word to say about anyone.

Also Ghostbusters was possibly the best thing I've ever seen on the X factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭kaykay27

dermot was spot on with what he said at the start of ther xtra factor- at the end of the day John and edward are 17/18 year old boys who do not deserve to be boo'd by the audience- can you imagine if the audience boo'd danyl or lyod- simon and cherly would be ragging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

boards just came back up whatt the hell happened cant believe jedward went thru simon is doing it purely to keep his acts in like come on!!!!!!!!!! lucy=better than jedward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

After Lucy got voted out she said bitterly,

"Good luck to all of the singers in the singing competition".

She was being a cúnt tbh. The show is called "The X-factor". It's not just about singing, it's about having something entertaining and different and every year that's what they bang on about. Just because they're losing good singers to this logic this year, they're getting pissy about it.

Jedward are entertaining and people like them so she can cram it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Public vote => popularity contest.
    Judging based solely on opinions of professionals or whatever => talent show.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

Someone on DigitalSpy forums in the audience has posted that Jedward stomed off the stage saying they quit

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158632

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

LOL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

What please explain? How do you know she was being smug? Just because she wasn't bawling when she walked back onto the stage doesn't mean she deserves to be called smug.

Lucie wasn't crying, (she was smiling when she heard Jedward were in the bottom with her) beacuse she was so certain she was safe. The untouchable golden girl, all the judges would pick her. That's smug. THEN when Simon put it to public vote she put her head in her hands. She wasn't so cocky then.

She's a big fish in a small pond in her little Welsh Village. But she's not as good as she thinks she is. She got a lot of fans based on her looks.

Now I don't think she should have been in the bottom two and she doesn't deserve it (I think she's better than Jamie and Lloyd) but that's up to the public to decide.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It's not a popularity contest....it's a talent show! :rolleyes:
    But the public vote on who's talented... are you new to talent shows? This is always the way it's worked!
    namloc1980 wrote: »
    And when the public put a good singer in the bottom 2 the judges should save them but Simon Cowell is only interested in ratings, not talent.
    But by that statement.. you've completely nullified these X Factor / Britain's Got Talent format.

The public have the power.. who they sent out is their responsibility!

Fair fecks to Simon for putting it to the public vote... absolutely no-one could have thought Lucie got less votes.

It's the public's fault, not any of the judges!

LOL.jpg
    Love it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Jedward are making a lot of money for ITV atm. They could never be eliminated until the final IMO or the show loses viewers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Did Holly give a dig at Jedward??

John and Edward I love 'em! They look so sad they must know all the sh*t they're gonna get!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement