Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Originally Posted by LadyJ
    Who are these assholes on the phone telling Jedward that they don't deserve to be there. They deserve it more than Lloyd ffs. What they don't deserve is this horrendous treatment. These comments would be deemed unacceptable if they were in reference to anyone else. Why are they letting people abuse them?

I passionately agree with this post

Same here. I concur!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

andy_g wrote: »
    boards just came back up whatt the hell happened cant believe jedward went thru simon is doing it purely to keep his acts in like come on!!!!!!!!!! lucy=better than jedward

Simon owns ALL the acts. Can you not see this??

How does it benefit Simon (who is organising their record deal to make HIM millions) for the strongest act to go home? Think about it. He sends home the one the viewers don't want simply because they won'y buy the albums or go to their concerts.

John and Edward make him money for now, he'll drop them when they are not needed. It's business and it's cut throat. He didn't get to where he is today by making bad decisions.

The show is a pantomime. It's Saturday night entertainment along the lines of Blind Date and Stictly Come Dancing. Who cares?

What's the end result of all the votes and effort? A few bland commercial pop albums. It's all irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

LadyJ wrote: »
    Lol, yes, I actually can't wait to buy it! Apparently they have an album deal already.

They called the show "X-Factor" and that's what they've got. If they didn't want acts like Jedward then they should conduct the competition in a way that lends itself only to singing. They don't so they have to deal with the consequences.

It'll be on par with Mr Blobby! :p

But how could you listen to that in your car on the way to work or in your living room in your free time! It hurts the ears!

But yes the producers and Simon have changed what this show is. And that's what I hate. It's now a show for jumping around like eejits, not about having a reputable talent. Sure they could be kids tv presenters or something, I suppose that is a skill in itself but the prize is a recording contract! It doesn't make sense! I don't blame the twins, it's not their fault

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Jedward are not entertaining unless your idea of entertainment is to see two twits with crap hair jumping around a stage like idiots! Nobody can say that Lucie wasn't a better singer and should have been saved.

As for Jedward having a Xmas #1 LOL :rolleyes: Those guys simply can't sing and are nothing more than a Cowell/Walsh weapon of mass annoyance!

Love the sense of humour buddy! :rolleyes:

And their hair is cool :cool:.

Anita Blow wrote: »
    It's mainly a singing contest. How did Jedward get in ahead of Lucie?

Yes they're entertaining. TO WATCH.

Will any of you buy their single to listen to their "angelic" voices? Will any of you like to hear them on the radio station singing songs seriously?

Listen if "It's weenee yellow dot bikini" and "who let the dogs out?" can make the charts - what the hell is to stop two young lads who have gained an already MASSIVE following!

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Jedward are not entertaining unless your idea of entertainment is to see two twits with crap hair jumping around a stage like idiots! Nobody can say that Lucie wasn't a better singer and should have been saved.

As for Jedward having a Xmas #1 LOL :rolleyes: Those guys simply can't sing and are nothing more than a Cowell/Walsh weapon of mass annoyance!

I'll put a wager on that, IF jedward release a single, they will get to number one... name your wager.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

basquille wrote: »
    Meh.. water off a ducks back. They've been going through so much worse!
    Yeh but now they're going to have all the Lucy fans after them!

Really can't believe shes gone.. Please let the Irish be able to vote that free2call next week. I will waste spend all my credit on them :)

What theme is next week anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

They may not entertain you, but I think it's pretty clear that a hell of a lot of people on here find them VERY entertaining. It's all relative.

I hated them at first, but week by week they've turned me into a major Jedward fan. I thought they were horribly cocky, but now I think they're sweet. And I dont think anyone else is talented enough to be successful after the show, so I dont feel like they're robbing the spot of anyone that's more talented. This seems like a Leon year, rather than a Leona one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

John & Edward the next Ant and Dec :D when will they be singing Lets Get Ready To Rumble :D

I actually enjoyed Jedward's performance of Rock DJ - they do work the stage

I still think Jedward will be bigger than the winner of this series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Anita Blow wrote: »
    It's mainly a singing contest. How did Jedward get in ahead of Lucie?

Yes they're entertaining. TO WATCH.

Will any of you buy their single to listen to their "angelic" voices? Will any of you like to hear them on the radio station singing songs seriously?

a) I don't buy singles.
    b) I'd go to their concerts, feck yeah.
    c) I'd buy their merch.
    d) I'd put their videos on my iPod.
    e) b,c and d do not apply to any other act that has ever been on the X Factor.
    Edit: f) I don't listen to the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I WOULDN'T BUY A LUCIE SINGLE OR ALBUM BECAUSE SHE IS A BORING, EVERYDAY, RUN OF THE MILL SINGER. This can be applied to almost every contestant this year.

Stop trotting out the "You wouldn't buy a Jedward single" thing, because I would. IN fact, I'd buy the music video off iTunes and probably go see them live. So there.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭nehpets5555

They have good stage presence - better than most of the other contestants, and while they arent strong singers, i have heard worse, they aint completely tone deaf.

Oh and for people getting worked up that theyre still there.
    Its business. Cowell knew they had more votes. As mentioed before, they go, the show loses ratings.

The twins dont deserve the sh!t theyre getting though.

Also people saying they cant sing and if they had a single itd be horrible due to this. Well, theres a reason autotune was invented .lol.

whycliff wrote: »
    I'll put a wager on that, IF jedward release a single, they will get to number one... name your wager.

The X-factor contracts state that if you get kicked out you CANNOT release a song prior to x-mas in competition with the winners single.
    Simon has the contracts side of things sown up good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

More entertaining then reading your nasty posts bud! If you don't like it don't watch it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

have they mentioned next weeks theme yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kivoking

I dont care what ya all think just as romulas and remas founded rome, and michaelangelo built st peters..... the irish god picked the gods.
    I love jedward i dont go out till i know my boys are through , ya got the talent ya got the style go ghost busters. mr j Thompson....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Alicat wrote: »
    The prize is a recording contract so obvioulsy only lends itself to SINGERS!

Are YOU going to buy their single when it comes out?

As I said, the winner of the X-Factor gets a recording contract, what good is that with Jedward??

Firstly, Edward and John can sell cds.
    That said, you're overly focused on record sales which I find strange.
    It isn't the 60's or 90's anymore, music sales aren't really where the money is nowadays. I imagine it's more about TV, merchandising/branding, advertising and touring.
    Well then they should be on Britain's Got Talent, they could fit there!

It's the X-Factor, they fit just great, they have it.

JP Liz wrote: »
    John & Edward the next Ant and Dec :D when will they be singing Lets Get Ready To Rumble :D

I actually enjoyed Jedward's performance of Rock DJ - they do work the stage

I still think Jedward will be bigger than the winner of this series

A LOT of PR people in the entertainment business agree

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

Does anyone have Jedward saved on Sky Plus because to me it looked like they were possibly miming. There was a part in the middle of their song that there were multiple vocals, but only one of them was singing.:confused:

I could also be wrong, but thats what it looked like to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

If Dannii doesn't shut up I am seriously going to break my TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

phasers wrote: »
    I WOULDN'T BUY A LUCIE SINGLE OR ALBUM BECAUSE SHE IS A BORING, EVERYDAY, RUN OF THE MILL SINGER. This can be applied to almost every contestant this year.

Stop trotting out the "You wouldn't buy a Jedward single" thing, because I would. IN fact, I'd buy the music video off iTunes and probably go see them live. So there.

Totally your opinion. Don't know why it makes mine any less valid? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

dannii still going on bout the rapping with the twins right behind her.give it a rest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Dannii is at it again "If everyone raps next week" why is she being so bitchy? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

a) I don't buy singles.
    b) I'd go to their concerts, feck yeah.
    c) I'd buy their merch.
    d) I'd put their videos on my iPod.
    e) b,c and d do not apply to any other act that has ever been on the X Factor.

Everything that you have just said applies to me as well! :D

Seriously, wtf danni!? how many times has she said "if everyone raps next week". will you get over it woman! John and Edward are amazing!!!!! The public didn't vote for Lucie. It's fair that she should go.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

df1985 wrote: »
    have they mentioned next weeks theme yet??
    Don't think so :\

You have to give it to John and Edward, they were the best I've seen them ever! Wonder what Simon will say next week though? He cant say theyre crap coz he voted to keep them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Susan Boyle is on the show in the next few weeks also - hope we see a duet with her and Jedward :D

Shakira is on next week

df1985 wrote: »
    dannii still going on bout the rapping with the twins right behind her.give it a rest!

EVERY time she states that - its a dig at them - despite what she says minutes later before she says it AGAIN!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Totally your opinion. Don't know why it makes mine any less valid? :confused:

Persecution complex, they feel they need to aggressively justify their fandom of Jedward. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

Biggins wrote: »
    A LOT of PR people in the entertainment business agree

I'm a PR ex manager of a band and have been a music journalist for 3 years and have interviewed tons of well known bands and artists. I back Jedward so I totally agree. PLUS no one buys CDs anymore. Artists make money from their live shows. Even the likes of Britters has to pull some Jedward style madness to keep people paying 80 + quid a gig.

I think they're absolutely fantastic and a refreshing antidote to the vibrato loving Mariah wannabes of this competition

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I don't blame the twins, it's not their fault

Why is everyone using this phrase? These guys are still standing in a copmpetition that they entered and people are voting for them. "Fault" really isn't the word people should be using. It's so unfair to say this to them or about them.

People like them. They're grand singers and great performers. People congratulate the other contestants for stsaying in but Jedward get this "Ah it's not your fault you're still here lads". No it's not their fault, it's their prerogative.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement