Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Firstly, Edward and John can sell cds.
    That said, you're overly focused on record sales which I find strange.
    It's isn't the 60's or 90's anymore, music sales aren't really where the money is nowadays. I imagine it's more about TV, merchandising/branding, advertising and touring.

It's the X-Factor, they fit just great, they have it.

As I said, so can acts like Mr Blobby, (just picking random crap 90's act out of my head) doesn't make them any good :confused: I'm not doubting the pulling/selling power they have

I still think they're crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

phasers wrote: »
    If Dannii doesn't shut up I am seriously going to break my TV

You'd think she'd cop the heck on and have a bit of respect. If I was one of the twins,I'd tell her to GTFO. Her petty bitching makes her look bad,and because J & E don't react,they look good,to most reasonable people,anyway. Let her throw her crap fit,it's all she can do. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Alicat wrote: »
    Totally your opinion. Don't know why it makes mine any less valid? :confused:
    Because it's wrong

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Totally your opinion. Don't know why it makes mine any less valid? :confused:
    Because your opinion is that Jedward fans wouldn't buy Jedward music. We are telling you we would. Your "opinion" is invalid because it's wrong.

Anyway, moving on from this (even though it will probably be brought up again in about an hour :rolleyes:), any word on the theme yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rollerdisco

Dannii Minogue does my head in

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Louis sticking his fingers up at the audience was fab!!

Lucie didn't get the votes, tbh I'd say it was down to the song last night, they could pick any film song and they picked that one???

I liked Lucie, Lloyd should have gone, buuuuuuuutttttttt she was slightly smug in the bottom two, Dani's comment was completely uncalled for, she's supposed to be professional and Lucie handled the result far in a far more mature way then her mentor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Are YOU going to buy their single when it comes out?

No but I probably will still keep watching the X-Factor if they're in it. When they go, the X- Factor is just going to be boring and will have lost the X-Factor that Jedward have given it this year.

To be honest I don't see myself ever buying any X-Factor single.

Cowell knows there are certain people who buy records and there are people who he needs to keep watching the show for ratings. The advertising revenue Jedward are clocking up for ITV this year is worth more than any recording contract that will be won this year. None of the contestants this year are outstanding. He's not going to make much money out of any of them on the same scale as Alexandra/ Leona. He might as well rake in the money while he can!

So Simon was right to keep the boys in - thats why he's looking so smug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Danni would you ever go and fcuk yourself......."everyone do rap and it'll be fair"....blah blah blah

Just shut the fcuk up u ignorant cnut!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The two boys STILL look sick.
    They truely don't deserve the hatred. Feckin booing scum!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rollerdisco

TV3 repeats the into of an hour ago how much are those idiots paid another 15 minute add break

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Because your opinion is that Jedward fans wouldn't buy Jedward music. We are telling you we would. Your "opinion" is invalid because it's wrong.

Anyway, moving on from this (even though it will probably be brought up again in about an hour :rolleyes:), any word on the theme yet?

What age and gender are you if you don't mind me asking? :p I'm 22 and male, I just couldn't take anyone seriously within the same bracket as me if they said they would buy Jedward concert tickets, merchandise, songs etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I WOULDN'T BUY A LUCIE SINGLE OR ALBUM BECAUSE SHE IS A BORING, EVERYDAY, RUN OF THE MILL SINGER. This can be applied to almost every contestant this year.

Stop trotting out the "You wouldn't buy a Jedward single" thing, because I would. IN fact, I'd buy the music video off iTunes and probably go see them live. So there.

100% agree.

I can't WAIT for J&E to come play the o2. They'd sell out in a few minutes! And if they never record an original song I'm cool with that. I just wanna see Ghostbusters live. :D

Also Lucie's voice is not that pleasant. Go watch her version of Sweet Child and you'll hear how harsh it is. Go on.

Biggins wrote: »
    A LOT of PR people in the entertainment business agree
    Nic'name wrote: »
    I'm a PR ex manager of a band and have been a music journalist for 3 years and have interviewed tons of well known bands and artists. I back Jedward so I totally agree. PLUS no one buys CDs anymore. Artists make money from their live shows. Even the likes of Britters has to pull some Jedward style madness to keep people paying 80 + quid a gig.

I think they're absolutely fantastic and a refreshing antidote to the vibrato loving Mariah wannabes of this competition

Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

LadyJ wrote: »
    Why is everyone using this phrase? These guys are still standing in a copmpetition that they entered and people are voting for them. "Fault" really isn't the word people should be using. It's so unfair to say this to them or about them.

People like them. They're grand singers and great performers. People congratulate the other contestants for stsaying in but Jedward get this "Ah it's not your fault you're still here lads". No it's not their fault, it's their prerogative.

Sorry, but no. Don't care what everyone else thinks but they are not grand singers. Not even close.

It's not their fault because despite all the backlash and bad comments they get the public still keep voting them in. They look really really uncomfortable with all this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

This is pathetic. You'd think John and Edward had murdered someone with the amount of vitriol being thrown against them.

They are the most entertaining thing about the bland show. The only act, bar Olly, with any sense of personality and charisma.

Joe = West End singer (at best - little 'grit' in his voice)
    Jamie = Pub singer (Louis has his number)
    Danyl = roarer - little subtle or melodic about his voice/singing.
    Lucie = Nice voice but very bland personality.
    Lloyd = can't sing.
    Olly = Poor man's Robbie Williams but at least he has some stage presence and a decent voice.
    Stacey = Good voice but no stage presence at all.
    John and Edward = Can't sing but own the stage.

Olly can win this at a canter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

hopefully the jedward fanbase in the uk will vote next weekend, I think reading in the press how they topped the poll for the last two weeks meant that maybe some of their fanbase didn't vote this week because they thought they were safe. Also hope free2call.tv get a sponsor for next weeks vote so I can vote for the lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I am astounded at all the posts just before Simon "saved" the twins.
    Everyone was expecting Simon to vote them off?? How come. It's quite obvious that he wants them to stay in; they are the sellers this year and I knew damn well he would save them. Now, I know technically he left it in the hands of the vote, but I bet you he damn well knew what the vote would be.

I am firmly wanting the twins to win now. Very humble and likable lads who are really trying their ass off, and their Irish. I wish them all the luck.

What did annoy me was how Louis had NOTHING positive to say about the twins survival performance. All he could say was that Lucie was great and that he HAD to save the twins becuase he was their mentor.

The whole show this year has been geared around the twins, the slating, the feint praise etc. It's so ****ing staged. Even Holly is now putting the knife in, taking it out, turning it etc. She was almost begging Leona to say something
    bad about them.:mad:

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    What age and gender are you if you don't mind me asking? :p I'm 22 and male, I just couldn't take anyone seriously within the same bracket as me if they said they would buy Jedward concert tickets, merchandise, songs etc etc.

I'm an 18 year old girl, but you should have a word with Biggins ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I honestly don't know how Dannii can criticize Jedward. I wouldn't know who the **** she is if it wasn't for Kylie TBH. She comes across as such a jealous person. You can tell she is intimidated by Cheryl too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

its as simple as this, J&E are making this years competition Epic.. everyone is talking about them.
    Not Olli,Stacy,Danyl,Afroman,Lloyd,Luci or Joe...
    They are talking about Jedward.
    Who'll be front page in morning. Jedward.
    Who'll be the talk all week. Jedward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

From Boards.ie twitter
    It looks like the X-Factor precipitated our brief dropout. Thread about it in the Reality TV forum 10x more traffic than any other thread.

Sorry guys... :o

From Boards.ie twitter

oopsie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'm an 18 year old girl, but you should have a word with Biggins ;)

You're not fooling anyone dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

From Boards.ie twitter

This is why Jedward are still in X-Factor and Luci is gone...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Sorry, but no. Don't care what everyone else thinks but they are not grand singers. Not even close.

It's not their fault because despite all the backlash and bad comments they get the public still keep voting them in. They look really really uncomfortable with all this!

Uncomfortable??? Seriously?? I mean have you seen Lloyd? IMO I think they look anything but uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The-Rigger wrote: »
    You're not fooling anyone dude.

Yeah, I can practically smell the testosterone coming off you from here

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

You'd think she'd cop the heck on and have a bit of respect. If I was one of the twins,I'd tell her to GTFO. Her petty bitching makes her look bad,and because J & E don't react,they look good,to most reasonable people,anyway. Let her throw her crap fit,it's all she can do. :D

The twins see right through her. They're too polite to say anything but they've got that *fcuk you* look in their eye. They don't buy into that phoney bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Danni should shut her frecking pie hole - i cant believe Louis was kinda sucking up to her he should tell to shut up and get over it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

They are grand singers!

and i wouldn't blame them with being uncomfortable, that audience is just.... uggghhhhh :mad:.

oh and I'm defo gonna go to a concert of theirs! :D

• Advertisement

I honestly don't know how Dannii can criticize Jedward. I wouldn't know who the **** she is if it wasn't for Kylie TBH. She comes across as such a jealous person. You can tell she is intimidated by Cheryl too.

She and Cole are at logger-heads over tv air time, money, dresses and Simons attention. Its feckin so stupid and well recorded!
    This is pathetic. You'd think John and Edward had murdered someone with the amount of vitriol being thrown against them.

They are the most entertaining thing about the bland show., The only act, bar Olly, with any sense of personality and charisma.
    Olly can win this at a canter.

All well said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement