Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Because it's wrong

:p

Nope! :D It's just MY opinion and at the moment that's all that matters to me. I refuse to be dragged down to that level!
    phasers wrote: »
    Because your opinion is that Jedward fans wouldn't buy Jedward music. We are telling you we would. Your "opinion" is invalid because it's wrong.

Anyway, moving on from this (even though it will probably be brought up again in about an hour :rolleyes:), any word on the theme yet?

Again, not wrong, just MINE :rolleyes:

And it's fine if you would! I'm not gonna stop you :confused:
    dolliemix wrote: »
    No but I probably will still keep watching the X-Factor if they're in it. When they go, the X- Factor is just going to be boring and will have lost the X-Factor that Jedward have given it this year.

To be honest I don't see myself ever buying any X-Factor single.

Cowell knows there are certain people who buy records and there are people who he needs to keep watching the show for ratings. The advertising revenue Jedward are clocking up for ITV this year is worth more than any recording contract that will be won this year. None of the contestants this year are outstanding. He's not going to make much money out of any of them on the same scale as Alexandra/ Leona. He might as well rake in the money while he can!

So Simon was right to keep the boys in - thats why he's looking so smug!

If that's what they want out of the show that's fine! They can do anything they want. But if Jedward win I see no point in watching it next year, it'll just be knob-end after knob-end singing knob-end songs!

I watched the show to see some decent singers. And that's not what this show is about anymore. And even though it's called the X-Factor (which could be interpreted in many ways I understand) it was always about singing originally, and the proof is the prize

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Maybe Lucie was right to go tonight. I think they were trying to turn her into something she's not, high school musical type songs, and the public saw that and didnt vote.

You could see tonight, she is extremely talented at them ballad type songs. Them songs suit her. She was streets ahead of everyone performing in the group band songs too ('Hot n Cold' and 'I've Gotta Feeling'). I wouldn't be surprised if she is the one with the most lines in the charity single.

This certainly isn't the end of her. I'd say she'll get a record deal (like Laura and Ruth last year) and hopefully be successful! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

Fair play to Simon for actually having the b*lls to vote to keep them in, at the end of the day he has to look out for his own wallet!! :p

They are the most talked about X Factor Contestants ever and they gain more photos/column inches in the papers that the rest of the contestants put together. Its all about viewing figures and advertising revenue, look at the ratings they are getting this year, x factor is destroying Strictly in the ratings for the first time ever. Anyone who thinks this is the end for X factor doesnt live in the real world, its a ratings juggernaught.

Despite her smugness I was slightly annoyed at lucie going, even though I still prefer the twins. There are worst singers than her left in the show, lloyd I'm talking to you........ :cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

From Boards.ie twitter

Sorry guys... :o
    Lmfao!!!
    We were going crazy! People that never post on here starting screaming when Jedward got through.

I don't understand how they can top the votes and be in the bottom 2? Never topped the vote? And they're always winning that poll on DS. DS'ers mustn't vote! :mad: And why aren't we allowed vote??
    Repeating myself but I don't think I can handle this next week!
    And I was thinking of sending fanmail for them, now I am certain :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm an 18 year old girl, but you should have a word with Biggins ;)

Aye but I think Biggins is a family man so I'll forgive him for that, I guess a Jedward concert is good wholesome family entertainment. :p
    I honestly don't know how Dannii can criticize Jedward. I wouldn't know who the **** she is if it wasn't for Kylie TBH. She comes across as such a jealous person. You can tell she is intimidated by Cheryl too.

She was hired to do a job and she's doing exactly that, her job. How you expect her to be all nice about this is beyond me. Simon never pulls any punches, the amount of patronising **** he threw at the public when Danyl was in the bottom two was astounding. Yet no-one bats an eyelid because he's male and Mr. Nasty. It's not proper for a woman to call a spade a spade right?

Dannii has won numerous online polls with fans this year, she is deemed by the fans as being the best judge on the panel. And she's wiping the floor with Cheryl this year in the fashion stakes (not that I care, that's just what I hear from qualified people on the matter :P) so really, she has no reason to be intimidated by Cheryl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

walshb wrote: »
    I am astounded at all the posts just before Simon "saved" the twins.
    Everyone was expecting Simon to vote them off?? How come. It's quite obvious that he wants them to stay in; they are the sellers this year and I knew damn well he would save them. Now, I know technically he left it in the hands of the vote, but I bet you he damn well knew what the vote would be.

Well I was sure he'd vote them out seen as he has done nothing but slate them for the last 5/6 weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'm an 18 year old girl, but you should have a word with Biggins ;)
    ???

I'm 40 + with 4 kids.

I've been recently in the media myself!
    Ya think I'm a kid! JEASUS!
    I wish! :rolleyes:

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    She was hired to do a job and she's doing exactly that, her job. How you expect her to be all nice about this is beyond me. Simon never pulls any punches, the amount of patronising **** he threw at the public when Danyl was in the bottom two was astounding. Yet no-one bats an eyelid because he's male and Mr. Nasty. It's not proper for a woman to call a spade a spade right?

She doesnt have to be nice about it but she doesnt have to be an ignorant prat about it either!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Aye but I think Biggins is a family man so I'll forgive him for that, I guess a Jedward concert is good wholesome family entertainment. :p

Dannii has won numerous online polls with fans this year, she is deemed by the fans as being the best judge on the panel. And she's wiping the floor with Cheryl this year in the fashion stakes (not that I care, that's just what I hear from qualified people on the matter :P) so really, she has no reason to be intimidated by Cheryl.

Yawn....

Some people just love fapping to the thought of Danni,

personally i just think she's a fookin plonker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

From a 12 year old.....

SIMON COWARD!!!!

Simon Cowel is the worst judge EVER!!!! He says that it's a singing competition and yet he saved the worst singers. Every week he says that Jedward can't sing but on his chance to send them home he puts it to deadlock obviously knowing what would happen. I think Lucie is an AMAZING singer and should not have been in the bottom two let alone be knocked out! Simon is a coward because he sent it to deadlock when really he should have had the guts to save the better singer.Simon obviously wants the good singers gone to make way for his own acts and to keep the "entertaining" acts in the competition for publicity!

From another Lucy

• Advertisement

Aye but I think Biggins is a family man so I'll forgive him for that, I guess a Jedward concert is good wholesome family entertainment. :p.

...and like it or not for some, they are.
    Every time the boys come on, the kids love them.

They will sell well in the media and a lot of important folk agree.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Niall09 wrote: »
    Maybe Lucie was right to go tonight. I think they were trying to turn her into something she's not, high school musical type songs, and the public saw that and didnt vote.

You could see tonight, she is extremely talented at them ballad type songs. Them songs suit her. She was streets ahead of everyone performing in the group band songs too ('Hot n Cold' and 'I've Gotta Feeling'). I wouldn't be surprised if she is the one with the most lines in the charity single.

This certainly isn't the end of her. I'd say she'll get a record deal (like Laura and Ruth last year) and hopefully be successful! :)
    Just speaking of Laura shes in the offical top UK 40 with her new song.
    Havn't heard it yet so I can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Biggins wrote: »
    ???

I'm 40 + with 4 kids.

I've been recently in the media myself!
    Ya think I'm a kid! JEASUS!
    I wish! :rolleyes:
    I know Biggins, LZ5by5 was saying that adult males shouldn't like the twins and I know you're a big fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

jd007 wrote: »
    Uncomfortable??? Seriously?? I mean have you seen Lloyd? IMO I think they look anything but uncomfortable.

They look uncomfortable! They look hurt and sad and confused! I have nothing against them as boys, and I think they're getting a really rough deal, I just don't rate them as talent!
    They are grand singers!

and i wouldn't blame them with being uncomfortable, that audience is just.... uggghhhhh :mad:.

oh and I'm defo gonna go to a concert of theirs! :D

That's fine! You do what you want! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

the lads would have been better off getting voted out there....the public seem to be baying for their blood. god knows what the press will make of this...they've gone from being the two that everyone likes/at least laughs along with etc....now they will be demonized until they get knocked out. it's very cruel to watch all those people booing/danni and holly sticking the knife in/even the contestents having goes at them.

FWIW...lloyd is rubbish and even worse at singing than them....oh and

TWINS FTW!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

df1985 wrote: »
    dannii still going on bout the rapping with the twins right behind her.give it a rest!
    Think she mentioned "rapping" about 5 times. Every time they talk to her its the same thing, and it was the same last week. And one of the callers called in purely to say dannii acted with dignity tonight:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    She acted like a child that didn't get sweets

Nike_Dude wrote: »
    Fair play to Simon for actually having the b*lls to vote to keep them in, at the end of the day he has to look out for his own wallet!! :p

FYP;)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

walshb wrote: »
    What did annoy me was how Louis had NOTHING positive to say about the twins survival performance. All he could say was that Lucie was great and that he HAD to save the twins becuase he was their mentor.

How is that annoying? He knows that Lucie was so much better than J&E.

I know Biggins, LZ5by5 was saying that adult males shouldn't like the twins and I know you're a big fan!

Cheers and for the record, a lot of my male friends like the boys - if only for wishing they were them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Well I was sure he'd vote them out seen as he has done nothing but slate them for the last 5/6 weeks.
    Yes, and he did the exact same thing with Chico a while back. It's all part of the hype and build up to generate votes and viewers. He knows they are sellers for this show, and his slating them gets more people interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I've missed Xtra Factor, what was Holly saying that was so bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

She doesnt have to be nice about it but she doesnt have to be an ignorant prat about it either!

She said as little as possible, sure perhaps the rapping jibe was a tad unnecessary, however if the tables were turned Simon would have brought the house down. She expressed an opinion in the nicest way possible, at least she didn't go off on one about it being an outrage and directly insulting the twins (she even turned around to them and told them how wonderful they were), something Simon would have done undoubtedly if it was one of his acts instead of Lucie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

dixiefly wrote: »
    From a 12 year old.....

SIMON COWARD!!!!

Simon Cowel is the worst judge EVER!!!! He says that it's a singing competition and yet he saved the worst singers. Every week he says that Jedward can't sing but on his chance to send them home he puts it to deadlock obviously knowing what would happen. I think Lucie is an AMAZING singer and should not have been in the bottom two let alone be knocked out! Simon is a coward because he sent it to deadlock when really he should have had the guts to save the better singer.Simon obviously wants the good singers gone to make way for his own acts and to keep the "entertaining" acts in the competition for publicity!

From another Lucy

In fairness, no-one knew what would happen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Biggins wrote: »
    Cheers and for the record, a lot of my male friends like the boys - if only for wishing they were them. :D

My dad loves 'em. :D (Jedward, of course!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Dannii and Cheryl irritate me no end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Think she mentioned "rapping" about 5 times. Every time they talk to her its the same thing, and it was the same last week. And one of the callers called in purely to say dannii acted with dignity tonight
    She acted like a child that didn't get sweets

She probably feels that Lucie was her best chance to win the comp as Stacey has an 'annoying' personality for some people. I think Dannii is mistaken. The problem is that Lucie had no DISTINCT personality and while some may find Stacey annoying when she talks, more people will probably find her endearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Niall09 wrote: »
    How is that annoying? He knows that Lucie was so much better than J&E.

Yes, but he's the one plugging the lads, spposed to be mentoring them to win, supposed to like them and rate them and want them to do well. That's the point. He had feck all to say in their support or defense. He is simply a rat.

Jeez, even Simo who's supposed to NOT like them said he's probably rather see them
    nect week than Lucie, and their ****ing mentor didn't have a SINGLE
    positive thing to say about the survival performance. Now, that performance
    was very good, and even if he didn't think it was, he still should have said it was
    good. He's their fecking promoter, or at least supposed to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

In fairness, no-one knew what would happen!!

Dannii did. When Simon said it, did you see her head whip around in his direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've missed Xtra Factor, what was Holly saying that was so bad?
    It was sort of just small things, like saying Dannii must be furious, saying the twins "surprised her" by being good in the sing off, constantly saying the result was shocking and talking about the controversy etc... the whole episode was just her making small jibes at Jedward

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

Is it just me, or do Jedward fans seem to be the most defensive? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement