Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Dannii did. When Simon said it, did you see her head whip around in his direction?

And that was the precise monent Lucie went from :D:D:D:D to :(:( *sob*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

whycliff wrote: »
    Yawn....

Some people just love fapping to the thought of Danni,

personally i just think she's a fookin plonker.

Nice contribution to the thread. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

JP Liz wrote: »
    Danni should shut her frecking pie hole - i cant believe Louis was kinda sucking up to her he should tell to shut up and get over it

Louis is keeping Danni on his side. She only has one act left as well. Simon 3 and Cheryl 2. Having Danni as an ally could help later on...:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

When ya think about it though if Lucy seriously is good enough, Simon will keep her on. Or someone will sign her. If they don't well then she musn't have beena good singer.
    John and Edward are definatly keeping people watching, the rateings I'd say would fall dramaticly.

I'd saying now lloyd and Danyl for the bottom 2 next week. But Jedward to be close enough. Personally I think they're in bother from now until they leave. They have evn more haters and people arn't looking forward as much to the performances, they feel enough is enough.

I suppose just keep praying and voting.. I think though they'll be safe for next week.

And also I would so love to see them live!! I'd say it'd be amazing they really have stage presence!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Alicat wrote: »
    Sorry, but no. Don't care what everyone else thinks but they are not grand singers. Not even close.

Curiosity's sake.. what music do you listen to and will you be buying the albums of the eventual winner?

People either get the twins or they don't. I might be taking a shot in the dark here... but it seems to me that the majority of Jedward fans don't take pop music or X factor seriously and appreciate it for the publicity circus that it is.

Srsly, who cares if they can sing or not? It's just a stupid TV show. They make it worth watching, and if I get to stay in with pizza and booze and laugh my ass off every Saturday, then have conniptions over them every sunday, more power to them.

I'd rather one Jedward than a hundred of the same rehashed contestants and performances year in and year out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Danni is a patronising trollop. Moaning and crying about "rapping." Get over it.

I have to say, the only two who looked dignified and decent tonight were Lucie and the twins. Very humble.
    I think J&E wil gain support for the manner in which they behaved tonight after wining

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

phasers wrote: »
    It was sort of just small things, like saying Dannii must be furious, saying the twins "surprised her" by being good in the sing off, constantly saying the result was shocking and talking about the controversy etc... the whole episode was just her making small jibes at Jedward

Yep, similar to what she was saying on stage as soon as the extra factor begun.
    NOT very professional at all, at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

walshb wrote: »
    Danni is a patronising trollop. Moaning and crying about "rapping." Get over it.

I have to say, the only two who looked dignified and decent tonight were Lucie and the twins. Very humble

I agree, they were the most behaved and professional of the lot.
    The others let the show down with their bitterness!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I know I'm seriously slow on the uptake (:p) but Danyl's new hair is stupid

Yes, but he's the one plugging the lads, spposed to be mentoring them to win, supposed to like them and rate them and want them to do well. That's the point. He had feck all to say in their support or defense. He is simply a rat.

Jeez, even Simo who's supposed to NOT like them said he's probably rather see them
    nect week than Lucie, and their ****ing mentor didn't have a SINGLE
    positive thing to say about the survival performance. Now, that performance
    was very good, and even if he didn't think it was, he still should have said it was
    good. He's their fecking promoter, or at least supposed to be
    In a way I think it shows how good a judge he is this year. He knows if he were impartial that he would vote for Lucie, who was better. And tbh if it wern't for Louis no way would they have gotten this far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I wonder who got the top votes this week Danyl maybe?

laura93 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or do Jedward fans seem to be the most defensive? :P
    Yeh but the John and edward haters are the meanest!!

deise_girl wrote: »
    In a way I think it shows how good a judge he is this year. He knows if he were impartial that he would vote for Lucie, who was better. And tbh if it wern't for Louis no way would they have gotten this far.

Yes, in the past he has been so good, but his SAYING nothing tonight could have proved fatal. He should be ALWAYS crediting them. That's what he is there for. Any criiticism, do it in private, but to be in the public and seen not to be able to show support is bad for the boys, and they don't need that.
    Consistency consistency consistency is what they need. Why the **** pick them in the first place if he can't be consistent and promote them?

I doubt Simon or Cheryl or Danni would have said NOTHING positive had J&E been their acts

I do get quite worked up defending the twins, but it's because the anti-Jedward crowd are seriously vicious sometimes, and seem to forget that these are just two young guys on a tv show. I get really angry at some of the comments I read on DS and then I vent here :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Curiosity's sake.. what music do you listen to and will you be buying the albums of the eventual winner?

People either get the twins or they don't. I might be taking a shot in the dark here... but it seems to me that the majority of Jedward fans don't take pop music or X factor seriously and appreciate it for the publicity circus that it is.

Srsly, who cares if they can sing or not? It's just a stupid TV show. They make it worth watching, and if I get to stay in with pizza and booze and laugh my ass off every Saturday, then have conniptions over them every sunday, more power to them.

I'd rather one Jedward than a the same rehashed contestants and performances year in and year out.

One jedward is fine, hopefully they'll be the last. I don't even care if they win now because the show is not what I set out to watch.

And the twins are not worth watching more than a few times. It gets really really grating and repetitive and I won't be watching them by choice. I don't rate the publicity circus. It stops being music and so I refuse to call it that.

My music taste will probably give more light to my reasoning/arguments! I have not bought chart music for YEARS. Hardly any of it is worth the money to be honest. I relish my cds of stuff from the 40's right up to today, but normally only proper music. The only album I could possibly be convinced to buy would be Olly's, but even then I'd have to hear some of his stuff first.

And I'm 25, if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭livvy

I haven't read all the posts on this discussion but IMO Simon Cowell only saved the twins because they are, for some, the only reason people tune into the programme. He left it to the public vote because he knew it would make big headlines in paper and have more tuning in next week. Poor Lucie was victim to it - a great singer who lost out. The twins, in fairness, can't sing well but are only making the most out of the opportunity they were given.

Yes, in the past he has been so good, but his SAYING nothing tonight could have proved fatal. He should be ALWAYS crediting them. That's what he is there for. Any criiticism, do it in private, but to be in the public and seen not to be able to show support is bad for the boys, and they don't need that.
    Consistency consistency consistency is what they need. Why the **** pick them in the first place if he can't be consistent and promote them?

I doubt Simon or Cheryl or Danni would have said NOTHING positive had J&E been their acts
    I see where your coming from, and he should have said something but I wouldn't dislike him over it

And the highlighted bit. Not a chance would John and Edward be here if they were one of their acts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Anyone know what theme it is next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Anyone know what theme it is next week?

Maybe Michael Jackson week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Alicat wrote: »
    Nope! :

If that's what they want out of the show that's fine! They can do anything they want. But if Jedward win I see no point in watching it next year, it'll just be knob-end after knob-end singing knob-end songs!

I watched the show to see some decent singers. And that's not what this show is about anymore. And even though it's called the X-Factor (which could be interpreted in many ways I understand) it was always about singing originally, and the proof is the prize

I think that market is saturated now though and Cowell is just creaming the last drops of revenue he can get out of it. I don't think Jedward will win but they may make it to the final because they are bringing in the viewers on a Saturday night, which is when the advertisers get their products out there. I think Olly is probably the only one who is stepping up the mark week after week. When you compare this year with last year the contestants are pretty poor in my opinion.

Alexandra did that Candyman performance, which I thought was fantastic for an amateur in week THREE last year. After that the rest of the contestants had to really pull it out of the bag week after week. There was no room for weak performances last year. This year the likes of Lloyd, Jamie, Danyl and even Lucy up until now, were getting away with similar performances week after week. In fairness Stacy tried to sex her act up this week and make it somewhat different so she is trying to improve.

I just find this year that apart from Olly, Stacy and the twins the rest of them seem to feel they should be getting by on similar performances to their auditions so there's nothing versatile happening in their acts. Nobody's stepping out of their comfort zone as such. In previous seasons, its when I saw acts doing this that I'd think they have the X-Factor!

Joe has a good voice but Cheryl is such a uncreative mentor that I don't think she'll allow him be tested like this.

Imo Stacey, Jedward and Olly in the final and Olly to win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Imo Stacey, Jedward and Olly in the final and Olly to win.

I'd say it will be Stacey, Joe and Olly in the final.

Jedward will get to the second-last week.

deise_girl wrote: »
    I see where your coming from, and he should have said something but I wouldn't dislike him over it

And the highlighted bit. Not a chance would John and Edward be here if they were one of their acts!

Yes, but that's the whole contrived and staged part of the show. Simon knows that HE couldn't sign them, because that would be obvioulsy staged, so what does he do? Yes, gives the groups to Louis knowing that the PUBLIC will swallow the whole, Louis always gives the Irish the nod.

That way, the twins get in, and he can make out that he doesn't rate them, generate loads of publicity and stay in the background until he is then FORCED to save them. This isn't conspiracy, it's X Factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

dolliemix wrote: »
    I think that market is saturated now though and Cowell is just creaming the last drops of revenue he can get out of it. I don't think Jedward will win but they may make it to the final because they are bringing in the viewers on a Saturday night, which is when the advertisers get their products out there. I think Olly is probably the only one who is stepping up the mark week after week. When you compare this year with last year the contestants are pretty poor in my opinion.

Absolutely agree with you on all that. It's all part of Cowell's money machine

Tbf if Cheryl or Dannii was the twins' mentor they would have been out in week one, they don't seem to be able to have any fun in the show. Louis seriously doesn't give two shytes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

phasers wrote: »
    Tbf if Cheryl or Dannii was the twins' mentor they would have been out in week one, they don't seem to be able to have any fun in the show. Louis seriously doesn't give two shytes

I have to say, I used to hate Louis but he's fast becoming my favourite judge. He's gas.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I am ragin, not because the lads are through but the fact that my damn internet failed at 7.55pm so I couldn't post anything on boards!:mad::mad::mad: Stupid f*cking DSL light flashing mockingly at me every time I went out at the break to check it. And it stopped while I was typing this as well!:mad:

I'm happy that J&E are still there, but disappointed that Lucie went home, because she was a good singer. Someone will pick her up. I was absolutely delighted that the boys are still there - they are up at 7 in the morning and work straight through till 7 at night and don't go out when there are opportunities to do so. Disgusted that Lloyd is still there, listening back to the review thingy, he messed up quite a few notes

Simon himself admitted that he thought J&E were gone when he sent it to deadlock. But I think he is secretly happy that J&E are still there and Lucie is gone, she was a bigger threat to him than J&E.

Holly and Dermot need to stop having a cut off the lads - the way Dermot said to be going up again the lads and Holly opening with the head in your hands thing. Louis I thought was gracious to Lucie as well when she was coming out to sing, and in his comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Tonight just proved to me that it is in fact staged, and that Jedward probably will win it.

There is no way Louis or anyone could be that thick to sit there and blatantly lie, saying they're good, and grandad bopping away to their awful songs if he didn't know that he was going to be able to say "told you so" at the end.

I cant stand them, but I actually do hope they win. The only likeable contestant left is Stacey.

Gullibility test:

Does anyone really believe that Simon thought the vote would boot out the twins?

He was actually trying to claim this. It's completely illogical. If he did, why bother going to the vote, he should have simply voted the twins off.

peanuthead wrote: »
    . The only likeable contestant left is Stacey.

Seriously? She is so forced and faked that she is looking slower each week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

In fairness, no-one knew what would happen!!

Sorry but we were pretty certain that , once it went to deadlock it was all over for Lucie.

Really - what is the point in performing well in the sing off if it is not taken into account. Simon is conveniently the last to choose leaving him with almost a deciding vote.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement