Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

dolliemix wrote: »
    Crap Lloyd is crap

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I missed this week's show and results show so I can't comment on any of the performances yet, but I'm so sad Lucie's gone.
    She was a real talent...
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

I missed this week's show and results show so I can't comment on any of the performances yet, but I'm so sad Lucie's gone.
    She was a real talent...
    :(

All the performances are on The X Factors youtube page :)
    http://www.youtube.com/thexfactoruk

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Wow, took me nearly an hour and a half to read throught the thread from the point the bottom 2 were announced - well worth it though... very entertaining...

Anyway, same as most people, I thought Jedward were done for tonight, but thank you Simon for going to public vote... I did a victory lap of my living room when they got through, which really annoyed my mother, who hates the twins... quality television though...
    Sad to see Lucie go, because she was a nice bit of eye candy, but when it came down to her and Jedward, I was rooting for Jedward all the way... It would be brilliant if they somehow managed to win...
    WTF is Llyod still doing there, though?
    Dannii was being an uber-biatch tonight... actually wanted to punch her in the face...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Niall09 wrote: »
    All the performances are on The X Factors youtube page :)
    http://www.youtube.com/thexfactoruk

Just so people know, if you have Realplayer installed on your pc's, you will have the ability to download the clips (a little "download" tab appears above the video clip box) and then (if you install VCL or "Media Player Classic" with the k-lite codecpack included) you can view them while they are still in their FLC format.
    No need to convert them to avi, etc to view them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

or you can just watch the whole thing on tv3...

http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=thexfactor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Twins were lying about their height on xtra factor last week. Now way they're 5'10 if Dermo is 5'7

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11/08/article-1226172-07238612000005DC-407_468x446.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,879 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Aldito wrote: »
    Twins were lying about their height on xtra factor last week. Now way they're 5'10 if Dermo is 5'7

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11/08/article-1226172-07238612000005DC-407_468x446.jpg
    In other news.. Joe's hair is actually made of spiders!

image-6-for-x-factor-finalists-makeovers-gallery-138767475.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I'm 25, and you'll usually find me posting in the Rock & Metal forum. I LOVE Jedward's productions. Quality stuff!

I teach junior infants, and I think maybe the twins ADHD tendencies and innocence reminds me of my own little lunatics. :D
    Interesting you should say the above,Lil Kitten.They're pretty good at what they do alright and would be an excellent act in a Second Level School Pantomime or Karaoke Final.I believe they are at the early stage of a career in light entertainment.Much hard graft ahead for the development of a wide range of skills necessary in this sphere and good luck to them.They must be working flat out and to me [I could be wrong] they seem to be maturing which indicates a natural flair and future success. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Love the little show of stomach there Joe. Well sexy.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news/article/2009/nov/08/jedward-need-new-manager-says-pr-guru/
    'Jedward' need new manager, says PR guru
    Ken Sweeney, Entertainment Editor

British PR guru Max Clifford has said Irish X Factor sensations John and Edward Grimes could disappear after the show unless they find suitable management.

Clifford, who represents some of the biggest names in British showbusiness, said that despite an avalanche of publicity and tabloid coverage for the twins, their manager Louis Walsh may need help in turning turn their fame into something lasting.

"The future of the Grimes boys depends on someone getting hold of them very quickly and making the best of it. In the right hands the Grimes could be millionaires after X Factor. In the wrong hands, it could all be over for them in five minutes," said Clifford.

Their future was more likely to be as hosts of a TV show aimed at young people than as pop stars, he said.

"You have to think of what the twins could do and being a TV presenter isn't too difficult," he said. "That's something they would be suited to and could manage – something aimed at the kind of young people they appeal to. That's why the two of them hosting a talent show for a younger age group would work. The show's premise could be, 'We were really lucky because of X Factor, now we want to give other young people the same chance at fame'."

Clifford (66) thinks the boys' manager, Irish X Factor judge Louis Walsh, may not be the right man to secure them such a TV show.

"Louis Walsh is not in entertainment. He is in music. To my knowledge, Louis has never produced a successful entertainment act in the sense of Ant and Dec. The Grimes need to be working with people who have the right TV connections, which could then lead to lucrative sponsorship which could be worth millions of pounds," said Clifford.

The publicist dismissed the booing by some members of the X Factor audience each week when the twins – colloquially known as 'Jedward' – perform. There is also a Facebook campaign to have them eliminated from the ITV programme.

"Everybody knows they're dreadful singers. Their selling point is that everybody, including Simon Cowell, acknowledges that they are nice lads. To have them universally liked, they need to be really involved with other kids, visiting sick children in hospital and hospices. I think it's very possible for them to be embraced by everyone. For example when I started looking after Jade Goody the year before she died, she was the most unpopular person in Britain after what happened in Celebrity Big Brother. Yet when she died, there was an outpouring of grief from all over Britain. In that year, people had got to know who Jade Goody really was and grown to love her."

Monitoring the saturation coverage of the Dubliners in the British press last week, Clifford said he "hoped the boys had someone telling them not to take it all too seriously".

He added: "I don't know if they can win X Factor but it is a public vote. If I was Simon Cowell, I would keep my mouth shut and stop slating them. Otherwise they'll definitely win."

November 8, 2009

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Bond-007 wrote: »

Very true. If they go to RTE full-time, they will die a slow death.
    Also if they go with Louis, they will die a slow death. They need to go British mainstream and with a good television/film manager.

Credit to Louis for music management but TV programmes and the people in it, is a whole other game.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

deise_girl wrote: »
    Just shows the people with phones in Britian are idiots. People are topping polls one week, in bottom 2 the next. Then when an act does good they're in the bottom 2 and terrible ones are getting through... It's crazy!

Does anyone know next weeks theme? Last year they were very quick to announce it.

I'm not sure about the rumours about them being on top of the polls being that true, the numbers could be completely made up to create fuss!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Macros42 wrote: »
    They were reading boards - Shakira is on next week :D

hmm hmm :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62816992&postcount=7

Susan Boyle has reportedly been lined up to appear on The X Factor.

According to the News of the World, the Britain's Got Talent runner-up will perform her debut single 'Wild Horses' on the November 22 results show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Yellowsubmarine

Im so glad John and Edward stayed! The big smirk on Lucy's face when she knew she had to compete against them, and then she started crying when Simon said he was going to leave it up to the public :pac:

I'd love if they won that would be hilarious but if they don't im finished watching it when they're gone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭OnTheBalls

Jedward for taoiseach

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Is it just me or is Joe a tool. The way he talks and acts just makes me want to punch him! Stacey for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Is it just me or is Joe a tool. The way he talks and acts just makes me want to punch him! Stacey for the win.
    His teeth give me the shivers :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is anybody else really impressed with Dannii as a judge this year? While all the other judges are picking fights with each left, right and centre - Dannii remains out of it and gives the acts true honest judgement.

And the other judges (probably with exception to Louis) say ambivalent things like, "It's missing something - but I don't know what" yet Dannii actually sits there and tells the acts how they can improve for next week (e.g. when she told Danyl to stop screaming at the end of songs, but instead to 'use' his voice).

+1 - Completely agree - Danni is the only one speaking any sense this year. She also was the only one that pointed out that Danyl was completely off key for about half the song when he sang "don't want to miss a thing" on rock week!! The others didn't even mention it - all was forgotten once he ate the microphone!:mad: The others would be have been crucified if they did that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Ha ha. Did anyone notice the look of disgust on jedward's face when Louis said "Lucie, I thought you were absolutely incredible, but I do mentor the boys, So I HAVE to save them" - Hilarious.
    95633.JPG
    Lads. Just wondering, what do you think was the best live performance so far on all the live shows?

Mine is Olly's on Big band Week.

Absolutely superb.

You?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Thought Ollys performance on big band week was good but not great. His performance on last weeks show of Come together was probably the best completed by the ripping of the shirt !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I thought Louis was a bit mean to John and Edward alright saying he has to vote for them. They could have done with some support from him.

Thrilled they stayed over Lucie, I was sure they'd be gone. Lucie is a lovely singer but her songs have all started sounding the same lately. She's not strong enough to take on the likes of Leona in the charts and wouldn't be a good XFactor winner. If she was good enough then she can prove everyone wrong and get herself a good music career, she's had plenty of publicity now to start a career if she's good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Emmmooo wrote: »
    Thought Ollys performance on big band week was good but not great. His performance on last weeks show of Come together was probably the best completed by the ripping of the shirt !!!
    I love the beatles and I really really did think Olly's preformance of that was great, if buy that tomoro if he realsed it as a single

• Registered Users Posts: 45,628 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

was saying this to the GF at the weekend.

I freaking HATE the way he looks longingly into the camera at least 7 times per song, every week.

Cathooo wrote: »
    I thought Louis was a bit mean to John and Edward alright saying he has to vote for them. They could have done with some support from him.

Thrilled they stayed over Lucie, I was sure they'd be gone. Lucie is a lovely singer but her songs have all started sounding the same lately. She's not strong enough to take on the likes of Leona in the charts and wouldn't be a good XFactor winner. If she was good enough then she can prove everyone wrong and get herself a good music career, she's had plenty of publicity now to start a career if she's good enough.

Said it in the vote thread, but I thought Lucie was very poor this week, and I had her in my bottom two.

I actually thought J+E deserved to stay in this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I didn't cop this myself, but a more eagle-eyed mate did and sent it to me..

Louis reaction to the crowd after the twins showdown performance.. bit much for a family show no? :eek:

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I didn't cop this myself, but a more eagle-eyed mate did and sent it to me..

Louis reaction to the crowd after the twins showdown performance.. bit much for a family show no? :eek:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055734051

Already a thread on it in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Joe seems like a nice lad, but he's just too damn cheesy and smiley for my liking. Right now, Stacy is the biggest irritant. Her and that ****ing ridiculous way of talking and behaving. After like 10 secs, it's time to switch her off.

I just can't understand the fuss about her. Great singer, but that's about it.
    More charisma and stage presence in a penis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

walshb wrote: »
    Right now, Stacy is the biggest irritant. Her and that ****ing ridiculous way of talking and behaving. After like 10 secs, it's time to switch her off.

I just can't understand the fuss about her. Great singer, but that's about it.
    More charisma and stage presence in a penis

Funny you should mention penis. I know what I'd like to do to shut her up for a while. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement