Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Although I do believe that lst night was staged and Simon knew exactly what he was doing, I see it very difficult from here on in for the twins. The only way they may get saved again is vs. Lloyd, who is out of his depth.

I can't imagine say, Danyl or Olly or Stacy getting voted off by the judges if they are in the bottom two vs. the twins. For the twins to go on now, they really need to be NOT in the bottom two, and hopefully, folks will support them for more than just enetertainment. They are extremely tough kids who have been up against it all the time, and even for that alone, I want them to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Simon wants Danyl to win and he will do his best for this to happen (i much prefer Olly to win he has X factor and then some :D)

I really hope next week Danyl is the bottom two and goes home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

The twins should have gone once they were in the bottom 2 no matter who they were up against because they(& lloyd) are clearly the weakest left plain and simple. For Simon to moan and give out about the Twins every week and then have a chance to get rid of them and not was ridiculous and hypocritical.

He used to be mr nasty but know he's just MR GREEDY the last 2 weeks his choices have been to do with ratings and money. He must think we're stupid if he thought Jedward were going to be bottom and anyway if so why not just vote for them!!! I like alot of people im sure was screaming at the TV!Poor Lucies face when she realised Simon was ruining her dream.The twins even looked embaressed and Louis wasn't his usual self of xtra factor he as good as said he wanted Lucie to stay !!!!!!!!

Will be interesting to see next week for say example Danyl or Jamie finished in bottom 2 with the twins what would happen? Simon keeps his act,Louis the same. Then Cheryl would keep Simons does Dannii then send home the twins or send to the public just like Simon and risk the better singer going? I like Olly,Danyl and Jamie but part of me hopes that happens childish i know but thats the way Simon has been this year.Dannii was fuming with him would love to hear what she said off camera!

I really do think the X-Factor is no longer a talent,singing or entertainment show it has turned into a soap opera or a pantomine with Simon so desperate to cast himself as the main character.He has gone down so much in mine and im sure everyones estimation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I wonder does Simon know in advance who got the least number of votes?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭FruttiTutti

Bond-007 wrote: »

I wondered this too, A LOT, but I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't. SURELY that would be incredibly unfair on the acts, and is misleading to the public.

I don't know what all the fuss is about anyway, why should Simon Cowell have been allowed to save Lucy when she polled the least amount of public votes is the question I think people should be asking. Everyone is giving out about Jedward being saved by Simon, but in reality the public saved him.

• Advertisement

I wonder does Simon fix the votes?

How does the twins go from topping the votes to the bottom 2 and how does Danyl go from bottom 2 to topping the votes - coincidence :rolleyes:

JP Liz wrote: »
    I wonder does Simon fix the votes?

How does the twins go from topping the votes to the bottom 2 and how does Danyl go from bottom 2 to topping the votes - coincidence :rolleyes:

Apparently that whole story about the twins topping the votes was rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Much as I enjoy watching the twins, Simon made the wrong decision. He showed he has no integrity.. It really should be about talent.
    If the boys had've been up against Jamie he'd've let the twins go...and Jamie has no chance of winning so his comment that neither had a chance of winning anyway was nothing to do with his decision. He knows full well the twins rake in the viewers and that was why he kept them in(and maybe also, he was afraid that Lucie was a threat to one of his acts winning).
    From now on, to make it fair..they should do the same thing every week. Leave it to the public to decide. The twins will go next week anyway:(. They were 2nd last last night. None of Lucies' fans will vote for them.
    As I've said before I didn't want Lucie to go.. imo she was the best of the remaining singers. It was unfair..but I have to say a part of me is pleased to see the two boys staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Isn't "Talent" a relative concept? I think the twins are more talented than Lucie in many ways, The X factor is not just a singing competition .

Imo the more talented people stayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

When in the competition does it get to the point where the lowest votes goes? Is it when theres 5 left ? And it makes the judges irrelevant mind you thats pretty much been this full series.....................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Fed up of Cowell and his manipulation of youngsters to line his pockets. Jedward will surely go next week but he has preached on about it being a singing competition and then done a complete U turn. Lucie was too talented to lose out to them. It's a shame she's gone. I like Jedward but they have to go soon or the competition will lose all credibility! If it hasn't already.

I'm sure she'll get a recording contract out of it anyway. She has the looks and the voice so she will do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭daithiolabhrai

unichick wrote: »
    Fed up of Cowell and his manipulation of youngsters to line his pockets. Jedward will surely go next week but he has preached on about it being a singing competition and then done a complete U turn. Lucie was too talented to lose out to them. It's a shame she's gone. I like Jedward but they have to go soon or the competition will lose all credibility! If it hasn't already.

I disagree. The twins have given the X-Factor a little spice, something a little different. Maybe they're not talented but I know of people who've never watched X-Factor before who are now tuning in just to watch Jedward. They've got a nation talking and that can only be good for the show. Yes it's a shame Lucie went but as Simon said she wasn't going to win the show, and certainly wasn't going to pull in any extra ratings or publicity. Certainly, if I missed Lucie's performance on the show I wouldn't be rushing to Youtube to check it out!

That's a good point Daithi..in fact tbh I don't think I'd be rushing to youtube to see any of their performances except J&E's:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,879 ✭✭✭✭Basq

phasers wrote: »
    The X factor is not just a singing competition .
    I think the lads are great and all.. but The X Factor IS simply a singing competititon… didn’t you notice the winner gets a recording contract? It’s a bit pointless if you’re doing juggling or fire-breathing!

On the other hand, Britain’s Got Talent is a talent competition – the prize there was to perform your talent in front of the Queen.

I admit I’d like to see the lads win for the laugh.. but let’s not be naïve in saying The X Factor is not a singing competition (the absence of anything in auditions bar singers, albeit mostly poor, shows exactly this).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I disagree. The twins have given the X-Factor a little spice, something a little different. Maybe they're not talented but I know of people who've never watched X-Factor before who are now tuning in just to watch Jedward. They've got a nation talking and that can only be good for the show. Yes it's a shame Lucie went but as Simon said she wasn't going to win the show, and certainly wasn't going to pull in any extra ratings or publicity. Certainly, if I missed Lucie's performance on the show I wouldn't be rushing to Youtube to check it out!

They are talented. That's the thing. Are they the best singers? No. But, IMO, they are as good as Llyod and are far more entertaining and energetic than the rest. Olly and Danyl are also very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

basquille wrote: »
    I think the lads are great and all.. but The X Factor IS simply a singing competititon… didn’t you notice the winner gets a recording contract? It’s a bit pointless if you’re doing juggling or fire-breathing!

Not really, people will go to your concerts. There's no money in actually selling music anymore, people want performers.

Does anyone remember Chico he had a number 1 single and album and Jedward are way better than him

There is a market for chessy pop - not everyone who wins has to be a big ballad wobbler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

Poor Lucie :( I thought she was brilliant and she seems really nice too. I absolutely despise the twins. They are rubbish and a total embarrassment, I really hope they get kicked off next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Bond-007 wrote: »

Without question imo. I raised this very point last season. Cowell controls every facet of that production right down to who wins it. His record company provide the recording deal, he isn't going to award it to someone with no appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I've had Rock Dj in my head all day long :D
    In a way though I see where Simon was coming from neither of the acts should win andhe didn't really care who went and stayed so he didn't vote to get rid of Lucy nor to keep John and Edward, he just 'passed the question' to another. I think it's better he did this rather then choose someone just for the sake of it.
    Also Lucy fans are going mad at John and Edward :mad: You can't blame them for being in the competition, if it were the other way around we wouldn't be giving out about lucy staying(well maybe a little:pac:)

And I think Joe is fine. I'd say he is just that kinda person all smiley and happy. It kinda reminds me of me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 alisuz

basquille wrote: »

On the other hand, Britain’s Got Talent is a talent competition – the prize there was to perform your talent in front of the Queen.

I admit I’d like to see the lads win for the laugh.. but let’s not be naïve in saying The X Factor is not a singing competition (the absence of anything in auditions bar singers, albeit mostly poor, shows exactly this).

The x factor isnt just a singing competition. They are looking for the spark/"X" factor that a person needs to be to survive in the music industry. No matter how fantastic ur voice is, you wont get very far if you cant connect with the audience.

They do get a recording contract but you dont need to have a great voice anymore to sell records. Studios can malipulate the sound!

Also, since the start of the series do you think that they have been gunning for a male to win this year?? Now we are only half way there and yet only stacey is left!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

I think it's a tad naiive to think that Simon was just innocently passing it over to the public vote as he didn't care either way. That man definitely knew that Jedward would stay and then keep the ratings up. He has no integrity after his speeches about it being a singing competition. I was sure they were goners and would have said Cheryl might save them as Lucy was more competition for her acts but it was Simon who did it instead. Jedward to win to pee him off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I find it hilarious to see those 2 lads singing the line "give no head no backstage passes" in that Rock Dj song. The thought of Jedward taking advantage of groupies is histerical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

walshb wrote: »
    They are talented. That's the thing. Are they the best singers? No. But, IMO, they are as good as Llyod and are far more entertaining and energetic than the rest. Olly and Danyl are also very good.

I agree, they aren't the best singers but they are great entertainers. They remind me of Robbie Williams - not the best singer but darn he puts on an amazing show!

X Factor is just so drab this year. There is actually no act on it that I like and that I see could actually be successful on winning it. The only act I like is John and Edward. I mean last year there was so much talent - Alexandra Burke, JLS, Ruth, Rachel, Diana, Laura - this year there is nobody! They are all just so boring. John and Edward are the only two that I look forward to seeing on the X Factor. I know they won't win but I'd like them to make it to the final :D

So I feel bad for Lucie, but in fairness her performances were forgettable. She has a good voice but never looked like she gave it her all. I feel bad that she's gone, but not because she lost to Jedward. She polled the least votes so she deserved to go home.

I watch X Factor to be entertained. John and Edward entertain. Lucie does not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

This whole controversy would have been avoided if the public had done the right thing and put Lloyd in the bottom two. :mad: He should have been gone ages ago - Miss Frank and Rachel were miles better than him. The fact that a weak singer constantly goes through ahead of stronger contestants reminds me so much of Eoghan Quigg last year (although to be fair Lloyd is much less irritating than that Furby was)

I didn't particularly like Lucie but she probably didn't deserve to go before Jedward (even though Ghostbusters was class!) Cowell had pound signs in his eyes when he decided to bring it to deadlock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

As the X-factor now looks to be heading for America, it looks Dermot will be heading that way too.
    Good riddence!
    (News item in this thread: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055734580)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ah guys I've just spent the past 90 minutes catching up on this thread, hilarious! I always watch the X Factor with my bf and he wouldn't be impressed if I was typing on boards the whole way through so I have to catch up the next day :(

Well Mr Cowell and the Great British Public (and some Irish voters too, I'm sure!) made my weekend last night...unreal!

Worried about the twins now, the press is going to do a complete 180 on them this week I think. Dannii is going to be out for their guts too, think if they can get through next week then they'll be there til the end though :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I think from now on Jedward will be in the bottom two so It will be interesting what happens . They will only be voted off if its simons group in the bottom 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement