Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The X Factor's judges have agreed to release their own fragrances, according to a report.

Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Dannii Minogue and Cheryl Cole will bring out their individual scents in time for the Christmas market, The Sun claims.

It is believed that the stars will meet with experts this week to discuss how their products should smell.

A source said: "Simon says his will be the top-seller - he's already winding the other three up."

Each judge will reportedly receive a £250,000 advance under the new deal, as well as a slice of the profits. The fragrances are expected to be released under the X Factor brand.

:D ffs what next X factor undies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Louis Walsh's fragrance to bomb, you heard it here first peeps. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

JP Liz wrote: »
    :D ffs what next X factor undies

I bagsie Cheryl's and Danni's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I have to admit, I don't get the fuss about Ollie at all! I don't actually dislike him or anything, but I don't think he's anything special, from what I've seen. Definitely can't see him getting to the finals.

As others have said, Joe is definitely this years Eoghan Quigg - not quite as annoying though, thankfully. I suppose he'll get a fair few votes from the teenage girls though.

Miss Frank are Louis' only real hope, they're still not finalist material though. I hope he doesn't let them do that silly rapping stuff in the live shows!

I don't particularly like Lloyd, Rachel, Kandy Rain or Ricky. They're all very bleah.

Like almost everyone else, I despise John and Edward. However I feel a little bit sorry for them too. After this, they won't be able to walk down the street without getting abuse hurled at them! They're very young and probably just didn't know what they were getting themselves into. I could actually see one of two of the others (e.g. Rachel or Kandy Rain) being kicked out before them.

Danyl is irritating and fake. And very self-aware, and I don't mean that in a good way. He seems very calculating in how he portrays himself. I think he'll stay in til near the end, but I hope he won't.

My predictions for the final - Stacey (3rd), Jamie (2nd) and Lucie (1st).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Gutted that ethan, desphina and project A did not get through, cant stand the twins only got through cos their irish, thanks Louis:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

lovinit wrote: »
    Gutted that ethan, desphina and project A did not get through, cant stand the twins only got through cos their irish, thanks Louis:p

i much prefered the twins to project A :P...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 reamie

Cant stand theses two lads so arrogant, goin to put a nice bet for them to be eliminated first seen good odds of 7/4. They may get the girly vote but they wont have the backing of the Irish vote.

I know I said that they would be the first out, but I just have a weird feeling that they might survive this weekend. All depends on Cowell really, if he tears into them they could well get a sympathy vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

reamie wrote: »
    Cant stand theses two lads so arrogant, goin to put a nice bet for them to be eliminated first seen good odds of 7/4. They may get the girly vote but they wont have the backing of the Irish vote.
    can you vote on x factor in ireland ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yenraek

These twins are the focus of many jokes at the moment. Why they allowed Louis Walsh to make them look so foolish is beyond me. Is there no one there to advise any of these young contestants? What's the betting he doesn't sign them up for a record deal when they finally get voted off, whether it's this week or next week or whenever it happens.

He should be ashamed of himself for hijacking them and projecting them into this public circus. He knows he and they are being talked about and supposedly this is what he wanted for them....people talking about the twins!! I also assume their parents are happy with this arrangement as otherwise they would have done something about it.

I say it again....he should be SACKED. Pick a real talent and develop it Louis! That way you'll get more respect.

• Advertisement

Honestly yenraek, Cowell is the one who pulls the strings here.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

yenraek wrote: »
    These twins are the focus of many jokes at the moment. Why they allowed Louis Walsh to make them look so foolish is beyond me. ed off, whether it's this week or next week or whenever it happens.

He should be ashamed of himself for hijacking them and projecting them into this public circus. He knows he and they are being talked about and supposedly this is what he wanted for them....people talking about the twins!! I also assume their parents are happy with this arrangement as otherwise they would have done something about/QUOTE]

Like almost everyone else, I despise John and Edward. However I feel a little bit sorry for them too. After this, they won't be able to walk down the street without getting abuse hurled at them!/quote

I agree with all of the above--just compare it to the pair of eejets who were picked to represent us in the eurovision a while ago-- donna and joe
    The problem that people like this will always have in the future is that NO ONE will ever take them seriously and in my opinion they find themselves playing to the gallery[take a look at Joes antics for example-acting the clown constantly because he feels he has to ----and i see a little of that with the twins as well. Louis walshe has sunk to an all time low this time -if thats possible-- and should realize that he has now completely ruined a pair of kids [who may or may not deserve it because of their highbrow attitude] but who will never be the same one way or another. Their parents have a lot to answer to in my opinion--could it be that the parents are craving the limelight themselves and dont mind how they get it--a little like those mums in USA who push their daughters to be child stars and models --sometimes with awful consequences.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

getz wrote: »
    can you vote on x factor in ireland ?

Yeh I really want to know too. Hope we can :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

yes ye would...
    7830_148406631545_533181545_2769882_2338372_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Tabloid reports have claimed that Simon Cowell may miss the first X Factor live show due to illness.
    According to the Daily Star, the judge is currently "laid up at home" and has only been able to keep in contact with his Over-25s group by phone. Cowell is mentoring Jamie Archer, Olly Murs and Danyl Johnson.
    If he misses the show, it will be the first time he has been absent from the series in the programme's history. The 50-year-old reportedly came down with flu after holding large birthday celebrations last weekend.
    However, according to Cowell's spokesperson and ITV1, he is still expected to take part this weekend. "We are expecting all four judges here on Saturday," said a show source.

no Simon tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JP Liz wrote: »
    no Simon tonight
    How so?!
    However, according to Cowell's spokesperson and ITV1, he is still expected to take part this weekend. "We are expecting all four judges here on Saturday," said a show source.
    Sounds like more BS to promote the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Is the a link where x factor will be streamed live, have to work late tonight.

Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Rumoured list of song choices tonight,
    Rachel - Let Me Entertain You
    Stacey - The Scientist
    Lucie - Footprints In The Sand
    John and some Edward - Rock DJ
    Miss Frank - Who's Loving You
    Kandy Rain - Addicted To Love
    Lloyd - Cry Me A River
    Rikki - Back To Black
    Joe - No Regrets
    Olly - She's The One
    Danyl - And I'm Telling You (I'm Not Going)
    Jamie - Get It On

If it is true, then
    Cheryl is an utter idiot and Simon clearly has no idea what to do with Danyl

I kind of like Miss FRANK's choice though :)

Anyone watching Harry Hill?

Miss FRANK eating Louis...now that I would like to see :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Simon made it after all, nice one

• Advertisement

The new stage reminds me of Trinity Rooms...

She doesn't really do the song many favours..

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭subtle_as

The new stage reminds me of Trinity Rooms...

In what sense? the lights is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Why can't people in Ireland vote? I seem to remember a couple of years ago we could vote but this series and the last one has changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Rikki - Back To Black
    lolwhut?

Yes I agree I want to vote, I think its dumb not to let us especially as theres an Irish in it this year and there was last year too. And possibly before but im not certain

subtle_as wrote: »
    In what sense? the lights is it?

Yeah, just the stream lights when it started, it was the first thing I thought of...:pac:

Also....were the judges watching something else that we all missed? Because that really was atrocious...

Oh here come the strippers who used to be strippers who don't dont to be remembered as strippers because they totally used to be strippers :rolleyes:

Oh look, it's Minnie Mouse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I hope that they get a fair chance and are not just judged on their pasts...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement