Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I heard them other night thought they actually did ok :D
    But please someone cut their hair :(
    The boos are so ridiculous i am so glad Simon did something smart for change :D

Seriously how many people have been booed on that show :confused: i don't recall anyone before.

To be honest i think worst bunch i have seen on the show this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

C'mon, Louis, challenge them!

Why not Barcelona, with one singing Freddie's part and one singing Montserrat Caballé's?

That'd prove to Cowell and the rest of the doubters just how good they are. :D

Alternately, These are the days of our lives would suit perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Clearly You're My Best Friend is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

"You're My Best Friend" would suit Lloyd, it's in the range that's comfortable for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Niall09 wrote: »
    "You're My Best Friend" would suit Lloyd, it's in the range that's comfortable for him.

||

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

I am actually feeling really sorry for john and edward at the moment with the amount of boos they are getting on the live shows its just not fair there entertainment no matter what way you look at it people sayin they shudnt be in because its a singing comp but lylod cant sing and he is in!

There only 17 at the end of the day and there coming out doing what they love doing and obviously people lik them because there voting them in week after week.

So all i can say is come on John nd Edward:D:D:D:D:D

Roll on Saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I am actually feeling really sorry for john and edward at the moment with the amount of boos they are getting on the live shows its just not fair there entertainment no matter what way you look at it people sayin they shudnt be in because its a singing comp but lylod cant sing and he is in!

There only 17 at the end of the day and there coming out doing what they love doing and obviously people lik them because there voting them in week after week.

So all i can say is come on John nd Edward:D:D:D:D:D

Roll on Saturday :)

At the end of the day, they cant sing...at all. They are doomed in the long run. For me they are starting to ruin the X-Factor this year, up until last Saturday I said as long as the public vote them in then they are fair game HOWEVER they should have gone the second they were in the bottom two.

There isnt one person here who could credibly argue a case that they deserved to stay over Lucie. Simon said she wasnt going to win X-factor anyway and I agree but that is not upto him or me to decide. It's the Judges job to vote out the act and they cant even do that right.

"Two young 17 years olds, living their dream...etc" is that biggest load of rotted manure I have ever heard and currently hear, it's like me living my dream of driving an F1 car for a living, I'd be terrible at it but who cares eh?(not sure if that analogy works, Im 11.5 hours through a 12 hour shift and Im grumpy :mad: )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Four interesting articles today:

Jedward won't win 'The X Factor', says Louis
    Source: http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/jedward-wont-win-the-x-factor-says-louis-1939196.html

Simon Cowell: 'Jedward deluded'
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20091111/ten-simon-cowell-jedward-deluded-ea4616c.html

Jedward inundated with TV offers as Simon Cowell says he may take vote to deadlock AGAIN
    Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1226757/X-Factor-Jedward-inundated-TV-offers-Simon-Cowell-says-vote-deadlock-AGAIN.html

Now Jedward are apologising to Lucie? Jeez, it's not like they killed anyone...
    Source: http://www.3am.co.uk/x-factor-jedward-apologise-lucie-jones-simon-cowell-controversy/19527/

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Pherekydes wrote: »
    C'mon, Louis, challenge them!

Why not Barcelona, with one singing Freddie's part and one singing Montserrat Caballé's?

That'd prove to Cowell and the rest of the doubters just how good they are. :D

Alternately, These are the days of our lives would suit perfectly.

I would Love Love LOVE to hear them singing "Under Pressure"....that would be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Biggins wrote: »
    Four interesting articles today:

Jedward won't win 'The X Factor', says Louis
    Source: http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/jedward-wont-win-the-x-factor-says-louis-1939196.html

Simon Cowell: 'Jedward deluded'
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20091111/ten-simon-cowell-jedward-deluded-ea4616c.html

Jedward inundated with TV offers as Simon Cowell says he may take vote to deadlock AGAIN
    Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1226757/X-Factor-Jedward-inundated-TV-offers-Simon-Cowell-says-vote-deadlock-AGAIN.html

Now Jedward are apologising to Lucie? Jeez, it's not like they killed anyone...
    Source: http://www.3am.co.uk/x-factor-jedward-apologise-lucie-jones-simon-cowell-controversy/19527/

I know this has already been said, but people complaining to Ofcom and ITV? F*cking pathetic, get a life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

my local radio station has just said, that jedward have been offered work on the childrens tv in the UK,

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

I would Love Love LOVE to hear them singing "Under Pressure"....that would be amazing!

If you mean Revealing I agree:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

getz wrote: »
    my local radio station has just said, that jedward have been offered work on the childrens tv in the UK,

They should take the Disney option too as offered in one news link above.
    If they could crack USA even slightly, they will make some serious, serious money.
    ...and good luck to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Wow fair play to them!! Good luck Jedward :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Louis said on the radio John and Edward wouldn't win.. Supporting his acts atleast:confused:

Regardless of whether they can sing or not I still don't think its right for them to be booed. They didn't force anyone to keep them tehre so long they're only doing what they've been told. I just don't get why people are booing them, if people are giving out about them being there why not give out to the rest of the public voting them in?? I dunno I don't understand people anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

For me they are starting to ruin the X-Factor this year
    For me, and many others, they're making the X factor worth watching beyond the auditions for the first time ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

deise_girl wrote: »
    Louis said on the radio John and Edward wouldn't win.. Supporting his acts atleast:confused:

Regardless of whether they can sing or not I still don't think its right for them to be booed. They didn't force anyone to keep them tehre so long they're only doing what they've been told. I just don't get why people are booing them, if people are giving out about them being there why not give out to the rest of the public voting them in?? I dunno I don't understand people anymore.

Its called Thick Ignorance

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

While I would NEVER buy a Jedward single, or go to a concert, I enjoy watching them on X-Factor - simply because they are are possibly the most entertaining act to ever grace a reality show! (Breffny Morgan excluded :D)

I admit, I kinda loathed them (like a lot of people!) when they first showed up - thought them cocky little upstarts with cringy american accents.

Fair play to them though, they're living their dream, fair enough they haven't got the best voices (not tone deaf either mind!), but they come out onto that stage every week and give it everything, stage a brilliant show, and seem to bounce back from all the hate/criticism - for that, I commend them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

ad.jpg

Absolutely stupid!!! What would be the point of letting the studio audience vote??:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

jd007 wrote: »
    Absolutely stupid!!! What would be the point of letting the studio audience vote??:rolleyes:

Exactly, it's not stars in their eyes, its a huge record deal!

What eejit paid for that advertising board to be made :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

What eejit paid for that advertising board to be made

Probably Simon Cowell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

terrible show.

i've heard also that the girl put out the last night is going to be in ballybofey soon? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Someone with way too much money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

While I would NEVER buy a Jedward single, or go to a concert

Most people wouldn't buy anything to come out of the xfactor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

This week is the first performance of the charity single a cover of Jacko's You Are Not Alone

x-factor-single.jpg

I like to see how Jedward do with this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

For me, and many others, they're making the X factor worth watching beyond the auditions for the first time ever :)

ya for me there the best act since the show started. not the best singers but the best overall act that i want to see every week. i hope they go on to make a fortune. if simon signs them up they should do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

this is how i see the remaining acts

john+edward - brilliant, love them
    joe - good singer but meh..hundreds of him around
    lloyd - u have to go next
    danyl - cant stand him.
    jaimie - cant stand him now either. dont think simon cares that much about him now either. and im sick of him doing that stupid..ya rock on thing with his hands. pee off.
    ollie - ya we get it u like dancing. i dont like watching it though.
    stacey - apart from jedward i really like her. seems like agreat girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,879 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Michael Jackson's "You Are Not Alone"?

Urrgghh.. not a big fan of Jacko by any means. But always thought this was one of his more bland and drab songs!

Can't they do an uptempo charity single!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

basquille wrote: »
    Michael Jackson's "You Are Not Alone"?

Urrgghh.. not a big fan of Jacko by any means. But always thought this was one of his more bland and drab songs!

Can't they do an uptempo charity single!
    Nope! And bet they'll all be made look like they're about to cry during it, same as last year. :rolleyes:
    Can't wait to hear John and Edward in it!! I will certainly be buying :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 beanzz

You are not alone? are you kidding me? you will be alone if you find yourself buying anyone over the age of 14 that for Christmas, the X Factor, should be renamed look at how much money we can make while the public remain gullible fools, factor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement