Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Apparent song choices

John and Edward –
    Radio GaGa or Under Pressure

Danyl Johnson –
    We Are The Champions

Stacey Soloman –
    I Want To Break Free

Olly Murs –
    Don’t Stop Me Now

Jamie Archer –
    Seven Seas of Rhye or Radio GaGa

Joe McElderry –
    Somebody To Love

Lloyd Daniels –
    Crazy Little Thing Called Love
    LZ5by5 wrote: »

Lucie giving the two fingers to those who accuse her of having no personality or likeability. Very funny video. :D

If she showed a fraction of that on the show she would have sailed through! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Whats with Jamie that he might be singing Radio Gaga :S
    I heard thats what he wanted and people outside the show aren't sure if is getting to sing it or not. But I dont think that song would work for him..

Both Under Pressure and Radio Gaga would be difficult so im terrified about tomorrow. They'd be great for both songs chorus' but the rest are kinda difficult.

Heard about Danyl during the week will either be great or terrible.
    Ollies should be fun and Staceys intresting.
    Joe should be fine. Lloyd has a bit of cherography this week so that may make it someway good.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I said the other day that I'd LOVE Jedward to sing
    Under Pressure
    ! Hope they do! I think Jamie singing
    Radio Gaga
    would suit him, but wouldn't do much to shake off the karaoke tag.

Good song choices for Stacey and Olly (he really needs to be more modern but I guess you can't with Queen week!)

I think Cheryl has picked really good songs this week, if those rumours are true. I didn't even know Queen sang
    :confused: but it's a good choice for Lloyd. If Joe can pull off his song, it'll be great, he needs to show a lot of personality with it though and not do another "stage school" performance (sorry, I'm channelling Louis!)

Danyl's choice...:rolleyes:

Even though I wasn't looking forward to the Queen theme, these song choices (if they're true!) have really excited me. No one seems to be playing safe (except whoever sings Radio Gaga maybe) Going to be a big night! Predict Jame for bottom two.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

when it comes to the bottom two act the judges votes should be anonymous,should be done with a psuh button remote,, so the judges dont know who has been voted for or weather or not it would end up going to dead lock,,, its stupid that simon has the last vote and decides to bring it to dead lock, why should he have that power to do that,
    if simon didnt know how cheryl danni and ewie voted he would have voted to send twins home,, its just that he knew it was 2 -1 to lucie that he make it 2-2,
    and yes i know we all know who ewie would have voted for even if it was anonymous,but that would not matter,as its his act, what matters is when it come to last vote the judge who ever that is CAN NOT BRING IT TO DEAD LOCK JUST COZ HE FEELS LIKE IT! he would have to make a vote based on what he has seen from bottom two,not make a vote on fact it was 2-1 to lucie,
    its the fairest way to do it,,,and its all good as no judge can then get blamed for what happens,,simon took the blame last week,and it was deserved, he wanted to get rid of the treat to his acts so sent lucie packing, we all know the reasons, were not stupid,
    no one in there right mind can thing twins are better that lucie,
    AND PEOPLE VOTE FOR TWINS AS A PRANK, there are forums asking people to vote for them as a joke,'' lets make these prats win x factor'' Part of reason they get lots of prank votes,,along with there genuine votes of course,there pranks votes put them ahead of lucies votes no doubt,
    twins would be great for kids tv,can see them having there own show, i havent a problem with them,, its just x factor is a singing comp, leona lewis has been amazing since she won, we need another winner like that, not a pair twins who cants dance sing or even talk,
    omg they compared them selfs to a bicylce with broken brake! need i say more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

love to see stacy sing this,, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAp1m4NtcA she could pull it off, she has the voice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

argosy2006 wrote: »
    when it comes to the bottom two act the judges votes should be anonymous,should be done with a psuh button remote,, so the judges dont know who has been voted for or weather or not it would end up going to dead lock,,, its stupid that simon has the last vote and decides to bring it to dead lock, why should he have that power to do that,
    if simon didnt know how cheryl danni and ewie voted he would have voted to send twins home,, its just that he knew it was 2 -1 to lucie that he make it 2-2,
    and yes i know we all know who ewie would have voted for even if it was anonymous,but that would not matter,as its his act, what matters is when it come to last vote the judge who ever that is CAN NOT BRING IT TO DEAD LOCK JUST COZ HE FEELS LIKE IT! he would have to make a vote based on what he has seen from bottom two,not make a vote on fact it was 2-1 to lucie,
    its the fairest way to do it,,,and its all good as no judge can then get blamed for what happens,,simon took the blame last week,and it was deserved, he wanted to get rid of the treat to his acts so sent lucie packing, we all know the reasons, were not stupid,
    no one in there right mind can thing twins are better that lucie,
    AND PEOPLE VOTE FOR TWINS AS A PRANK, there are forums asking people to vote for them as a joke,'' lets make these prats win x factor'' Part of reason they get lots of prank votes,,along with there genuine votes of course,there pranks votes put them ahead of lucies votes no doubt,
    twins would be great for kids tv,can see them having there own show, i havent a problem with them,, its just x factor is a singing comp, leona lewis has been amazing since she won, we need another winner like that, not a pair twins who cants dance sing or even talk,
    omg they compared them selfs to a bicylce with broken brake! need i say more

IF the X-factor was a singing competition then yes this would be the best way. But its not, its a reality television programme for people like Simon Cowell to make money on. The reason the votes aren't anonymous is to entertain the viewers.

As for the twins you have to admit they are entertaining!! While they may not have been better singers than Lucie, they were definitely more entertaining!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

LadyJ wrote: »
    Yeah, remember Faryl's Dad? He seemed like a bit of an over-protective loon so I reckon he was probably in charge of anything she did. Anyone involved in a show that would knock his little princess out wouldn't be getting shít from them I bet...

The father in fact wanted her to do the competition and get herself out there - the mother who eventually would only sit in the audience and refused to appear on camera, didn't want her daughter doing it at all. Of the over protective, I'd have said she was first in the queue.
    The father as it turned out was guarding his "little princess" interests but at least he was willing to let her open doors more so.
    Can't blame a dad for looking out, for walking a fine line in guardianship (the contracts) and still giving her some slack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Niall09 wrote: »
    John and Edward –
    Radio GaGa or Under Pressure

I heard they are going to murder
    Under Pressure
    by sampling it with
    Ice Ice Baby
    Lloyd Daniels –

Just no. NO!

What are you doing to Queen Simon Cowell. :mad:
    If she showed a fraction of that on the show she would have sailed through! :)

Yup, I'd say there is plenty of footage of her like that in the house, they just never put it into the VT's. Underhanded editing FTW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Regarding Lucy...
    phasers wrote: »
    I know, in the video she claims she has no representation though

...And thats correct. As she is signed up to Simon Cowell till March 2010 she is under employment contract with his company till then.
    The previous representatives themselves admitted yesterday that they can do no further for Lucy till After March next year.
    Former barmaid Lucie, from Cardif has been offered a couple of record deals, a lead role in a new BBC TV drama, a chance to audition for a Hollywood film as well as a role in a West End musical.
    She is said to be 'gutted' after being forced to turn them down - because she is under a strict contract with the X Factor until March 2010.
    Lucie's agent Leigh-Ann Regan - who discovered her when she was a schoolgirl - is now in negotiations with ITV to see if she can loosen the strict terms of her contract.
    Speaking from her office in Bridgend, South Wales, Leigh-Ann, boss of Regan Rimmer Management, said: 'It's frustrating because we represented her before she went into the X Factor and are still representing her.

'There are lots of offers on the table - but we can't do anything with them because she's now under contract with the X Factor until March 2010.
    'We're not willing to pass the deals over to the management company because we discovered her. We're trying to change the terms.'

Leigh-Ann said one offer Lucie was forced to turn down was the chance to star opposite Hollywood heavyweight Michael Sheen in new movie Submarine.
    Weeks before she was given a place in the X Factor's final 12 she completed a screen test for the lead female role, opposite English actor Paddy Considine and directed by Richard Ayoade, the man behind cult comedies The Mighty Boosh and The IT Crowd.
    She got through to the final stages of the audition - but was forced to turn it down because of her involvement in the X Factor.
    Leigh-Ann added: 'We all just want Lucie to have a career as a successful actress and singer.'

Frankly, I think its VERY mean of Simon to be so tight arsed not to let a person take advantage of risen opportunities while they can.
    "Striking while the iron is hot" so to speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I heard they are going to murder
    Under Pressure
    by sampling it with
    Ice Ice Baby
    Ice Ice Baby
    samples
    Under Pressure
    in the first place

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    Ice Ice Baby
    samples
    Under Pressure
    in the first place

Yes, but Under Pressure on its' own is a fantastic classic song. To do some Vanilla Ice rapping in the middle of it is IMO an insult to Freddy Mercury and Queen.

Yes, but Under Pressure on its' own is a fantastic classic song. To do some Vanilla Ice rapping in the middle of it is IMO an insult to Freddy Mercury and Queen.
    Oh my God, they're rapping? I thought you meant the bassline! eep!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Can't wait to hear those high notes :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I might be more interested in the football this evening :eek:

I'll flick to x-factor to catch some of the performances, but I'm really not bothered who wins now. Seems like a waste of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭muffinhead

I see there are 2000 votes available through Free2Call.tv this week. Check this page later tonight to cast your votes for Jedward :

http://free2call.tv/X-Factor.html :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Did anyone just hear Liam mcKenna (the guy with the 'backstage goss') on the radio?

He said Jedward had to change their song at the very last minute last night as it wasn't working.

That'll be tough on them! I know the same thing happened to Jamie but he just stands there and sings every week. Liam said the twins were practicing the routine for the other song all week, and now they have to learn a new one.

Also how could Under pressue with Ice Ice baby be anything but bad?? Definitely not going to save them. So cheesy! Surely Radio Gaga would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Did anyone just hear Liam mcKenna (the guy with the 'backstage goss') on the radio?

He said Jedward had to change their song at the very last minute last night as it wasn't working.

That'll be tough on them! I know the same thing happened to Jamie but he just stands there and sings every week. Liam said the twins were practicing the routine for the other song all week, and now they have to learn a new one.

Also how could Under pressue with Ice Ice baby be anything but bad?? Definitely not going to save them. So cheesy! Surely Radio Gaga would be better.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a186847/john--edward-forced-to-change-song.html

eek

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Right, so not being able to sing the song properly, unsure of the lyrics and the dance routine is going to affect their normal performance how?? :pac:

Isn't that how it looks with them every week? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I'd say Jedward would only last against Lloyd if it came down to deadlock.
    Can't really see Simon doing it again when Jedward come up against a half-decent act.
    Yeah but Lloyd isn't half decent. He's shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Yeah but Lloyd isn't half decent. He's shite.

Thats what I was saying in a weird way :P.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Yeh John and Edward have been 'forced' to sing
    Under Pressure/ice ice baby
    only yesterday.. Apperently they're kinda worried about it :/

:(

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Songs officially revealed five mins ago!
    Stacey
    Who Wants To Live Forever

Joe
    Somebody To Love

Lloyd

Danyl
    We Are The Champions

Jamie
    Radio Gaga

Olly
    Don't Stop Me Now

John and Edward
    Under Pressure / Ice ice baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

The group song has to be bohemian rhapsody. Has to be....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Going to miss it tonight, raging but i'll catch up in the morning, looks like it will be an eventful night with those songs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

asdasd wrote: »

Yeah, and it should be all dark with just lights on their faces.:D
    Wait, so are they doing their charity single and another group performance??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

No, I dont know. I suppose it is the charity song only.

It is.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

No, I dont know. I suppose it is the charity song only.

Its possible that they willl be doing two - AFAIK Shakira is the only guest performer this week, so there would be time for two performances!

• Advertisement

Just listening to the G4 version of it now on TV3's we love the xfactor!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement