Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Dannii minogue "performed" at the mitchelstown "festival" about 5 years ago. I mean a makeshift stage in the square. Pathetic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

phasers wrote: »
    DAmn, therre may be no votes for us this week!

I blame Jedward haters trying to stop the Irish vote :pac:
    :eek::(
    And i bought credit and all

Any hope it will come back??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

phasers wrote: »
    I blame Jedward haters trying to stop the Irish vote :pac:

Yes it was all me! :D I did it, blame me!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

deise_girl wrote: »
    :eek::(
    And i bought credit and all

Any hope it will come back??
    I'm not sure, they say stay tuned but it seems there was some sort of foul play involved in the lines being down!

Alicat: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭FruttiTutti

No joke, I thought Olly said "My nan made hash for everyone".

I thought thats what he said too, and was then reaching to get it for everyone!! Hilarious!!

Stacey was amazing tonight, and Joe was brilliant too, I want one of them to win :o)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Will it not work if we just put 0044 and then dial the British voting number?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

If john and edward leave tomoro after a performance like that..

.. :(

i really hope we get to vote!

I hope Calvins voting :)

Seriously made the show for me!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Just watched all the performances on YouTube (Ireland match took priority tonight) whilst enjoying the comments on this thread:

Stacey - Fantastic performance. Still my favourite.

Jedward - They finally won me over with Ghostbusters last week and tonight they made Vanilla Ice sound good. Fair play to them! :)

Joe - Pretty meh until he pulled off those big notes near the end. Not a big fan of him but here's no denying he can sing.

Olly - "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" would have been a better choice for him. He did ok with "Don't Stop Me Now" but it was nothing special.

Lloyd - Actually not too bad tonight - definitely his best performance and a refreshingly good song choice from Cheryl. He still should go home though.

Danyl - Very flat in parts; he's not as good at the big rock song as Simon thinks.

Jamie - Terrible. I liked him at the start but he's gotten weaker as the weeks have gone on. I'd put him in the bottom 2 with either Lloyd or Danyl this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

CalvinHarris.jpg

I would say this was pre-planned somehow, because apparently he posted a picture of a pineapple on Twitter 10 hours ago.

Leg-end!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

yeah, he did, but it doesn't mean that the X-Factor knew about it.

that said, as somebody tweeted - even the stage invasions are sponsered by Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

VANILLA ICE COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is all

What makes me sad is the fact the twins were not even born when this was first released. I feel old now :(

My fave performance overall this year, and Calvin soo made it :P
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a186910/calvin-harris-thrown-out-of-x-factor.html
    He was menat to be on the xtra factor, but they had to throw him out Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Im nearly ashamed, i never watch x factor out of principle, but i was one of the 2000 free votes that got to use free2call 2nite. And i voted for the 'fro. I feel that the world is in dire need of a new credible rock singer *queue jedward fans berating me*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I'm not an out and out jedward fan.

Can't believe you voted for Jamie (and called him a credible rock singer - wtf? He's on X factor ffs) I thought he was woeful tonight.

Does nobody remember Tabby? That's what happens to 'credible rock stars' on the X Factor. They get forgotten about. Also, I don't get the whole Simon supporting Olly thing. He is like a straight, more dancing Will Young, who Simon never wanted to win Pop Idol.

I've heard the 'fros original stuff and its quite good. And yes i would class him as a credible rock singer, its a field ive been working in for many years at this stage, and despite my hate for the format of shows like x factor, i reckon he's got what it takes. FFS jon bon jovi wanted him to tour with him, who else on the show would have gotten that endorsement?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Does nobody remember Tabby? That's what happens to 'credible rock stars' on the X Factor. They get forgotten about. Also, I don't get the whole Simon supporting Olly thing. He is like a straight, more dancing Will Young, who Simon never wanted to win Pop Idol.

Ah Will Young winning Pop Idol was brilliant! :) SOOO many people thought Gareth was gonna walk it but I was delighted when Will won :D

I've heard the 'fros original stuff and its quite good. And yes i would class him as a credible rock singer, its a field ive been working in for many years at this stage, and despite my hate for the format of shows like x factor, i reckon he's got what it takes. FFS jon bon jovi wanted him to tour with him, who else on the show would have gotten that endorsement?

My point is that this is not the best format of show for him to showcase what he can do, as it is predominately a show that is looking for a pop singer, so I wouldn't be too confident that the voting demographic would vote him to win. I think he should have went off to tour with Bon Jovi as this would have given him more exposure than I think this show will.

• Advertisement

Does nobody remember Tabby? That's what happens to 'credible rock stars' on the X Factor. They get forgotten about.

I DO remember tabby. He lost and mrs. Osbourne took him under her wing. But he wasnt willing to put in the necessary hard graft and so that was his downfall. His band Petronella were exceptional, louis walsh was interested in them way before x factor.

I think he should have went off to tour with Bon Jovi as this would have given him more exposure than I think this show will.

I'm sure he would have given SYCO/SIMCO the two fingers and taken the oppurtunity if the the x-factor contract wasn't so watertight

• Registered Users Posts: 23,349 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Does anyone think that Joe wasnt actually singing live? I would put money on it. It looked so bad on the close up shots

I'm not too sure either way tbh, but if you skip forward to the 1.27 stage, it's a very strange camera angle, considering the camera angles and his position on stage is all choreographed.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

Hi Guys I just wanted to let you know that you can vote from Ireland now.The phone numbers are on Bebo and Facebook under Irishvotes. I voted tonight using the numbers and I believe they will be in the newspapers nextweek they are provided by an Irish Telcomms company and I heard they are going to be doing the numbers for I'm a Celebrity get me out of here.So vote now while you have the chance:)

Just listened to the charity singe on youtube, it's fair bad. Don't think John and Edward even feature in it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 fruglo

I think the guy with the 'fro is super hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Aprilmay wrote: »
    Hi Guys I just wanted to let you know that you can vote from Ireland now.The phone numbers are on Bebo and Facebook under Irishvotes. I voted tonight using the numbers and I believe they will be in the newspapers nextweek they are provided by an Irish Telcomms company and I heard they are going to be doing the numbers for I'm a Celebrity get me out of here.So vote now while you have the chance:)

Ok I hope this is not a scam, the number for voting for Jedward is 1515-301105

the facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.php?pid=2727911&id=176113799110

I rang it and the lads came on and said thanks for voting for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just catching this now on YouTube.......Olly is ****.

Competent vocal from Joe, still feel nothing toward him though. Zero charisma.

Shockingly, a good performance by Lloyd.

Stacey was amazing, but I worry that the longer she goes without an uptempo song the more she'll suffer.

Good performance by Danyl, but still comes across as a 90's throwback for me.

I don't think Jamie understands the meaning of this song at all. Good vocal though.

The worst thing about J&E's performance is that they actually performed the actual Under Pressure parts well, there was absolutely no need for the Vanilla Ice rapping, ****ing stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

Ok I hope this is not a scam, the number for voting for Jedward is 1515-301105

the facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.php?pid=2727911&id=176113799110

I rang it and the lads came on and said thanks for voting for them
    No its not a scam a friend of mine works for the company they didn't get the numbers ready in time to be printed in the paper. Whoever you vote for comes on the line and thanks you for your vote thats what should happen. The numbers will have more publicity next week in the paper so since they missed them they put them up on facebook and Bebo which is a great idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement