Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Niall09 wrote: »

Boring as hell version and would put me to sleep.
    Its gets irritating after 30 seconds.

As its for kids though, I'd prob buy it - or just give the same amount to Crumlin Hospital again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

single is crap

Ollie wasnt good at all last night, weakest prefromance he has given so fair.. still love the dancing :)

haha at edward nearly falling jumping thru the paper thing at the start, they were actally really good last night, and handle the whole clavin harris thing really well, by just keeping going

Stacey was great, but its the same thing week after week, all ballads, no reall up tempo stuff, just makes her look like a one trick pony

Danyl, cringe cringe cringe at the sone choice for him , and WFT he is a dance teacher to?!!! then why the hell is he NEVER dancing... would you not use that to your advantage, if its something he is clearly good at , obv not

Jamie, really think he is in trouble tonight

Joe, and Llyod.. meh meh meh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Not sure i like the single at all, i know it's for a good cause but its too much of certain people singing. And only one line for John and Edwards a bit harsh!

Maybe i just liked the one last year because Austin was in it though :o

Yeah it's not great. There's way too much of Danyl, (always would be though with Simon running the show) and I like joe, but there's too much of him aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Would Danni ever cop the fck on. I don't know what her problem is, obviously she should be disappointed that Lucie is gone but there's no need to be such a horrible bitter old lady about it. Lucie got the least number of votes, the public decided.

Cheryl and Danni have gotten so annoying. They just have nothing to offer or anything anyway intelligent to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Dannii gives an honest opinion, while the rest of them are wrapping Jedward up in cotton wool, yet she's the one lacking in intelligence? I've heard it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Dannii gives an honest opinion, while the rest of them are wrapping Jedward up in cotton wool, yet she's the one lacking in intelligence? I've heard it all.

Jedward are getting death threats and they're being wrapped up in cotton wool? Are you serious!?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It's more the constant digs Dannii makes at them. Not liking them is fine, but she is constantly being rude about them and it's obviously just bitterness about last week.

Jedward are getting death threats and they're being wrapped up in cotton wool? Are you serious!?

Wrapped up in cotton wool by Simon, Cheryl and Louis. There are demented people at there, that's nothing new.
    phasers wrote: »
    It's more the constant digs Dannii makes at them. Not liking them is fine, but she is constantly being rude about them and it's obviously just bitterness about last week.

What Danni said basically was what's the story with inserting Vanilla Ice lyrics into the song. Perfectly valid criticism, and she was right anyway, the boys actually handled Under Pressure okay. There was no need for the stupid rapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

to be honest and even Simon said it yesterday, John and Edward have behaved admirably regarding their treatment. Danyl got a bit of stick early on in the competition and he's still milking it. If i was getting booed every week on the x factor i'ld struggle to not tell the audience to go f*ck themselves when dermot came to talk to me. Danni took every opportunity to whinge last night, she just ended up letting herself down. And Jedward turned the boo boys around last night, no boos after their performance. Fair play to them. They wont win it, but thats besides the point. I don't see the winner of this season going anywhere anyway.

If she had ANY intelligence, she wouldn't be getting in low bitchy digs at every opportunity.
    NOT very lady like too - her true nature is showing thru - that of a vicious miserable "chip on the shoulder" cow!

• Advertisement

They are undoubtedly thick skinned, I'll give them that, most would have crumbled by now.

Biggins wrote: »
    If she had ANY intelligence, she wouldn't be getting in low bitchy digs at every opportunity.
    NOT very lady like too - her true nature is showing thru - that of a vicious miserable "chip on the shoulder" cow!

I knew this was an issue, because she's a woman she's not allowed to tell like it is, yet Mr. Nasty gets free reign to say whatever he wants and no-one bats an eyelid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

no its not because shes a woman at all, its just because on numerous occasions last night she made sly digs in their direction, it was pathetic and juvenile.

I knew this was an issue, because she's a woman she's not allowed to tell like it is, yet Mr. Nasty gets free reign to say whatever he wants and no-one bats an eyelid.
    Not so. I've been giving out about Simon A LOT!
    Read back a few posts. Utter thug and bully! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Did you see the Xtra Factor last week? Every single time she got to speak she made digs at Jedward. She carried it on this week. I don't care if she's a man, woman, or bit of both. She's bullying two 18 year old lads, just because one of her precious acts lost to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

She seriously had a chip on her shoulder last night when commenting on jedwards performance. Even simon was telling her to just shut it...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

I have to agree Danni's behaved like a spoilt child she went straight in for the kill when all the others admitted that thier performance was thier best.They will be still in I voted for them and I know lots of others who did.The audience should be ashamed of themselves Louis Walsh was giving out last week because there were people in the crowd shouting at them scumbags and worse -even Dermot told them to stop -they are kids afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It has totally changed this year. There is definitely a different vibe to it all. The judges don't seem to care about the contestants at all, it's more about who can give the nastiest comment, get the most column inches in the papers. I mean, Louis Walsh giving the crowd the two fingers - what's that all about?

Maybe it is because the majority of the singers in the competition this year are all pretty boring?

Did you see the Xtra Factor last week? Every single time she got to speak she made digs at Jedward. She carried it on this week. I don't care if she's a man, woman, or bit of both. She's bullying two 18 year old lads, just because one of her precious acts lost to them.

Yep, EVERY time - there was a dig. It went on and on and on...
    Its bloody disgraceful - and I'd say the same about any person be they male or female! :mad:

Larianne wrote: »
    It has totally changed this year. There is definitely a different vibe to it all. The judges don't seem to care about the contestants at all, it's more about who can give the nastiest comment, get the most column inches in the papers. I mean, Louis Walsh giving the crowd the two fingers - what's that all about?

Maybe it is because the majority of the singers in the competition this year are all pretty boring?
    agreed!
    although imo, louis has changed for the better :D. He's so funny!

• Advertisement

Not so. I've been giving out about Simon A LOT!
    Read back a few posts. Utter thug and bully! :mad:

If you want to blame someone for Jedward's harsh treatment from the audience, Dannii, average joe on the street etc etc then blame Simon. He's the orchestrator of this entire circus, he has put them in the situation where they are getting hate mail.

She also said that they were thoroughly nice lads. She didn't once get personal with them, she only focused on their performances. She's perfectly entitled to do that. She's not bullying them in any shape or form.

...I mean, Louis Walsh giving the crowd the two fingers - what's that all about?
    Have you been watching the show at all or have you failed for near two months to hear all the boo and hissing crowd at the two teens! :confused:

If you want to blame someone for Jedward's harsh treatment from the audience, Dannii, average joe on the street etc etc then blame Simon. He's the orchestrator of this entire circus, he has put them in the situation where they are getting hate mail.
    Partly true - BUT!!! - he didn't put the vicious words in her mouth that coming out at every opening!
    Talk about throwing petrol on flames!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Have you been watching the show at all or have you failed for near two months to hear all the boo and hissing crown at the two teens! :confused:

Ah yeah but that's all part of it, no? That's why the lads are still in the show. It's more like a pantomime booing.

Partly true - BUT!!! - he didn't put the vicious words in her mouth that coming out at every opening!
    Talk about throwing petrol on flames!!!

Seriously dude what did she say that was so awful?

Ah yeah but that's all part of it, no? That's why the lads are still in the show. It's more like a pantomime booing.

If booing with utter hatred behind it, is part of any Panto they should be fcuked out on their ear!
    Disgusting behaviour from the audience.
    This show is about people's possible futures - not a two week stint at a local stage in town!

i dont know what pantomine booing is but i do know that the crowd booed them because they had no sense of humour and hated their guts :P. But not anymore :D! Jedward, jedward, jedward!

Seriously dude what did she say that was so awful?
    The list is too long but look from the moment Lucy went - then watch the shows and the extra-factor shows again.
    When the twins come up, its dig after dig. NOT bad DIRECT comments about their talents or lack of, O' no... its just utter disgusting un-ladylike digs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ClubOrangeKid

I thought Lucie was a good singer but I prefer Jedward, i was sad to see her leave but she was quite boring but getting to my point once Lucie had left the competiton the booing stopped? Maybe her family were just annoyed that Jedward were still in the comp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

All that booing is the same ****e that has ruined Big Brother in the last few years. With the X Factor, the crowd seem to think they are at Britain's Got Talent, which is more of a pantomine atmosphere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement