Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Emmmooo wrote: »
    Don't you mean defunct? :p

And actually Louis is a very successful manager.
    His top 3 acts are huge stars!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

deise_girl wrote: »
    Yea thats the easiest way to tell them apart but they dont always stand like that, Ill double check but I think the sky interview it was Edward on the left.

No Edward is on the right in the sky news interview. The easiest way to tell them apart is that Edward's face is rounder that John's. John has a thinner face.

John is the one Simon said was especially vile and irritating, and is the one usually babbling on in interviews. Edward always has to interrupt him to get a word in. I like Edward more, because he seems quite quiet and deep, but I agree, John is alot better at the routines than Edward. Edward always look a bit awkward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Defending?? Why do they require any defense?
    It's supporting.

What are you on about?

Defending/supporting whatever.

Lloyd to win, he's really improving from week to week. He's beginning to find his vocal range.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ateam wrote: »

Lloyd to win, he's really improving from week to week. He's beginning to find his vocal range.

lol. It can't be that hard to find, it's pretty narrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

:eek:
    words can't express my confusion. Have you ears?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

zuroph wrote: »
    :eek:
    words can't express my confusion. Have you ears?

He hasn't had the right songs yet. He could be the first winner that has been in the bottom two.

:eek::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Lads and ladies, really, do you really want to get into arguments about who are good and who are bad vocally?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

No Edward is on the right in the sky news interview. The easiest way to tell them apart is that Edward's face is rounder that John's. John has a thinner face.

John is the one Simon said was especially vile and irritating, and is the one usually babbling on in interviews. Edward always has to interrupt him to get a word in. I like Edward more, because he seems quite quiet and deep, but I agree, John is alot better at the routines than Edward. Edward always look a bit awkward.
    Oh sorry cant remember. But they do move, its not always John ton the left.. I feel like making a little checklist to show the differences(anything to delay my homework essays:P) Probs make it later
    I agree with you John has an oval shaped head and Edwards is more heart shaped(broad forehead but gets narrower)
    Just watching different videos of them in the house and Edwards a lot more 'excitable' He's laughing about something odd the whole time :P Hes also the one that smiles during the judges comments. Ill make a little list later of how to tell them apart for people unsure :)

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Lads and ladies, really, do you really want to get into arguments about who are good and who are bad vocally?
    No argument necessary: Lloyd is dire.

Vocally it goes:

1. Stacey
    2. Joe
    3. Danyl
    4. Olly
    5. Jedward
    6. Lloyd

But vocals aren't everything. Danyl for instance is a alright singer but he comes across as an arrogant prick to a lot of people. Olly is not as strong as Danyl but he is much more likeable. Jedward can't sing very well (Although they are slowly improving) but they perform and leave people with a smile on their faces.

Edit: IMO of course ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I wasn't disputing the vocal ability of Lloyd. I was just amused that Jedward fans would be cutting towards another act's vocal ability. I'm a sucker for noticing irony. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,250 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Are the people who defend the twins related to them or do they get money for defending them?

they brighten up any Saturday or Sunday night i'm in.

the rest bore me to tears.

sometimes with the rest i think 'good vocal' but that's as far as it goes. there is nothing i would talk about the next day with anyone. danyl is the only one with that famous first audition. i can barely remember any of the other performances.

apart from the twins.

whether for the right or wrong reasons, they entertain me.

'Ghostbusters' and 'Under Pressure', along with Danyl's 'With A Little Help From My Friends' are what i remember so far from X-Factor performance-wise.

they took death threats, and whether naively or not, just went about their business; having a laugh and putting a smile on a lot of people's faces.

the rest depress me at this stage - whether they sing well or not, it's usually meh and not uplifting in the slightest.

the twins won't win. one, maybe 2 of the rest have half a chance of doing something in the music business and they'll deservedly win. so enjoy the twins while they're there.

they haven't knocked out anyone yet who was ever going to 'make it'.

g'wan the Jedward.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I wasn't disputing the vocal ability of Lloyd. I was just amused that Jedward fans would be cutting towards another act's vocal ability. I'm a sucker for noticing irony. ;)
    I never said they were great singers ;)

just watched Jedward again on Channel 5.

seriously, as Ian Wright Wright Wright said, they should release that version of Under Pressure.

no joke.

by the way, if you want to hear Jamie Archer moan about X Factor, stick on Channel 5 at 7.10.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

SlickRic wrote: »
    by the way, if you want to hear Jamie Archer moan about X Factor, stick on Channel 5 at 7.10.

Don't have Channel 5, but presumably it'll be yadda yadda I wasn't allowed pick the right songs etc etc.

If he wants to make a career out of music, in which he has full creative control, the X Factor is not the best way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I had a dream last night that John and Edward won X Factor :D

Then it went straight to Xtra Factor, where Holly interviewed Richard Hammond, who was spinning round on an office chair while being interviewed. :confused:

I have weird dreams...

Then it went straight to Xtra Factor, where Holly interviewed Richard Hammond, who was spinning round on an office chair while being interviewed. :confused:

I have weird dreams...
    I had a dream about a Dacia Sandero last night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

read this and Genuinely thought to myself ""who the hell is Jamie Archer?"!!
    took me a few minutes to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Next week's theme...
    Duran Duran
    apparantly...

I would love to see Jedward do
    Wildboys
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I have weird dreams...
    Lmao thats a fantastic dream :P

if that theme's true...

then then these theme's are getting ridiculous.

really really ridiculous.

I just got my Jedward business cards in the post :cool:

I have 10, I know the pictures are awful but yiz get the jist! They actually look brilliant

They say "Support Jedward!"

dsc00154t.jpg
    Back

dsc00157.jpg
    Front

:pac: :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

where you get those??!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

awesome!!! hahaha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Cheers, uploading now.
    Will be viewable for all in 5 minutes according to unloading Youtube clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

JoeFitz89 wrote: »
    I think people are voting for 'jedward' just to annoy cowell.
    Joe is in with a really good chance.

There probably is a few people voting to annoy Simon but I'd say the lads get most of their votes cos of their entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Did anyone else like the twins but feel they've had their day, it's not funny anymore and are bored stiff by them?

Nope, they are the only reason I've watched the X-factor this year tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

As mentioned Jamie Archer quick chat.
    He don't like Louis LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement