Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

I had to turn it off, he's such a moaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Am I the only one who dies a little every time they hear the word 'Jedward'?

I actually quite like the two of them because I think they're a bit of a laugh but why do the media insist on forming new words out of two people's names? Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are just that, not 'Brangelina'.

The two boys are John and Edward! It's not hard to say!

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who dies a little every time they hear the word 'Jedward'?

I actually quite like the two of them because I think they're a bit of a laugh but why do the media insist on forming new words out of two people's names? Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are just that, not 'Brangelina'.

The two boys are John and Edward! It's not hard to say!

Yes, my Mam. She likes the two boys as well but refuses to call them Jedward. I was still calling them John and Edward up to about a week ago but the way I see it now is it's just their "group" name so to speak. No harm really.

shinny wrote: »
    Yes, my Mam. She likes the two boys as well but refuses to call them Jedward. I was still calling them John and Edward up to about a week ago but the way I see it now is it's just their "group" name so to speak. No harm really.

I like your mam and don't agree with your reasoning that I've highlighted in bold. :D

The harm is that it's just perpetuating this ridiculous device the brain-dead media uses. It screams of the News of the World, The Sun and all that other gossipy crap.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I like your mam and don't agree with your reasoning that I've highlighted in bold. :D

The harm is that it's just perpetuating this ridiculous device the brain-dead media uses. It screams of the News of the World, The Sun and all that other gossipy crap.

But...whilst I agree with the Brangelina and Bennifer (or whatever that was!) naming convention being ridiculous, I think this actually logically works. They are twins, that are a group and so I can make that leap here. Bands often use their first initials or part of their names to form the band name. The problem is they didn't name themselves, the media did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Next week's theme...
    Duran Duran
    apparantly...

I would love to see Jedward do
    Wildboys
    :D

:confused:

That is just an abomination if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That can't be the theme... that's rubbish!

Do they have a greatest hits album coming out?

shinny wrote: »
    But...whilst I agree with the Brangelina and Bennifer (or whatever that was!) naming convention being ridiculous, I think this actually logically works. They are twins, that are a group and so I can make that leap here. Bands often use their first initials or part of their names to form the band name. The problem is they didn't name themselves, the media did.

That's the point. If their band name was Jedward, then there's no problem, but it isn't (although I suspect it might be). So it's just been invented by the media and people accept it, adopt it and use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Next week's theme...
    Duran Duran
    apparantly...

Wildboys
    :D

Oh no!!! :eek:
    This can't be true.

My mam will be singing along all night now...
    Its bad when she sings to songs she doesn't know (well mumbles as she doesnt know the words) but
    Duran Duran
    ! She'll be singing louder than ever now. This is seriously gonna ruin a good aul Saturday night:(.

Please don't let it be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Anyone else have Under Pressure in their heads all day?

• Advertisement

Anyone else have Under Pressure in their heads all day?

I've had Ice Ice Baby in my head :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I've had them both in my head all day : ) i also youtubed their songs and now have oops i did it again in my head aswel :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Had a John and Edward day :)
    Watched all their performances, video diaries, cooking diaries and interview(well the ones I could find)

In one of them they mentioned the Jedward thing and said they thought it was 'so cool' :P

Who are
    Duran Duran
    :confused::confused:

deise_girl wrote: »

Who are
    Duran Duran

Some 80's crap...

:)
    Lol Just saw this... If teenage girls are Lloyds sole fan base they're not going to forgive him easily for his choice of footwear..
    b3kf93.jpg
    Hes wearing uggs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Lol Just saw this... If teenage girls are Lloyds sole fan base they're not going to forgive him easily for his choice of footwear..
    b3kf93.jpg

This looks exactly like what I was wearing yesterday :( Ugg boots, jeans, slouchy hat, white cardi!

The sh-tate of Lloyd in that picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

From the shoulders down he looks like a girl :P

In one of them they mentioned the Jedward thing and said they thought it was 'so cool' :P
    Just watching another, one of the chefs called John Jedward, and he kinda seriously said "its John" Maybe they dont like it :confused:
    This looks exactly like what I was wearing yesterday :( Ugg boots, jeans, slouchy hat, white cardi!
    I think its a very feminine look for him.. Im deliberating printing out loads of copies and sticking them up in school so people realise hes annoying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

b3kf93.jpg

Fcuk his crap singing....he should be voted off just for that!

• Advertisement

I think its a very feminine look for him.. Im deliberating printing out loads of copies and sticking them up in school so people realise hes annoying :)

Well luckily I'm a girl so I can pull it off!

Thats why I wrote for him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,250 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

leave Lloyd alone.

he's obviously missing his penis.

SlickRic wrote: »
    leave Lloyd alone.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

SlickRic wrote: »
    leave Lloyd alone.

My first LOL on boards today, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Who are
    Duran Duran
    b3kf93.jpg

Both posts as shocking as eachother :pac:!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

I'm still gonna call that it is going to be Mariah Carey week or something similar. Sure they always do the weeks around the guest performers. Can't think of any Mariah song the twins can rap to though :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

If teenage girls are Lloyds sole fan base they're not going to forgive him easily...

What better way to relate to your fan base than to wear their clothes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Some 80's crap...

Crap?!?!?! Chooooonage:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaTL6VAr2RY

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Originally Posted by Busi_Girl08
    Next week's theme...
    Duran Duran
    apparently...

Wildboys

LOL I was going to say "cool" (as I'm an oldie and remember them all) but the thoughts of Lloyd or Danyl murdering classic 80's songs is too much to bear

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement