Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

deise_girl wrote: »
    Who are
    Duran Duran
    :confused::confused:

Ah kids these days. :D They're just a dime a dozen flamboyant 80's pop band.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

deise_girl wrote: »
    Who are
    Duran Duran
    :confused::confused:
    O' dear - now I DO feel old! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Who are all these "Show insiders"?

http://www.3am.co.uk/x-factor-jedward-sound-technician-accusations/19673/
    3am wrote:
    X Factor accused of rigging Jedward's performance

You know the amazing unburstable bubble that is Jedward? Well, someone's just tried to burst it. Big style.

A mysterious X Factor "insider" has claimed that sound technicians were forced to turn down the twins' vocals during their performance of Under Pressure... well, Ice Ice Baby, really... on Saturday's show - or they'd get the sack. Ooooooooh, dramarama-tastic.

"It is totally outrageous - and unfair to the other contestants," says someone who sounds like they've got a bit of PMT. "It is cheating. The only time the sound levels on the mics were lifted was when they were rapping. I am disgusted. A work colleague of mine was threatened with the sack before Saturday's live show."

"Every week session singers come in to the studio to record backing tracks to some of the contestants' songs. The twins have had backing vocals on all their live performances so far. The sound crew are always told to turn the levels of their mics down so their vocals are mostly covered by the backing singers. We are used to tweaking levels, it is part of their job but what we were asked to do on Saturday was beyond a joke."

They added, in full Points Of View mode now (ask your mum), "It makes me truly sick that we are part of this manipulation."

Unsurprisingly, the official X Factor line is that Jedward haven't received any special treatment. "All the contestants sing live on Saturday night and are given an equal amount of technical support," says a spokeslady.

So, the plot thickens.

Does it EVER end? Just let the boys be!

Also Fair play to Biggins for posting a great comment underneath

I'm pretty sure I could make out their vocals very clearly for the most part, I call tabloid bollocks on this story.

Definitely, if anything I could hear them better than most weeks!

• Advertisement

Pure sour grapes by someone with a chip on their shoulder!
    Danni going anon?

Biggins wrote: »
    Pure sour grapes by someone with a chip on their shoulder!
    Danni going anon?
    :D
    I thought the same thing, especially when I read
    "It is totally outrageous - and unfair to the other contestants," says someone who sounds like they've got a bit of PMT.
    Sounds like Dannii to me!

phasers wrote: »
    Sounds like Dannii to me!

If it is then I'm actually on her side. :p

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    If it is then I'm actually on her side. :p

Thats ok, we all have our crosses to bear! :P :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Something that has been worrying me,am i right in thinking this is the last week of the judges voting to eliminate an act? Going on last year when it went down to 6 left Rachel was eliminated and the following week Ruth went but not in a sing off but because she has the least number of votes.
    Ok its probably not gonna make much of difference because it goes to Deadlock every week anyway but it is a worry that it goes solely into the public's hands in two weeks.

Lets be honest & i think everyone will agree the competition is split into 2 sections now 4 geniune contestants who could win Danyl,Joe,Stacey and Olly and 2 acts that realistically shouldn't be there Jedward and Lloyd.Now in theory we should wondering what 1 of the 4 won't make the final cos it is hard to separate them but throw into the mix the other 2 acts(that will get alot of votes)and we could end up with an unlikely final 3.Id especially worry about Lloyd making it although the only hope is both he and Jedward have been in the bottom 2 for the last 3 weeks but have been saved by the judges not doing their duty and voting with their pockets in 2 cases!

On that subject ateam what are u on???? See its people thinking like you that makes me think Lloyd IS going to be the Leon Jackson of this year!

Doubt it would be Mariah Carey week they had that last year haven't actually heard what theme it is this week but judging by one posting it seems to be a suprise one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Jedward are in Dublin today, they were at the Institute and the running track in UCD. I've heard they might be switching on the Christmas lights in Stephen's Green later?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,625 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Emmmooo wrote: »
    Something that has been worrying me,am i right in thinking this is the last week of the judges voting to eliminate an act? Going on last year when it went down to 6 left Rachel was eliminated and the following Ruth went but not in a sing off because she least number of votes.
    Ok its probably not gonna make much of difference because it goes to Deadlock every week anyway but it is a worry that it goes solely into the public's hands in two weeks.

Lets be honest & i think everyone will agree the competition is split into 2 sections now 4 geniune contestants who could win Danyl,Joe,Stacey and Olly and 2 acts that realistically shouldn't be there Jedward and Lloyd.Now in theory we should wondering what 1 of the 4 won't make the final cos it is hard to separate them but throw into the mix the other 2 acts(that will get alot of votes)and we could end up with an unlikely final 3.Id especially worry about Lloyd making it although the only hope is both he and Jedward have been in the bottom 2 for the last 3 weeks but have been saved by the judges not doing their duty and voting with their pockets in 2 cases!

On that subject ateam what are u on???? See its people thinking like you that makes me think Lloyd IS going to be the Leon Jackson of this year!

Doubt it would be Mariah Carey week they had that last year haven't actually heard what theme it is this week but judging by one posting it seems to be a suprise one.
    Fact is, John and Edward, and Lloyd have been in the bottom two recently. While people bang on about them getting votes because of demographics and not talent, the evidence indicates that isn't the case anymore, really.

I do think Lloyd should have gone instead of Jamie last week, but Jamie and Lloyd both deserved to be where they were based on the performances on Saturday night - John and Edward were better than both of them.

I stand by my prediction that Lloyd will be out next, and that John and Edward will follow the week after. Which 3 come out of the final 4, I don't know. I think Olly will be there, but the other three are close. I think Danyl should make it but people don't like him for whatever reason. Joe should get in over Stacey, but I have gone off both (I hate Joe and his blasted puppy dog eyes - but he is a great singer)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

If John & Edward don't get eliminated this week then I think no deadlock will work to their advantage. Think about it, if they get into the bottom two against any of the remaining contestants, the judges are going to get rid of them. However I think they'll secure enough votes from the public to stay away from the bottom of the bunch.

Imagine two weeks time...Jedward and Danyl the only two name not called. "And the contestant with the lowest amount of public votes is....Danyl" Yusssssssssss! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

By the way, Sunday night's results show was viewed by 16.6 million people!!! Amazing! This figure will start declining as soon as Jedward go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

By the way, Sunday night's results show was viewed by 16.6 million people!!! Amazing! This figure will start declining as soon as Jedward go...

The overall average was slightly down on last week.

If Lloyd goes the viewers will decline also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

That's because it was a sports weekend.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

emo!! wrote: »
    Both posts as shocking as eachother :pac:!
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Ah kids these days. :D They're just a dime a dozen flamboyant 80's pop band.
    Biggins wrote: »
    O' dear - now I DO feel old! :(
    :o:p I feel so young!!
    Aldito wrote: »
    What better way to relate to your fan base than to wear their clothes...
    Yeh by wearing what a girl would normally?? It actually does look quite stupid, especially the uggs! :)
    If John & Edward don't get eliminated this week then I think no deadlock will work to their advantage. Think about it, if they get into the bottom two against any of the remaining contestants, the judges are going to get rid of them. However I think they'll secure enough votes from the public to stay away from the bottom of the bunch.

Imagine two weeks time...Jedward and Danyl the only two name not called. "And the contestant with the lowest amount of public votes is....Danyl" Yusssssssssss! :pac::pac:
    I agree with this, If John and edward can stay out of the bottom 2 this week they have a fair chance. And I don't think its completely unrealistic for them not to be in the bottom 2. Even though its a few weeks ago now Danyl was in the bottom 2 and hasnt been since, hope for Jedward yet :)
    Also heard that around their performance the rateings peaked, surprise, surprise.
    I dont like Lloyd being compared to Leon. Because eevn though Leon faded away he could actually sing, which people tend to forget. 'When you believe' wasnt as good as the original but was much beter than anything Lloyd could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

This may be mentioned earlier in the thread (it's so long I can't be bothered looking).

But did anyone see Jonathon Ross on Fri night & a pic of Jedward came up on the screen (after they'd just done Ghostbusters, hair spiked to the high heavens, big grin & they had googles on their forehead) & Wossy said "they look like two successful sperms".

Oh I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

They are growing on me a bit though, you can't beat complete & utter perseverance in the face of such harsh comments all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

tba wrote: »
    That's because it was a sports weekend.

Sunday night wasn't.

Deise girl i will admit Leon could sing and is much much better than Lloyd who sadly is a boy left in an adults competition or as Simon put it so well a puppy running in the grand national!
    If i remember rightly Leon was very meh in the 1st few weeks and around the 3rd or 4th week Simon laid into him n it looked like he was gone but he did turn it around & improved.But there is no way he should have won & it was travesty that Rhydian did not win that year as he was head and shoulders above everyone else.
    Every week everyone waited to see him in the way that everyone cant wait for the Twins.He actually is similar to the Twins also in that he was depicted by the producers as rude,cocky and arrogant at first when it turned out he wasn't,in fairness to Jedward they dont seem as annoying as they did in that first audition and bootcamp.

Ok im rambling but apart from Rhydian,Leon and Same Difference i cant remember anyone else from that year!

• Advertisement

By the end of it I genuinely thought Leon was the deseving winner. He had made a lot of progress, he actually has a great recording voice too. The crucial difference also was that he made a connection with the audience where as Rhydian failed to do that.

The problem Leon had was that he was just god awful live. In that crucial period last year of promoting his material he was like a dear in headlights each time he was on stage.

Rhydian was always playing catch up because of the way they made him look in those opening weeks.Some of his performances were amazing and his is definitely one of the best albums from any x-factor finalist.

Did u not get a bit sick of Leon's sob story??? By the end i know i was ! Also he was an awful dancer very bow legged !!!

Emmmooo wrote: »
    Rhydian was always playing catch up because of the way they made him look in those opening weeks.Some of his performances were amazing and his is definitely one of the best albums from any x-factor finalist.

Did u not get a bit sick of Leon's sob story??? By the end i know i was ! Also he was an awful dancer very bow legged !!!

They over egged the sob story for sure, but that's really none of his fault.

Rhydian was great but people like to see progression. Rhydian was consistently brilliant, perhaps that bored a number of people; he was no better on the final night than he was on the first night. Plus, I don't think the people who voted truly would of had a taste for his music, I was shocked that he got as far as he did. Leon on the other hand went from that nervy car crash of a first week performance to a genuinely legitimate performer. It was the journey that people appreciated. I didn't really think his dancing was anything out of the ordinary tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

leon got voted in by teenage girls. rhydian should have won.

zuroph wrote: »
    leon got voted in by teenage girls. rhydian should have won.

So was Eoghan Quigg, but eventually the teenage vote wasn't enough for him to win. Lloyd apparently has the teenage girl vote but again, him being in the bottom two twice suggests that one needs a lot more than just the teenage girl vote.

Perhaps at first for those first few dodgy weeks Leon was saved by teenage girls, but as his confidence grew and performances got better it was a lot more than just teenage girls that won it for him.

Rhydian was the more polished singer but sometimes the more polished singers don't get what they deserve. It was a feat in itself IMO that a classicly trained performer got to the final of the X Factor anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Exactly. They are the reason folks are tuning in. They bring energy, fun, excitement and reality to the show. They are full of fun and put on a great show. They are a breath of fresh air to a rather tame programme. BTW, did anyone see their snippet on Sky News. They came across brilliant and even the interviewer was impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

i would suggest they are the biggest and best act to be on the x-factor since it began. NOT the best but the biggest and best. now how they will survive after its over depends on who they go with. id love to see simon sign them up and promote/develope them whether thats tv or pop industry. leaona is massive worlwide but after that id say jedward have had the most effect. i love them have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

walshb wrote: »
    Exactly. They are the reason folks are tuning in. They bring energy, fun, excitement and reality to the show. They are full of fun and put on a great show. They are a breath of fresh air to a rather tame programme. BTW, did anyone see their snippet on Sky News. They came across brilliant and even the interviewer was impressed

People gather around car crashes all the time. The sooner those two goons are gone the better.

Jedward have definitely ensured that the "I turn off after the auditions are over" demographic keep tuning in, that can't be denied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭walshb

People gather around car crashes all the time. The sooner those two goons are gone the better.

Goons?

The fact is that the British Public obviously see something with them.
    It's amazing, the ones who seem to be so against them are the bloody
    Irish. Typical!

Anyone who says these lads cannot entertain are missing a whole lot.
    And, they are genuinely easy going, innocent and very likable lads.

Star Quality! You cannot train to get it, it's innate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement